1.    #1  
    I doctored my phone yesterday. used 1.2.1 doctor to wipe and reset phone, did OTA update to 1.3.5.1, then a partial wipe to reset my palm profile (lost contacts during the update). after restoring my palm profile, I had all my contacts and apps. however, i also had a 4th launcher page, on a freshly doctored pre.

now, i am unable to install the add/delete launcher pages patch through WebOS quick install. received an IPKG error. (i tried to duplicate it to copy it over, but was unable to. see below)

after restarting the phone, I am now unable to connect to the phone with WebOS quick install. additionally, when I plug the phone into the computer, i get the charging icon on the battery, but it does not pop up with the menu for Media Sync, USB mode, or Just Charge.

does anyone have any idea what might be going on?
    Last edited by aeroblu22; 01/28/2010 at 10:53 AM. Reason: additional info
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Sounds like the phone didn't get wiped all the way. Download the latest 1.3.5.1 Doctor and try it again. I know there have been other problems reported in the past when using an WebOSDoctor that's behind the phone's version.
  3.    #3  
    i put the phone in recovery mode and tried doctor 1.3.5.1 several times, no joy.

WebOS doctor won't recognize that the device is connected.

GOT IT!!! just sat here unplugging and plugging it back in and it got after a few minutes.
    Last edited by aeroblu22; 01/28/2010 at 11:13 AM. Reason: got it!!
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    did you do a full erase from device info and then doctor your phone? also, extra launcher page is probably coming from your palm profile - it stores that and your icon locations, etc
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by moserjj View Post
    did you do a full erase from device info and then doctor your phone? also, extra launcher page is probably coming from your palm profile - it stores that and your icon locations, etc
    no, did not do a full erase. i thought that WebOS Doctor did a full erase before re-writing the OS on?

that's where I thought it (4th launcher page) was coming from, the palm profile. does anyone know if that in itself will screw up the add/remove launcher pages patch?

regardless, just gonna have to wait till the device reboots and go from there.
  6.    #6  
    got the phone doctored, palm profile is back, apps are happily downloading over wifi.

still have four launcher pages, lol. does anyone know if this will screw up the add/remove launcher pages patch? (mostly because i want to go back to just 3 pages)
  7.    #7  
    ok, got the phone back on and running, tried to install the add/remove launcher pages patch through webos quick install, here's the error message i got:

ERROR: An error occured while attemtping to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-enable-add-delete-pages.postinst: line 24: /var/usr/bin/lsdiff: not found
    Error: Cannot find /var/usr/bin/lsdiff
    Palm's profile remembers your page set ups and remembers how many pages you have on your launcher. Even if you get a new phone...It'll know how many pages you had.
    Quote Originally Posted by aeroblu22 View Post
    got the phone doctored, palm profile is back, apps are happily downloading over wifi.

still have four launcher pages, lol. does anyone know if this will screw up the add/remove launcher pages patch? (mostly because i want to go back to just 3 pages)
    From how I understand it. The patches only changes your ability to change the number of pages, not the number of pages itself. So if you add the patch and remove a page, all that it will do is combine one of your launcher pages.
  10.    #10  
    however, how do i get the patch back now to add/delete pages? it keeps giving the error message i posted above. and this is on a twice doctored phone.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    I got a new pre (not refurbished) two weeks ago and I had 10 launcher pages and all app locations restored from the palm profile. Pretty sweet....
  12.    #12  
    however, how do i get the patch back now to add/delete pages? it keeps giving the error message i posted above. and this is on a twice doctored phone.
    bump?
    bump?
    It sounds like you used to have preware installed, right? Install preware again through webosquickinstall and try installing the patch through preware. It should work. I take it before doctoring you updated all your patches via preware when they went to the new way of handling them. Ultimately preware should be able to install that patch. First, however you will need to install lsdiff through preware. If you try and install the add remove pages patch it might prompt you to install that anyway. If not, go to list of everything and type in lsdiff. Hope that helps.
  14.    #14  
    i'll give it a shot this afternoon. thanks.
  15.    #15  
    it worked using preware, thaks bpdamas.
    With the new autopatch tech, you need a new patch: the lsdiff patch. Installing a patch through Preware automatically installs lsdiff.