Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    so you can't select or copy text from an app if it isn't in a text field. In the past few days, I've needed to do this a couple times. So instead, I just spend 20 minutes going between an app and an email I was composing to type a long thing all over again. The other time was actally trying to copy someones status from the touch Facebook website, so I'm not sure y that doesn't work, but I had to get on my pc just to copy it.... Can there be a patch fix for this??
    it sucks. im surprised i didnt hear about the copy/paste on this phone before i bought it. people made such a big deal about iphone not having it. you might as well say we dont have it either
    Press the up arrow key and touch what txt you want highlighted, the touch the gesture area and the v key to paste. works for me.... in non editable fields...
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  4.    #4  
    yeah, i think we half way have it, i think they just forgot to include it in apps?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Press the up arrow key and touch what txt you want highlighted, the touch the gesture area and the v key to paste. works for me.... in non editable fields...
    for me it works in txt fields and pretty much everywhere in the browser. it doesnt work where i described in the first post

but yeah im not brand new to webos, i know how to do that
    wow, hadn't noticed that.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    yea

Code:
    try to copy and paste this

or clicking on http://www.google.com
    how could they leave this simple feature out??
  8.    #8  
    I can select that, but on the other end of the coin, it selects the entire paragraph in web pages. You posed googles url, but I can't select just the url to copy that and past in my address bar. I would have to slect and copy all of it ("or clicking on http://www.google.com") and go back and delete all that if I wanted to use the url

this is really handicapped selecting

note, the problem is really with selecting, not copying. If I can select what I want, I can copy anything
    how did you select it?

for some reason on my fav music forum i cannot figure out how to select text in code boxes so i cant download ANYTHING
  10.    #10  
    same shift (up arrow) plus tap. Did you get on your phone and try it here? Like what I said about the Facebook touch website, maybe it just doesn't work elsewere? Because of Facebook, I don't know when I can select and when I can't in the browser
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    I can select that, but on the other end of the coin, it selects the entire paragraph in web pages. You posed googles url, but I can't select just the url to copy that and past in my address bar. I would have to slect and copy all of it ("or clicking on ") and go back and delete all that if I wanted to use the url

this is really handicapped selecting

note, the problem is really with selecting, not copying. If I can select what I want, I can copy anything
    If you press Option (orange key of Pre, silver key on Pre+ or Pixi) and click a link (or a picture) on the web browser, you get an option menu, including an option to copy url
  12.    #12  
    sure but the example above was just text. I'm saying you can't select individual words in the browser (besides text fields) which would be very useful
    sure but the example above was just text. I'm saying you can't select individual words in the browser (besides text fields) which would be very useful
    I hear you, but when the Pre was released, we couldn't copy ANY words that weren't in an editable field. So yes, it's annoying that we have to copy a full paragraph, open up Memo or Email or something to paste into and then highlight only what we want and delete the rest, but I am at least happy we have the limited copy/paste! :-)
  14.    #14  
    oic, yeah that's improvment. I didn't kno, got my pre in november
    I too find it odd that we cannot select text in all apps/pages/fields. I cannot wait for the day Palm or the patch community figures this one out.
  16.    #16  
    ahh! I'm gna use this thread to complain about the topic!! In touch.facebook.com, in a comment, a former awesome teacher of mine has sent me a list of podcasts he likes to listen to (I love drpodder!) and I can't select it to copy it into a memo!!!! Palm, o palm! Why have you forsaken me?!
    It's not entirely Palm's fault...Edit commands are app specific not global, so different apps are going to have different implementations, maybe even none.

18.    #18  
    but shouldn't I be able to select anything in the browser? Like at touch.facebook.com? I don't understand why I can't select certain things in the browser. What sets touch.facebook apart from precentral.net that lets me select text here, but not there?
    but shouldn't I be able to select anything in the browser? Like at touch.facebook.com? I don't understand why I can't select certain things in the browser. What sets touch.facebook apart from precentral.net that lets me select text here, but not there?
    My previous post was more of a general statement.

However, the Facebook example proves the point...It depends how the target is set up.

While touch.facebook.com doesn't allow selecting a friend's status, m.facebook.com does.

20.    #20  
    thanks! That's wat I thought, but until recently, thought I tried m.facebook only to be redirected to the touch site?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast