Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Do you know if Jason's Webos Quickinstall will incorporate this technology? Many of us have created patches that never show up in Preware but would like to see this feature there as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Do you know if Jason's Webos Quickinstall will incorporate this technology? Many of us have created patches that never show up in Preware but would like to see this feature there as well.
    Funny you should ask. His latest twitter status tells so:
    Looks like the cat's out of the bag. Might as well announce it now, WOSQI 3.0 will fully support AUPT!!

from: Twitter / Jason Robitaille: Looks like the cat's out o ...

Enjoy!
    mrwebguy
    It's on now!!
    this is excellent work. Just got back to town, and this is a great present. Had the VKB issue but removed the file via USB and installed without problems. Still have the question about themes, though. My assumption is they will have to be removed before an OS update....correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Had the VKB issue but removed the file via USB and installed without problems.
    Where is the file located in the USB section? I first tried removing it via terminal so maybe it was successful because when I went into USB mode, I could not find any file or path that showed virtual keyboard.

I'm still getting a huge error log file when I try installing. I also tried via WebOS QI but the error log was so large, it went off my screen and I couldn't scroll up or down to see everything, had to reboot my PC.

Anyway....off to work now, will have to wait until tonight.
    I thought I would start with fresh patches...

I ran EPR and it said it removed all the patches, but actually didn't remove any of them.
    I had to doctor my phone to get them to go away. The patches even stayed after a FULL ERASE.
    This is great; just did update all with 23 patches and no problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrognome View Post
    I thought I would start with fresh patches...

I ran EPR and it said it removed all the patches, but actually didn't remove any of them.
    I had to doctor my phone to get them to go away. The patches even stayed after a FULL ERASE.
    I have the same problem & now my phone is saying I have no patches, when I know I have 3, do I try to reinstall?
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Wanted to chime in as well and give a hearty thank you! 48 time!
    Great work! I noticed a new dependency for lsDiff. My guess is that AUPT uses this, but I went and installed that first just to be sure. Then I did the update all and it applied all of my needed patches with no problems. Thanks for the effort you put in for this!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Awesome work!
    Amazing what you guys have accomplished...Will be donating today!!!!!
    I love 2010
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Awesome! I only had 8 updates.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Please post if it works for you or if I just got lucky. Thanks.
    Uninstalled Hide App Vendors via WOSQI, did not reinstall yet.
    Preware no longer shows it in the updates section, however I still seem to have it installed somewhere as my app catalog is still censoring apps.

webOS Developer
    For clarification.. do I still have to remove my theme or is that covered too?
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    I would like to announce the long-awaited release of AUPT!
    I just want to publicly thank Eric, Daniel and the other webos-internals team members for the hundreds of hours of work they have put into AUPT (yes, I would say that the combined effort of everyone involved really does add up to more than a couple of hundred hours of effort).

If you can imagine taking your sole personal phone, doctoring it to an old version, installing 200 patches, waiting for an OTA update, then updating 200 patches, then debugging what went wrong, then starting again and repeating this process over 25 times in the last couple of months, then you may just start to get a feel for what the team has gone through to bring AUPT technology to fruition and release.

Now let's get themes done with the same technology

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Looking at Rod's post answers my question..
    Thanks much for your work so far guys. 1 remove/install much better than 21!
    Having a problem with LANDSCAPE MESSAGING PATCH all updates except for that one went fine. It will not allow me to remove it or update it says error IPKG LOG, IT SAYS ERROR GENERIC METHOD EXCEPTION: FAILURE DURING PRE REMOVE SCRIPT EXECUTION. Any help would be appreciated.....

Also says 1 out of 2 hunks failed-- saving rejects to file/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$.
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/compose-assistant.jsjsjs.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    thanks...this makes life so much simplier....

60 of 102 patches are waiting for updates
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast