Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    great patch, toggle would make it awesome! I remember the Treo having a feature to where you can hide the text message and make it reappear whenever you wanted, you were able to hide the entire chat log if I can remember correctly....
    Thanks for the hard work, but I will just stick to my policy of not being more than 12 inches away from my phone when anyone less than lifelong-friends or family are around (and even that's not 100%!).
    Prē
  3. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jngg View Post
    If it can block or filter some sms ,it would be nice.
    +1 for this. I get some spam crap messages that I cant shake. Kids are playing games and the f-in "enlargements" messages come across the screen. Real nice jerks!

Kinda like the block caller thing. add sms sender to contacts as 'do not answer' or something.

Otherwise great job on the patch, this was one more thing Palm should have thought of.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    i use notepad lol to edit them

umm would removing the []'s work?
  5.    #45  
    Thanks for submitting this, peterlemonjello. It's been on my list of things to do for some time. Between working and going to school, both full-time, it's just slipped through the cracks. I hope now to make it even better as it gets more exposure.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    Thanks for submitting this, peterlemonjello. It's been on my list of things to do for some time. Between working and going to school, both full-time, it's just slipped through the cracks. I hope now to make it even better as it gets more exposure.
    Awesome work! All I really think is needed is a toggle and this would be complete for most people. Good job.
    How about 3 additional privacy feature:
    1-'New Text Message' as notification without a name
    2-The option of 3 blinks every 30 sec for new text message without any written message.
    3-A selection screen to turn on & off the features
    Last edited by mailmmm; 07/16/2010 at 12:57 AM. Reason: forgot to put 30 sec after blink
    +10000

cool stuff!
    This is perfect for the privacy on text messages. Does anyone know of a patch that will do this same things for email notices?

When the email notification is on the screen, it shows the who the message is from and the subject. If the phone is closed and locked, it still shows this info, so anyone glancing at the phone sees it, it would be nice just to see a notice that there is email, and just shows the number of emails perhaps.
    I downloaded the patch to my pixi but when I tried to open it said it was unable to open the file format. Help please.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtspalmpre View Post
    This is perfect for the privacy on text messages. Does anyone know of a patch that will do this same things for email notices?

When the email notification is on the screen, it shows the who the message is from and the subject. If the phone is closed and locked, it still shows this info, so anyone glancing at the phone sees it, it would be nice just to see a notice that there is email, and just shows the number of emails perhaps.
    We should do this!!
    Take a look at this...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Take a look at this...
    Sweet! Are you tweaking the patch?
    Yep, I'm adding a preference for the Privacy Patch to Tweaks. This will allow you to easily enable & disable the patch.
    Nice!
    Did this patch ever get finished with the ability to toggle in tweaks? If it did i'd love to be able to utilize it. I've looked in the preware feeds and it's nowhere to be found. Any word from the developer as to what the state of the patch is? And also a +1 to the developer a awesome patch to begin with please keep up the great work and phenominal patches.
    Sprint Palm Pre+ WebOS 2.1 W/ Flash. OC'D 500/1.1ghz.
    I'm still working on it. I ran into a problem and haven't had much free time to get it fixed. I'll see if I can knock it out in the next day or so.
    Ok, I give up. I've tried everything I can to integrate this with tweaks. Here's a thread I started asking for help http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ch-tweaks.html. I've tried placing the tweaks service request in several different places but can't get it to work. If someone else wants to give it a try good luck!

I really wish I could have gotten this working since the 'Neato My Messages' patch is out.
    PLJ is this still available through Preware?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast