Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    cwgtex, Do you mind replacing the Brightness Slider with a Media Volume Slider for this patch? xanthinealkaloid has already added his Media Volume Slider patch to Jason's Megamix patch and I was hoping you could do the same for your Ultramix patch.

Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    It definitely could be done, but you may try asking the author of that patch...My main reason for posting this one was because I wanted to share what I use.

The code is available for anyone to use.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Is there any chance that non English Users can get your awesome Patches someday (since they are not working for us)? I would offer any help on translating (I translated already three Apps)!
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    Is there any chance that non English Users can get your awesome Patches someday (since they are not working for us)? I would offer any help on translating (I translated already three Apps)!
    Fortunately, anyone can create a patch for the correct html files and submit it for Preware as dependent on this patch.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    I can do normal webOS Apps (multilanguage from the beginning) but not patches. I have no idea why Jason does not want to include other Languages into his Patches just from the beginning. That is much easyer then later copying a Patch, tweaking it and releaseing it again.
    I can do normal webOS Apps (multilanguage from the beginning) but not patches. I have no idea why Jason does not want to include other Languages into his Patches just from the beginning. That is much easyer then later copying a Patch, tweaking it and releaseing it again.
    First of all, there's 26 different language possibilities on the Pre other than US English, so it would take a long time to go through a create patches for each one to cover everyone.

Secondly, my suggestion is fairly simple because anyone can take the correct HTML file and create a patch for that one file...From what I understand, that patch would then be submitted to Preware as dependent on the original patch, so the installation process would prompt the user as to what needs to be installed...It would be similar to when you install one of Jason's patch which require his SysToolsMgr service.

I hope that makes more sense.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    currently there is only German, Spanish and French.

and how should I know what files I need to change. Is there some sort off IPK extract tool?

and still this does not explain how to create a patch. Is there a how-to about it?
    currently there is only German, Spanish and French.

and how should I know what files I need to change. Is there some sort off IPK extract tool?

and still this does not explain how to create a patch. Is there a how-to about it?
    The file should be:
    Code:
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/[LOCALE]/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html
    For example, German [LOCALE] would be de_de.

You would have to extract it from the appropriate WebOS Doctor version...Then, you can modify the file based on the changes you see in the original patch file...Lastly, you could use Jason's Unified Diff Creator to make the patch file, using your modified version and the original.

Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Sorry I haven't update this patch in a while, I've been busy.

Is there some sort off IPK extract tool?
    Install 7zip and Notepad++ on your computer (use google to find them).

7zip is an archive program that can open IPKs. I can also open the webOS doctor.

Notepad++ is an awesome text editor that gives you line numbers and color coding based on the file type. It makes it much easier to read code.

Use Notepad++ to open the .patch file in the original post. Or use it to take a look at other patches. You will quickly get the picture as far as patch structure. Take a look at this patch, it is a lot simpler:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-launcher.html
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    @Taurec
    open the .patch file you are interested in Notepad++
    there you can clearly and color coded see what files get changed
    pull these from your Pre or webOS doctor, but not from the app... directory, but search in the resources/views directory.
    modify the file and copy it somewhere, and then use Jasons unified diff app to make a patch file that patches the differences between the original and your modification.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    I will try this later with Eclipse.

Anyway I still think it would be much easyer if Jason just includes the other html-files
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Hi Taurec,

did you try working on the patch for Germany? I`d love to have that one also
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    I will do that next week.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    I'll need to re-visit this issue, I finally saw this myself. I will post an update soon.
    Good to know, just experienced the problem myself. Any updates?
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    nope?
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Been busy with work, this is still on my to-do list though.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Good news everyone, finally got some free time, and I updated this patch for 1.4.5. In the process, I fixed the airplane mode bug. It has been submitted to Preware, and should appear there soon, or just grab it from the first post.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    I also tweaked something else when updating the patch. The brightness slider range is from 5 to 100 percent. This means you don't need the "reduce minimum brightness" patch, and when you scroll down to the minimum (5), the keyboard is still lit up. I realized I was constantly sliding around trying to make the screen as dim as possible but leave the keys lit, now it is much easier.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Patch is approved in Preware.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234