Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    That's how my Pre looks after aplying this Patch (1.3.5.2 German) :-(
    this.. which?
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    The Ultramix Patch of course.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    I tried to install the patch in post 18. I removed all other Device Menu patches first, including % for battery. WOSQI installation gave the folloing error: ..... **** malformed patch at line 72: @@ -177,6 + 191,48 @@
    Who can help? Thanks a lot. This is the patch I have been waiting for for long!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    Here is the same patch except it leaves the airplane mode alone. Apply with WOSQI.
    Got an error when applying this patch...

"Hunk#2 FAILED at 32

ERROR: An error occured while attempting to run /tmp/scriptFile.sh"
    is there a patch that stops me from activating this menu by touching it every time I set my phone in the cup holder of my car!!!

I grab it by the upper right hand corner and it kicks open this menu, I'd love to just have that menu NEVER OPEN unless I click an icon in the launcher or in my pages or even a Gesture area + click would be bad ***....
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Can everyone who is having problems with this patch please also post their carrier/country? I am wondering if all German users are unable to apply my patch that would make me think that a line or two in their device files are different (enough to make the patch fail). I then might be inclined to create a German (example) version of the patch; I would just need someone to send me the stock files from their Pre (a freshly doctored one from the latest update).
    As Jason has states in his thread for the orignal device menu patches, these patches are doomed to fail on non-english versions because the patch modifies a html file which is language specific.

Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    As Jason has states in his thread for the orignal device menu patches, these patches are doomed to fail on non-english versions because the patch modifies a html file which is language specific.

I'm not sure if that is 100% accurate...

I downloaded a webosdoctor for German 1.3.5.2. I poked around until I found the stock files that this patch affects:

/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html

I ran them through the UnifiedDiffCreator vs. the English (Sprint) versions. I get this message: [Error: No differences]

So in theory my patch should work the same on a English or German Pre...right?

I think the only way to figure this out is if a German user could help me out . I need someone to apply this .patch file (in original post) to a freshly doctored 1.3.5.2 German Pre using WOSQI and tell me how it works.
    I'm not sure if that is 100% accurate...

I downloaded a webosdoctor for German 1.3.5.2. I poked around until I found the stock files that this patch affects:

/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html

I ran them through the UnifiedDiffCreator vs. the English (Sprint) versions. I get this message: [Error: No differences]

So in theory my patch should work the same on a English or German Pre...right?
    Please take a look at the pic in post #21 above.

It shows a lack of text...The labels are supposed to come from the html file in question.

I think the only way to figure this out is if a German user could help me out . I need someone to apply this .patch file (in original post) to a freshly doctored 1.3.5.2 German Pre using WOSQI and tell me how it works.
    Here's the post I was referring to in my previous post #86.

Here's another thread for you to look at because the language specific files are stored in a different directory.
    TopBar patches in 1.3.5.2

The file you're looking for in the German version DR is probably located @
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/de_de/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html (but it could be de_ch or de_dk)

I hope this makes a bit more sense.

xanthinealkaloid is correct. The html "view" files in the webOS are English language by default, which is convenient for English patches. However with other languages, you need to re-write the patch for the other language "view" html files.

The folder /resources/ will contain folder of different supported languages. "de_de" is the German language directory.. In it, you'll find the German-equivalent "view" files you'll need to patch for a German patch translation.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    The folder /resources/ will contain folder of different supported languages. "de_de" is the German language directory.. In it, you'll find the German-equivalent "view" files you'll need to patch for a German patch translation.
    Ahhh...so the German webosdoctor has english and german files in it...gotcha. Maybe I'll see about snagging the correct files and creating a German version of this patch. Actually now that I think about it I'll just wait and do it after 1.4 (and its German equivalent) come out.

Thanks xanthinealkaloid and Jason!
    Nice Patch.. one problem I have is that when switching between on/off data, my data doesn't work at all. I had to switch back and forth between airplane mode to get data back on. Airplane mode was also taken out of the menu so I had to use power button. Anyone with this issue? I'm using the U.S version.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    it wont uninstall
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kqnjml View Post
    Nice Patch.. one problem I have is that when switching between on/off data, my data doesn't work at all. I had to switch back and forth between airplane mode to get data back on. Airplane mode was also taken out of the menu so I had to use power button. Anyone with this issue? I'm using the U.S version.
    I do notice that it takes 3-10 seconds for the data to turn on. It turns off instantly though.

This isn't just my patch though. If you toggle data off in the actual phone menu, it takes the same amount of time.

After toggling the data on, how long did you wait?
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by devinwhozzz View Post
    it wont uninstall
    Can you be more descriptive? What have you tried?
    Adds: brightness control, data, gps, flashlight
    Removes: date, battery level, airplane mode

Anyway you could make a patch that has:
    date
    brightness control in slider format
    wifi
    gps toggle
    flashlight
    (in that order)??

I've been waiting for a patch that combines the flash light with the brightness and keeps the date. That date is the only way I never know what day it is!

I'd appreciate it.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by socca1157 View Post
    Anyway you could make a patch that has:
    date
    brightness control in slider format
    wifi
    gps toggle
    flashlight
    (in that order)??
    So you want to have Bluetooth hidden?
    I use spanish TELCEL MEXICO 10.3.5.2 version and i have the same problem with this patch , i want ro restore the device menu, please helpme
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Can everyone who is having problems with this patch please also post their carrier/country? I am wondering if all German users are unable to apply my patch that would make me think that a line or two in their device files are different (enough to make the patch fail). I then might be inclined to create a German (example) version of the patch; I would just need someone to send me the stock files from their Pre (a freshly doctored one from the latest update).
    I am on a German Pre, German QWERTZ keyboard, WebOS 1.3.5.2 World Ready 1.2, language setting English (US), format setting Switzerland
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast