1.    #1  
    Looking for a patch to disable the clock screen while on the touchstone charger. It is way too bright while sleeping. I would like to be able to just have the screen completely off, or at least reduce the brightness of the clock screen. Any help would be appreciated.
    Try Brightness Unlinked
    Quote Originally Posted by peeg View Post
    Try Brightness Unlinked

Something that doesn't require a program running all the time?

M.
    Mode switcher!

You'll need to configure it once- add the patch 'start mode switcher on luna restart', and forget about it-
    I thought there was a patch for this, but couldn't remember the name and had to look. I's Quick System Tasks-Beta, it lets you set it to turn the screen completely off, while on the Touchstone!

Hope that helps, it's in Preware.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyK View Post
    Mode switcher!

You'll need to configure it once- add the patch 'start mode switcher on luna restart', and forget about it-

Wow. What a tangled mess that app is. Powerful? I think so, it's hard to tell. I can't believe that this is the best solution there is.

I'll have to dig under the hood more and see if I can find where that scene is being called and/or the service that's checking for Touchstone vs plug charger.

M.
    The great thing about mode switcher is that you narrow a scenario to trigger a mode for almost anything- one of the triggers is placing the phone on the touchstone, you can even go as far as setting the screen off on touchstone when rotated. There is a thread with a whole bunch of different mode settings, take a look at those and it should be easy to set up.

But the easiest is what Verwon said- Quick Systems Tasks- you'll have to leave a card open for it to run without having a dashboard notification, but you can set it for turning the screen off on the touchstone, close it, and the setting won't change. So all you have to do is open QST before going to sleep.

(As a side note: on the Pre2, hitting the power button twice turns the screen off on the touchstone)