Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Earlier today I had two patches which were unable to update when preware showed me with 23 different patch updates. They were the virtual keyboard, and the haptic feedback patch for the phone app. Was unable to uninstall those patches (they also were not working) and was getting an error message. Ran EPR, it removed all patches except the Phone app haptic feedback patch. EPR is unable to remove it, and when I try to uninstall it in Preware, I get an error message. The IPKG says the following:

patching file *really long name for the dialpad patch*
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/dialpad-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

below that it says:

Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during pre-remove script execution

Also, I am unable to reinstall the virtual keyboard patch. (and yes I have ran the obsolete keyboard patch fixer)

Preware shows the dialpad patch as being installed, and in need of an update, while WebOS Quick Install does not show any patches or tweaks installed on the phone.

Does anyone have a solution for this, or am I just going to have to back up my data and doctor it back to a stock 1.3.5.1?

*edit* I forgot to mention, that when I originally installed the dialpad patch, it would not install properly, and I received IPKG error. I just went with it though, as nothing else was malfunctioning on the phone. However, now that I lost the virtual keyboard, I'm ****ed! lol

*edit 2* figured just for the hell of it i'd try installing the dialpad haptic feedback patch through WebOS QI instead of preware. installed, restarted luna, it works now. still cannot install the virtual keyboard however.

*edit 3* WebOS Doctor time. after luna restart, my 4th launcher page was gone, and all my apps from the original 3 launcher pages were stacked up like in that german guy's thread a li'l bit down from this one. Glad I already backed up my GBA roms, haha.
    Last edited by aeroblu22; 01/27/2010 at 08:37 AM. Reason: update to situation
    I'm experiencing the same problem with a few patches.
    to all with this problem

go to webos quick install -->tools--> delete file/ directory. click on and select "Directory" type in *really long name for the dialpad patch* --> push delete. do this again with and delete your other file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/dialpad-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

note: use the file names that it give you for your error. not the ones i copied from above. you can't copy and past the file name from webos QI so i type it into Word or write it down.
  4.    #4  
    thank you for that, will do in the future if this happens again. still in the process of trying to doctor the phone. i think part of the reason i fubar'd the the launcher was because i didn't manually delete the 4th launcher page before doing EPR, and then the forced luna restart through WOSQI screwed **** up even more. all totally my own fault, haha.

slightly unrelated to the original topic, but how long does webos doctor sit there saying it's charging the battery? my battery was already over 90% before everything went wrong this morning.

*edit* now webos doctor keeps saying my phone is disconnected even though it's connected...

*edit* connected directly to the USB ports on the motherboard around back on the tower, and it recognized the pre and is installing.
    Last edited by aeroblu22; 01/27/2010 at 09:40 AM.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Before I found this thread, I ran the webos doctor in an attempt to remove five stuck patches. The doctor did not remove these patches. Anyone know why? It's too late for me to try this now, but I will do it soon.

Another question - do I have to remove every single "really long name" in the IPKG log?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Roscoe; 02/09/2010 at 12:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
    Another question - do I have to remove every single "really long name" in the IPKG log?

Thanks.
    yes i believe so. I've only had to do up to 2 long file names with my errors. you could have to do more.

check my signature for more instructions.
    I followed the directions for deleting through Quick Install, but when I finished my phone was jacked. Fortunately, I found the Web OS repair utility, but now I'm back to square one. I can't remove these patches and I have 14. I'm trying to get them off before 1.4 arrives. It seems like epr won't remove them because they're really not there. They appear to be there, but I know the patches aren't actively working on my phone. The procedures alluded to are not visible to me because i have less than 10 posts. I'm wondering what will happen when i upgrade to 1.4. Please help.
    I tried to delete my patches from the directory and nothing am i typing this wrong.
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.phone-enable-dialpad-vibration.postinst: line 24: /var/usr/bin/lsdiff: not found ERROR: Cannot find /var/usr/bin/lsdiff
    Quote Originally Posted by josephonate View Post
    I tried to delete my patches from the directory and nothing am i typing this wrong.
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.phone-enable-dialpad-vibration.postinst: line 24: /var/usr/bin/lsdiff: not found ERROR: Cannot find /var/usr/bin/lsdiff
    have you tired the repair utility? see step #4 here http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...14#post1994414
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I dislike corrupt patches
    I went into Device Info then reset options, I did a Full Erase, then the WebOs Doctor. That removed everything and I mean Everything..lol Good Luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by drewjohn View Post
    to all with this problem

go to webos quick install -->tools--> delete file/ directory. click on and select "Directory" type in *really long name for the dialpad patch* --> push delete. do this again with and delete your other file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/dialpad-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

note: use the file names that it give you for your error. not the ones i copied from above. you can't copy and past the file name from webos QI so i type it into Word or write it down.
    If you are going to suggest deleting files please specify the exact files to remove. People reading this post might delete the dialpad-assistant.jsjsjs $file$ $which$ $will$ $send$ $them$ $to$ $the$ $doctor$.

Also note that no .rej files are actually written out, that is the output from a dry-run which does nothing but outputs as if it were doing the patching.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I have have the same issues with only 3 items. Add date MM/DD/YY, Enable landscape Email and Youtube.. All return errors during update.. did the doctor and all, but trying this on one.. Lets see,, all done.. Will report
    Old
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Well, not yet, maybe I'm typing wrong directory.. is there a way to see into the directory so I can delete..

Old
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Nope, Nope.. No go.. I like to kill these dead apps.. even if I need to go into terminal (program not me).. They just will not delete or update what so ever..

Old
    Quote Originally Posted by oldpapa49 View Post
    I have have the same issues with only 3 items. Add date MM/DD/YY, Enable landscape Email and Youtube.. All return errors during update.. did the doctor and all, but trying this on one.. Lets see,, all done.. Will report
    Old
    If you did the Doctor, you should have followed that up with a Full erase from the device (Note that this will also clear out your USB partition). This should get you back to a clean slate (no patches, themes, etc).
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I did and I think when I signed into palm, it brought it all back, but maybe I did it wrong..

I'm heading home now and if someone respond, I will do it again.. Maybe (I prob did) mess it up..

I'm willing to do it again..

Old
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    All fixed,
    on another post I follwed it but when it failed, I went looking.. but a fail was ok, if I stayed the course to say, It would of been fixed months ago..

Old
    I just ran the EPR to remove all patches-- Most of the patches appear to still be working after the luna restart?!

I am trying a device restart now, to see if it flushes the memory or something.
    Device restart leaves uninstalled patches still apparently installed on my Palm Pre, as they are still appearing e.g. percentage as battery indicator tweak still active. FML.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast