Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    My wife's Pre has been having issues fast battery drain random shutoff and hang on Palm logo (apparent problem c\documented multiple times here) and I took it to Sprint this morning. I forgot I usually would do Emergency Patch Recovery before but I didn't. They wanted to blame the Battery Icon & Percent patch which I know is bull because I use it and she has had it for months. They wanted to do a full erase and I said ok. They did multiple partial and full erase and the patches survived the Percent was on the initial Palm Profile login screen. They asked if they could do a manual erase (I assume WebOS doctor and it still didn't work. I'm not sure if this is due to the AUPT now or something else. I just did full WebOS Doctor last week back to 1.2.1 then to 1.3.5.1 to clear everything including USB drive to see if that would fix the problem. After 2 hours I took the phone back and told them I'd bring it back erased since they couldn't. Any ideas?
    I know that there were some recent updates to how patches are installed, so that with future updates there won't be a need to uninstall the patches then reinstall after an update. That being said, maybe this has something to do with going backwards as well (via the webos dr. tool). I would try using the emergency patch removal tool to see if that gets rid of the batter percentage, the webos dr. it if you still want to. If that doesn't work then you may just be straight up hosed, which could turn out to be a major problem in the future if this happens to a lot of people.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    I'm using webos Doctor 1.2.1 now that should take care of that now I was thinking about the AUPT but I don't think that should survice the Doctor but since 1.3.5.1 doctor doesn't touch USB partition its possible but the store erased everythin else on USB drive and all apps includin PreWare so I no longer had option of EPR. I just seemed smarter than the 3 techs on duty this morning. The other 4 times I've been to that store have always been at night so I don't think I'll go for day shift again.
    Make sure you are erasing your palm profile before running a doctor, otherwise it will put back some of the patches.

Rob

Go to 'Backup' and turn it off, it will then do an erase!
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Make sure you are erasing your palm profile before running a doctor, otherwise it will put back some of the patches.

Rob

Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post

Rob

No it will not.

If you are having these issues after a doctor to 1.2.1 then update then it is not a patch doing it.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I just doctored my phone last night and seems like the patches survived as well. When I go to Preware, it said that I had patches installed but none of them were actually running. Then I tried to use EPR, it gave me an error saying there was no patches installed. Finally, I used webOS Quick Install to uninstall the patches, that seemed to get rid of them.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Doctor to 1.2.1 then 1.3.5.1 got rid of everything except the additional launcher page came back with the palm profile but I think that stays with the profile. The issue was the patches were surviving a Full Erase and the store saif they were doing a manual erase and they wouldn't go away. I can only guess what a manual erase was maybe current WebOS Doctor 1.3.5.1 but since AUPT stores info on USB drive that it kept the patches
    Quote Originally Posted by cl191 View Post
    I just doctored my phone last night and seems like the patches survived as well. When I go to Preware, it said that I had patches installed but none of them were actually running. Then I tried to use EPR, it gave me an error saying there was no patches installed. Finally, I used webOS Quick Install to uninstall the patches, that seemed to get rid of them.
    You can remove them from Preware or QI. AUPT patches don't get stuck anymore. Doctor doesn't wipe the /media/internal USB partition which is where all the package data is.

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by jesmann View Post
    Doctor to 1.2.1 then 1.3.5.1 got rid of everything except the additional launcher page came back with the palm profile but I think that stays with the profile. The issue was the patches were surviving a Full Erase and the store saif they were doing a manual erase and they wouldn't go away. I can only guess what a manual erase was maybe current WebOS Doctor 1.3.5.1 but since AUPT stores info on USB drive that it kept the patches
    The patch is to enable the hidden functionality that is commented out that allows you to add/remove a page. The saving/restoring of pages and page layout is already a part of Palm's profile process and the patch does nothing to modify that behavior.

The same with the LED notifications patch, the code is already supplied by Palm. The patch simply enables the ability to turn it on/off.

-Eric G

Donate