Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  

Description:

Starts Google Maps in fullscreen mode which can later be toggled on and off with a tap-hold on the screen.

In other words, it hides the top bar & "stored" notifications, allowing a wider view of the map.

Update:
    As of 1.4, it appears the forward gesture is broken(), so I'm changing the toggle to a hold event...Unless there's a consensus objection, I'm going to leave it as a tap-hold, because I may use the forward gesture for a zoom out(that is if I can make it work).

Patch creation is something I do in my spare time for myself and the Precentral community.
    If you find value in my work, please take a moment to click the thanks button.
    Should you be inclined, a donation link is available in my signature, and a sincere thanks to those who have.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by xanthinealkaloid; 04/26/2010 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Updated patch file.
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Where is attached patch?
    ...I got in too big of a hurry...I forgot the click the upload button!
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Works great, kind of nice having the toggle too. Another patch tweaking something I didn't know I wanted tweaked
    this patch works so well, thanks! I was going to start a new thread, but instead I'll just throw this idea in here. There isn't a one finger way to zoom out in google maps, so I was thinking that it would be cool to tap and hold the screen, or else the gesture area, or something, to zoom out. Good idea?
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    this patch works so well, thanks! I was going to start a new thread, but instead I'll just throw this idea in here. There isn't a one finger way to zoom out in google maps, so I was thinking that it would be cool to tap and hold the screen, or else the gesture area, or something, to zoom out. Good idea?
    Volume buttons to zoom in and out?

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    yeah that might be cool too.
  7.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Volume buttons to zoom in and out?
    These ideas are good...Zooming was actually one of the things I was exploring as I was making this patch.

However, one thing to keep in mind is that much of the work in Google Maps is done server-side through the webview widget...I'm still just learning, so it's going to take me some time to figure it all out.

I kind of lean towards one-handed operation also...If I can get it to work, I'll post something up.

you can hold you phone weird, and uncomfortably pinch to zoom and hold the phone all with one hand, lol. So instead of calling it one handed zooming, I decided to ask for one fingered zooming. I think people should replace "one handed" with "one finger"
    [QUOTE=xanthinealkaloid;2194966]
    Description:

Starts Google Maps in fullscreen mode which can later be toggled on and off using the forward gesture.[QUOTE]

Forgive my ignorance here, but I'm not sure I get it. When I open Google Maps it sure looks full screen to me. Does this remove the buttons or someting else? How about a screen shot in the OP for a visual reference?

Thanks!
    ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    It would be much better if it would start in normal mode and then could be toggled to real fullscreen removing both, the top bar (like it does now) and the buttons with a swipe!
    Do you think you could do that? Would be amazing!
    zooming with the volume keys would be kool.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    [QUOTE=OnePalmAddict;2210609][QUOTE=xanthinealkaloid;2194966]
    Description:

Starts Google Maps in fullscreen mode which can later be toggled on and off using the forward gesture.

Forgive my ignorance here, but I'm not sure I get it. When I open Google Maps it sure looks full screen to me. Does this remove the buttons or someting else? How about a screen shot in the OP for a visual reference?

Thanks!
    ME
    hides notification bar and top bar in fullscreen, providing max screen real estate
  13.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
    It would be much better if it would start in normal mode and then could be toggled to real fullscreen removing both, the top bar (like it does now) and the buttons with a swipe!
    Do you think you could do that? Would be amazing!
    Here ya go...This one will start regular with the option to go fullscreen.

I'm probably not going to submit it to Preware though.

As far as removing the controls, it's not likely this can be done...It would be like trying to remove a button off a webpage because it's part of what Google is serving up to the webview widget...If someone could figure out how to do it, I'd be interested.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by xanthinealkaloid; 02/09/2010 at 10:29 AM. Reason: missed something
  14.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post

Thanks!
    ME
    hides notification bar and top bar in fullscreen, providing max screen real estate
    Exactly!

I apologize I can't post a screenshot right now.

15.    #16  
    FWIW...I noticed a couple of issues with this patch after the 1.4 update.

1. A blank space was appearing at the bottom of the map.

2. The forward gesture no longer functions.

Both issues have been fixed with a new patch file posted in the OP...I'll be submitting the update to Preware shortly.

Basically, I had to move the inital fullscreen & change to toggle to a hold event...I hope this works for everybody!

Patch creation is something I do in my spare time for myself and the Precentral community.
    If you find value in my work, please take a moment to click the thanks button.
    Should you be inclined, a donation link is available in my signature, and a sincere thanks to those who have.
    Hi,
    I think I installed this via Linux command line but I forget how.
    I have not been able to uninstall via Preware nor WOSQI.
    What command line can I give that will uninstall this patch?

Thanks,
    Manny
    Last edited by Mannyman; 03/31/2010 at 05:18 PM. Reason: typo
  17.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    Hi,
    I think I installed this via Linux command line but I forget how.
    I have not been able to uninstall via Preware nor WOSQI.
    What command line can I give that will uninstall this patch?

Thanks,
    Manny
    Assumming you used this command:
    Code:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/patch -p1 -d / -i /path/to/.patch
    You can try this command:
    Code:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/patch -R -p1 -d / -i /path/to/.patch
    If that doesn't work, simple use Jason's WebOS Repair Utility to restore this file:
    Code:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.maps/app/assistants/mapshell-assistant.jsjsjs

***Lastly, don't install patches via commandline...It's not a best practice at this point, especially if you're not familiar with Linux commands.***

Thanks.
    I found my notes and used this:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/patch -R -p1 -d / -i /media/internal/Gmaps-fullscreen.patch

There were a few patches like the 800mhz and v1 of wrap pages, and a couple of others that I had no choice at the time.

Hopefully I can play it safe in the future and just use Preware or WOSQI.
  19.    #20  
    Since we have the forward gesture, I can change the fullscreen toggle event back, if it's a big deal to enough folks.

Personally, it doesn't bother me either way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast