Page 1 of 40 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    I would like to announce the long-awaited release of AUPT! Auto-Update Patch Technology is a major upgrade to the existing patching technology found in all homebrew patches in the webos-patches feed. AUPT is a smarter version of the existing scripts that can better detect when files are already modified by a patch and/or already removed. This will help to allow patches to be installed/removed even after faulty installs, partial or full erases, webos doctors and even OTA updates to new WebOS versions!

All patches in the webos-patches feed have been version-bumped so that all users can update to the new technology. Preware's update-all feature should work smoothly for most cases.

There are some known bumps in Preware's update-all, but no major roadblocks. The known issues and workarounds for them are:

1) It will stop when trying to update a dependent package. The workaround here is to remove patches that depend on another patch or package that has an update. For instance the uscl memos patch depends on universal command line patch. The update all will fail when it gets to these patches, and you can workaround that by removing the uscl memos patch and then re-running update all.

2.) When the "install" part of the remove/install update process for a patch fails, Preware's installed list doesn't refresh automatically so the failed patch still lists on the update screen as installed. You can workaround this by updating feeds or tapping "remove" on the left-over package in Preware.

I ask that everyone please update all of your patches to the new AUPT patches via Preware as soon as is convenient.

NOTE: Once you have AUPT patches installed, you will no longer need to remove all patches prior to an OTA WebOS update. You will no longer be required to run EPR before or after an OTA WebOs update. Simply update your patches that require updating via Preware after an OTA WebOS update.

There is also a new concept of dummy -0 version packages being instilled into the webos-patches feeds. All patches will at least build a -0 dummy package on each version of webos in the feeds. These dummy packages may serve as a placeholder so that when they are ported to the new WebOS version you will see the Update available in Preware. This will be useful to know when a patch has been ported to the new WebOS version after an OTA update without having to check the forums every so often.

All patch installations and removals will now long to /media/internal/webos-patches.log

Up to Date information
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...tch_Technology
    Last edited by egaudet; 02/11/2010 at 09:29 PM.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    cosmoslx likes this.
    We finally got it done! FINALLY! Well you did most of the leg work. But I sure had to test a crapload of times. And the late nights thinking about the logics. And the days we all argued about what was best. Yeah.. all worth it!

Everyone enjoy it!
    dBsooner
    WebOS-Internals Member and Developer
    Donations Appreciated!

Keep up to date with webOS-Patches via Twitter: @dBsooner

Browse Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal - (Trac)
    Submit New Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
    Submit Updated Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
    i love you guys
    Last edited by 063_xobx; 01/26/2010 at 11:25 PM.
    Amazing, thanks for all the hard work!
  5. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Does this explain why Preware is telling me I have 55 package updates available tonight?
    could be maybe you just havent been on it in a while
    EVERY Patch you have installed will show an update. This is by design. For AUPT to work right, you must update ALL your patches.
    dBsooner
    Donations Appreciated!

8. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    could be maybe you just havent been on it in a while

I checked Preware for updates before leaving work about three hours ago and nothing was available. Now there are 55 and all available updates have today (1/26) as the last updated date.

In the process of updating now. Thanks!
    Last edited by mk3; 01/26/2010 at 11:24 PM. Reason: clarifications...
    great job and many thanks
    Thank you all so much for working so hard to make things easier for the rest of us!!!! I'll be making another donation on payday!
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    great job guys updating 33 packages haha
    24 for me
    i love you guys (no homo)
    That was stupid! Why did you feel like you had to say "no homo"? Do you have a problem with gay people? People are so ignorant, I hate when they say that. I don't know what we did to have people insult us like the. Whatever.

ON TO THE TOPIC AT HAND: I'm not sure I understand what this means? But if it's a good thing, AWESOME!!!
    no it was force of habit i did not mean to offend its how i speak normally im editing it out but you have to realize thats part of how young men take it just like when people call each other ******** its not to be taken as an offensive term its just vernacular but again i meant no offense
    Well I have you ALL beat.. 141 total. (That's all you can have installed at one time without having conflicts). Come join our world for a bit. I have installed all these (all 210) about 20 times a piece AT LEAST in the past month or two.

dBsooner
    Donations Appreciated!

thats a few too many for me i like to keep it to a minimum so i can easily isolate anything that goes wrong
    ouch! haha
    Quote Originally Posted by dBsooner View Post
    Well I have you ALL beat.. 141 total. (That's all you can have installed at one time without having conflicts). Come join our world for a bit. I have installed all these (all 210) about 20 times a piece AT LEAST in the past month or two.

anyone else hitting errors with vkb?
    yea i also get the error?
    anyone else hitting errors with vkb?
    53 for me!

Great work Daniel and Eric and the rest of the webos-internals team!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Page 1 of 40 12345611 ... LastLast