Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Thats the command line to force the removal of the patch.

This can be done using WOSQI
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Thats the command line to force the removal of the patch.

This can be done using WOSQI
    oh ok. thanks for the help
    that didn't work. still stuck with 4x4 v4
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HighSpeedChase View Post
    that didn't work. still stuck with 4x4 v4
    I guarantee a trip to the doctor would fix it

Honestly I doctor my phone about every two months. It's so easy with the way Palm restores almost everything. And it makes me re-evaluate which patches I actually use.

Plus I like having a fresh install. Its just like how I used to reinstall Windows every 6 months or so.
    Thanks for the Word Wrap. Can't wait to try it.
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    I guarantee a trip to the doctor would fix it

Honestly I doctor my phone about every two months. It's so easy with the way Palm restores almost everything. And it makes me re-evaluate which patches I actually use.

Plus I like having a fresh install. Its just like how I used to reinstall Windows every 6 months or so.
    I did an epr and I'm back to 3x3. I might just stick with that for a while.

if I were to doctor my pre, does it remove pretty much everything except the stock palm apps?
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Using the doctor resets your phone to factory conditions. That said, the first thing you do to a new phone is log into your Palm profile, which restores official apps, email, contacts, calendar, memos, tasks, bookmarks, etc. The files on your usb section (music, pictures, video) are untouched by the doctor. The only things you need to redo manually after doctoring are homebrews and patches.
    Loving this patch. The icon size and spacing are just exactly right.
    Will not install on a GSM Pre - 3/7 hunks failed or something like that in the log
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    I'm getting 1/7 hunk failed, also.

OK, damn. Sorry. Never mind. I doctored my phone this morning, and hadn't yet updated WebOS to 1.3.5.whatever. Disregard.
    Last edited by tennenho; 02/16/2010 at 09:34 AM. Reason: I'm an idiot
    cwgtex, what do you mean you "used" to reinstall windows every 6 months, (I do the same & I have around 20-30 computer in my house) Did you change to Linux, or OSX?
    Nice update, works great
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slydog43 View Post
    cwgtex, what do you mean you "used" to reinstall windows every 6 months, (I do the same & I have around 20-30 computer in my house) Did you change to Linux, or OSX?
    Well I've been running Windows 7 RC on my desktop. It is very fast, and I don't get the feeling like its getting slower over time. Could be in my head, but it is still running fast after 8 months or so.

However, that RC expires soon , so I have been "test driving" Ubuntu on my laptop. I like it. Its just so much different than Windows that I feel like a complete novice again. Its not that bad, its just I have to search through forums a lot to get answers on how to do stuff. Its definitely a learning experience.

I would recommend Ubuntu to anyone, just don't expect that being a Windows guru will make you an Ubuntu guru (read this article: Linux is NOT Windows ). I am thinking about switching over completely to Ubuntu so I don't have to buy Windows 7.

P.S. I would never switch to OSX, Apple is an evil company ...in my opinion of course .
    Last edited by cwgtex; 02/16/2010 at 02:05 PM.
    is there a no arrows patch around? Cause I have and like 5x4 icons (QL Bar hidden) and don't need arrows
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    is there a no arrows patch around? Cause I have and like 5x4 icons (QL Bar hidden) and don't need arrows
    I could make something like this, and make it compatible with other launcher patches. I'll do this when I get home tonight and submit it for Preware.
    sweet. many thanks
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    sweet. many thanks
    Done.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-launcher.html
    cool. I'll install when I got home
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    I was really excited to see this because I also have 5x4 icons and really did not want to downgrade to 4x4. The arrows really drive me nuts, though. When I have exactly 20 icons on a screen, I should never have that stupid arrow. Anyway, I installed your No Arrows/Fade Bar patch, and unfortunately it seems to conflict with the Named Pages in App Launcher patch that I also have installed. I'm a novice, but like you, I'm trying to learn, so I took a look at the patches, and it seems to have to do with the way that you've commented out that whole section of launcher.css from .launcher_fade_bottom to .launcher_arrow_top. Unfortunately, in the .launcher_arrow_top section, the Named Pages patch changes "top: 1px;" to "top: 45px;" in order to make room for the page names at the top of the launcher. With both patches applied, my icons completely vanish from my launcher. I can still use universal search to find an app, but otherwise, I had no launcher. Once I uninstalled the No Arrows patch, I had icons back.

So, I grabbed the launcher.css file from my Pre using Quick Install, and I changed it so fade_bottom, arrow_bottom, and fade_top are commented out, but I left arrow_top active, and this seems to have fixed the issue. I don't know how to go about making my own patch, and I don't know if you were interested in trying to modify your patch, but I thought I'd mention the conflict here, just in case anyone else has run into this issue. I'll drop a note on the Named Pages thread too. It seems like there's been a rash of app launcher patches lately that have been causing people to lose their launcher icons!
    Well, damn, I should've gone to read the Named Pages patch thread first, cuz I just saw that you (and others) have already commented on how these two patches are conflicting with each other. Anyway, as I mentioned above, if you were to change the blocks of code that you are commenting out so that the .launcher_arrow_top section is left alone, that would make your patch compatible with Named Pages. I guess it would mean you would get an up arrow if you have more icons than will fit on your screen, but it seems like that's not nearly as much of an issue as the down arrow and the fade bar. Anyway, thanks bunches for this patch!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast