Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Cracking job guys - great work!
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    This is awesome, but I must admit I am a little perplexed as to how this works.

Let's say you have three files a, b, and c. A patch has been applied that updates each of these three files with 1.3.5.1. Then 1.4 comes out that just changes files a and b, and leaves c alone.

I run the OTA update to 1.4 which replaces files a and b, but leaves c alone. The way I understand it, just run Preware and update the patches to versions that support 1.4 (or dummies if it is not upgraded yet).

But, what happens if files a, b and c are somehow very crucial to running webOS? What if having c patched somehow messes up the running of webOS and somehow messes with the ability to update patches, etc.?

I know those are a lot of "somehow"s, and I really do trust the webOS Internals guys (otherwise I never would have patched my phone ;-) ), but inquiring minds want to know.
    Yeah, I'm definitely curious about this too. I was surprised that the AUPT changes were in the patches themselves - I expected Preware to manage the whole process. Is there somewhere on the wiki that goes into more detail?
    This is great! I just picked up the Pre Plus 2 days ago and I absolutely love it! I am a convert from a BlackBerry and I find the Pre to be so much more functional. A friend asked me if I would return my Pre Plus if Apple announced and iPhone for VZW at todays event... The answer is NO! I am much more excited about the development that is going on with WebOS than I am with the iPhone. Thanks again!
    Everyone should be forced to watch South Park until they find it hilarious.
    Indeed.

I'm experiencing the same problem as mentioned by a few other people (patches not updating or removing), but I haven't tried WOSQI yet, as I'm at work. I'll let everyone know what happens.
    This is great! Thanks a ton to all the DEVs who spent their time making this happen.

This is especially good timing too, as I'm scheduled to help a friend break their patch "cherry" tonight. haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by roneyii View Post
    55 updated patches.

Well, 54

Hide App Vendeors IPKG Log:

Won't update or uninstall. wejpuH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    See my post #58 on page three of this thread. I had the same issue and found a workaround.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Please post if it works for you or if I just got lucky. Thanks.
    I also had an issue with Hide App Vendors. the solution in post #58 seemed to work for me. I did the following:

1. loaded up webOS QI, uninstalled the patch (even though it was listed under Applications). Note I got some errors while doing this
    2. in webOS QI, reinstall the patch from the repository. Note that I still got some errors
    3. Luna Restart
    4. Opened up Preware, went to "Installed Packages" and uninstalled the Patch one more time. It uninstalled just fine with no errors.

I did not reinstall this patch just yet...I may just leave it off, but it seems like it's back to normal for now.
    a wopping 7 for me lol

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    updating 84 here... thanks by the way WOS Internalz peeps!
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    My "Update All" button still says it does nothing at this time. VERY annoying. This is gonna take forever!
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bstryd View Post
    My "Update All" button still says it does nothing at this time. VERY annoying. This is gonna take forever!
    You either need to update package manager service or preware. then you will be able to use update all feature
    great work guys , thank you

pd: how can i remove the multi scrim patch tru the commando line? someone??? is the only one giving me error , i uninstalled with device management!
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sed51329 View Post
    Woah, chill bro. Don't take things so personally. Just because you (and maybe I) are a certain way, doesn't mean this person meant to offend you.

If we'd all just laugh at everything, the world would be a better place.

Everyone should be forced to watch South Park until they find it hilarious.
    Or family guy...haha
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I guess I have to do that through WebOS Quick Install? Not available from the Pre?
    First of all -- 32 patches updated successfully -- 0 failures. However, I did the updates one by one, but without Luna restarts in between each. Wasn't that much trouble that way with just 32.

Quote Originally Posted by nxg125 View Post
    Yeah, I'm definitely curious about this too. I was surprised that the AUPT changes were in the patches themselves - I expected Preware to manage the whole process. Is there somewhere on the wiki that goes into more detail?
    I had a similar queston. Is the AUPT technology built into the Preware advanced installer or is it coded into the patches themselves? My belief was that it was going to be built into Preware. If so, this was clearly already built in to the last Preware update from last week.

If this assumption is true, my hypothesis is that every patch received a version bump last night in order to require us to Update All and thus 'reinstall' all Preware-managed patches using the AUPT methods. By this hypothesis, I also think that means that each patch was not actually updated with new AUPT code.... Can anyone verify?

The reason this distinction is important is it has implications for non-Preware patching:

• A: 32 of my 'standard' patches are all installed and managed through Preware. No issue there.
    • B: I have 3 others that are 'standard' patches (usually attachments to Patch threads here at Precentral), but these are not yet (maybe not ever for whatever reason) available via Preware, thus these are installed with WebOS QI.
    • C: Finally, 2 particular patches, I have slightly modified to personalize them a bit. Thereby, these are also installed via WebOS QI.

I realize this is also a question for Jason R, but in the case of B & C, the key question is: do the .patch files need to be modified to account for AUPT via WebOS QI? But since AUPT as a standard was developed by WebOS-Internals, I figured I'd pose the Q here as well...

Finally, would WebOS internals consider allowing us to install non-feed-based 'local' patches (from the USB partition) at some point in the future? This would alleviate the need to use WebOS QI for patch installation in the B and C cases.... Just an idea. Love WebOS QI!!! I'd just prefer to manage all from the Pre. Similarly, it would be great to have a local way to Send/Edit/Receive WebOS files from the device.
    Last edited by greenawayj; 01/27/2010 at 09:50 AM.
    Has anyone else had issues updating the Hide App Vendors patch via #preware?
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
    I'd love to be able to dismiss the warning popups when installing/updating/removing patches to make "update all" more seamless.
    Thanx for all the hard work!

Having an issue here. It says there are 5 package updates for me:
    1) battery icon and percent
    2) charachter counter
    3) enable led notifications
    4) swipe to delete videos
    5) unhide dev mode icon

When i try to update any of these packages, nothing happens. It just says downloading/replacing with the big circle spinning. Any suggestions?
    Guys, I too had an issue with one Pre Patch that would not upgrade nor un-install via Preware. In my case it was the Enable Hidden Clock. I ran from my desktop the WOSQI, it too would not let me un-install or at least that was the return message, but low and behold the Patch was gone. This may have to do with that I am still on 2.96 of WOSQI, but I was not able to locate the new 3.0. Maybe it is not released yet!

I re-installed the Patch and everyone is happy.

Thanks for the team behind all this!
    Bjarne Winkler
    ---------------------------------------------------
    ==> Pre: There's a patch for that!
    Yesterday did EPR and now all patches are installing with no errors. Seems to be seamless and fastest way for me. Was getting to many errors and now everything is installing perfect.

Again. Great job and additional donation forthcoming.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    thanks a lot! i was too lazy to install any patch until now, as i didn't want to have to remove every time a webos-upgrade in in the line.
    now i will install some patches and be sure to have a clean upgrade to 1.4 if it comes
    just donated my 5 bucks!
Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast