Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    I just submitted an update to hopefully improve the compatibility of this patch with other patches. Sorry it took so long, I've been busy.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Hey I finally installed Preware just now for the first time, and also installed this patch. It's so awesome! it works great so far. I'm glad you included the features to add/delete more pages because they completely go hand in hand with enabling 4x4 icons. My Pre is suddenly more awesome than ever. Thank you!
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reynamvictor View Post
    this work on 1.4.1.1?
    I haven't upgraded to 1.4.1.1 myself yet, but I don't believe that anything major enough changed in the code to screw up the patch. If there had been I'm sure someone would have mentioned it by now. Go for it and let me know if you have problems.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I'm on 1.4.1.1 and it's running great
    this patch conflicts with named launcher pages and add/deleted pages. thats why i can only use V3 or w/e. i cant use V3 with no arrows
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thegame2388 View Post
    this patch conflicts with named launcher pages and add/deleted pages. thats why i can only use V3 or w/e. i cant use V3 with no arrows
    This patch includes the add/delete pages feature, so of course it would conflict trying to use the separate add/delete pages patch together with this one.

It has also already been noted that it doesn't work with the named pages patch, and an update to fix this has already been submitted to Preware.

Sometimes it helps to read the original post.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Just updated to new version. Restarted, and now some of longer named apps are all running together
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Everything was running fine after v1.4.1.1, then I updated it with preware just a few minutes ago... now the icons seem larger and particularly the Text is too large/merging/overlapping.

I love this patch, but the change that this latest "update" made does not work from me.
    Just updated with this....but the text overlapping onto text on sides or above picture from icon below...is a deal breaker.

any fix for this coming?
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    i noticed this too, icons look bigger and text is overlapping

also noticed that there are arrows at the bottom of my pages too, which i dont remember seeing before...
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I am having the same problem, icon text overlapping and the scroll arrow is back.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Ok everyone, I see the problem. My patch makes changes to two files. For some reason the latest version in Preware doesn't include the changes to the second file. I'm not sure if this was my mistake when I submitted or if something happened on the webOSinternals end (I don't want to accuse anybody). I will talk to them and figure it out. In the meantime you can manually apply the .patch file in the original post with WOSQI.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I get the following error when trying to install the patch file from the first post using WebOS Quick Install:

ERROR: An error occured while attempting to run /tmp/scriptFile.sh
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/patch: **** malformed patch at line 84: .launcher_fade_bottom {
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I get an error when I try to install the patch from the first post. WebOS Quick install says.
    /media/cyptofs/apps/usr/bin/patch: **** malformed patch at line 84: .launcher_fade_bottom {
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    I just revisited all the code and updated line number for 1.4.1.1, and submitted another update to Preware. The patch file in OP has been updated. Manually apply that one or just wait for the update to post in Preware.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    >Everything was running fine after v1.4.1.1, then I updated it with preware just a
    >few minutes ago... now the icons seem larger and particularly the Text is too
    >large/merging/overlapping.

>I love this patch, but the change that this latest "update" made does not work
    >from me. \

Me too! ;-( I just updated 10 mins ago and I too have the issue of larger icons... wish I had known...

will wait for the new update to be approved and released...

love this patch...
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by givver View Post
    I get an error when I try to install the patch from the first post. WebOS Quick install says.
    /media/cyptofs/apps/usr/bin/patch: **** malformed patch at line 84: .launcher_fade_bottom {
    I just manually installed the patch, and it works fine. You must have a conflict with another patch. Do you have either of the included patches installed separately?
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Sorry for the double post.

It is working now since your last update. I think it might have been a bad download.
    The patch was working fine for me after the WebOS update. But after tonight's update of this patch, it makes the app launcher look like the default: 3 columns with bigger icons. Am I the only one?
    Last edited by ericco; 04/06/2010 at 02:35 AM.
    yeah after todays update I'm having problems... icons aren't lined up right, and the text doesn't wrap the way it did before...
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast