Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Having only a small percentage of my events starting on the hour, I find modifying start and end dates a bit long. On my Treo, I'm used to just going to the desired day and typing numbers for the start time, which will create a new appointment quickly.

Even better would be a way to follow through to the end time and description with successive pushes on the return key.

Now for a 4:45-6:45 event it's:
    1: Tap on 4:00
    2: type description
    3: Tap on "i"
    4: Tap on time settings
    5: Tap on start minutes
    6: type 15
    7: type return
    8: tap on end hour or return 4 times!
    9: type 6
    10: return (or tap)
    11: type 45
    12: BACK and BACK again

Instead of:
    1: type 415 (if typing "thru" to the minutes was patched, instead of hitting return)
    2: return
    3: type 645
    4: return
    5: type "meeting name"
    and BACK completes
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    you should install QuickEvents (homebrew app) and the associated global-search-assistance patch. With both of those install, you will be able to just start typing from the launcher and add events to the calendar with the level of granularity you've justed described.

i've been using this combo for a while and it is THE best way to enter events in the calendar...i just start typing like this, from the launcher:

lunch 1:12p-2:34p next wed @fancypants restaurant

pressing enter launches QuickEvents, which gives you a confirmation of what you've just typed, as well as options for which calendar to add the event to, the reminder setting, etc.

it's sweet. try it out.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Just tried it. WOWZERS!

Whoops...doesn't respect regional settings (day/month format)...I'll mail the developer...
    Last edited by Goyena; 01/29/2010 at 11:37 AM.
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)