1.    #1  
    I decided I wanted to add a few words to my autoreplace dictionary, so I went through a few websites for commonly misspelled words and added about 100 or so words... I figured since it takes two seconds, I'd toss it together as a patch for people to use if they want.

So here you go, it's not a huge jump in words, just a little enhancement to the original.

This of course won't be compatible with the Google 3000 words patch as they affect the same file. This is for people like me who can't spell for **** and just want a little extra help. haha
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Hey Spader -- Thanks for the work on this. Just noticed it in Preware today.

For those of us who have manually edited our auto-correct / spellcheck files (thus making the patch incompatible as you already noted in relation to the google 3000 words patch), do you happen to have a text version of these additional changes available that you could possibly post? I realize I can extract the changes by extracting all of the + lines from the .patch file, but I figured first I'd ask if you had the raw data available to save myself 30 minutes....

If not, no bid deal. Thanks for your efforts to expand the list.
  3.    #3  
    I didn't keep a seperate list of just the changes - I should have, I know - I only have the actual full text-edit-autoreplace file with my changes.

If you want that, I will send it to you.

I also plan on adding some more to this when I have the time, I don't want to make it ridiculously bloated, but there are plenty of words I misspell on a regular basis not yet in there.

If anyone has suggestions on specific "trouble" words that they think I should add to the next update, let me know.
    i tried to install i keep getting an error so its no go for me.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    I didn't keep a seperate list of just the changes - I should have, I know - I only have the actual full text-edit-autoreplace file with my changes.

If you want that, I will send it to you.

I also plan on adding some more to this when I have the time, I don't want to make it ridiculously bloated, but there are plenty of words I misspell on a regular basis not yet in there.

If anyone has suggestions on specific "trouble" words that they think I should add to the next update, let me know.
    No big deal. It's not hard to find your additions in the .patch file directly. All lines with + in front of them. Once I do that, I'll post that list here. My small contribution to others updating their list manually.

I'm actually using a mishmash of the Core Palm file + Google 3000 - Google3000 errors (corrections to real words) + 100 or so additional words from another forum member + a few of my own common misspellings and shortcuts. The nice aspect of this file is it doesn't have to be managed as a patch, since it's very easy to use WOSQI to pull and replace the appropriate file, once you've edited it to your liking. See the other post http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...justments.html

The thing about the google 3000 list is that it also helps correct for fat-finger typos associated with hitting a wrong key nearby the right key. So that's helpful when you want to try typing fast or even typing without looking. So far, I haven't found it to be bloated to the point of causing any delays in booting, typing, or opening apps.
    hey guys. i've fixed the 3000 word auto-replace and added all the blackberry auto-correct misspelling to the list. i didn't check them all but it seems contain the ones you have here and a lot more.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...justments.html

edit: now i see the link above. so if your using my list than you don't need to add these.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    I decided I wanted to add a few words to my autoreplace dictionary, so I went through a few websites for commonly misspelled words and added about 100 or so words... I figured since it takes two seconds, I'd toss it together as a patch for people to use if they want.

So here you go, it's not a huge jump in words, just a little enhancement to the original.

This of course won't be compatible with the Google 3000 words patch as they affect the same file. This is for people like me who can't spell for **** and just want a little extra help. haha
    My question about this patch is...What exactly does it do? Does it replace a misspell word for you when typing or what? Could someone shed some clarity on this for me.
    Last edited by rush; 06/21/2010 at 01:14 PM. Reason: correction in spelliing...
  8.    #8  
    All it does it add about 100 words to the standard auto correct file. I went through a long list of commonly misspelled words and added all the ones that weren't already there.

I did it that way to avoid the slight slowdown I felt I got from the 3000 Google words patch while still robustifying (great word, haha) the auto-correct a little bit.

If you're looking for a large change to the auto-correct file, the Google 3000 word patch might be better suited to your needs.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Hey,
    every time i try to remove this patch i get this error:

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.mojo-100-more-autoreplace-words.prerm 2>&1
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |diff --git a/etc/palm/autoreplace/en_us/text-edit-autoreplace b/etc/palm/autoreplace/en_us/text-edit-autoreplace
    |index 1becac5..7f10bcf 100644
    |--- a/etc/palm/autoreplace/en_us/text-edit-autoreplace
    |+++ b/etc/palm/autoreplace/en_us/text-edit-autoreplace
    --------------------------
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    47 out of 47 hunks ignored

Any ideas?

Thx
    Last edited by PRE_Shields_PRE; 12/27/2010 at 07:43 PM.
    wifi wont turn on someone help