Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30353637383940
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    once webos 2.0 comes around, will it be ok to leave patches on the device when u do an ota update?
    There may be a lot of incompatible patches.. I believe you will have to..

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    Is it very hard to fix the bug?

Following is my post at other topic.

"Hi Jason,

Thank you for your hard work.

I used Unified Diff Creator to make a patch, WebOSQuickInstall to install and Preware to remove.

Now I have a issue, app not works after remove because of missing file which was patched. I don't know if you could make a function to backup file before install and reinstall backuped file after remove like windows uninstall function.

Thanks"

Response from Jason

"AUPT is the installation technology that does that patch applying. It does make a backup, however, for 3rd party programs, there's a bug that's existed since day 1 that deletes 3rd party patched files on uninstall. WebOS-Internals are the maintainers of AUPT and the ones you'd need to talk to. "
    Quote Originally Posted by touchpad2010 View Post
    Is it very hard to fix the bug?
    Yes.

We welcome anyone to read the AUPT scripts, understand what they do in the many corner cases of handling multiple overlapping patches as well as OTA updates and user-initiated data erases (which leave the patches in place, but no record of them in Preware), and then assist in working out how to add functionality to cover third-party files that can change even more rapidly due to an app catalog update in the same way as the system files (which only change on OTA events or patch application) are handled.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    ========= the problem =============
    the submission version of /usr/frameworks/*/submission/VERSION/ changes from version to version, even with same version of webos, there're some hacker (or official HP?) build their own doctor files using upgraded (different version of) framework files
    and 2.1.2 is a symlink to 2.1.0, same package generated for 2.1.0 is used for 2.1.2. but framework version stock in webos is different so " - veer" " - VZW" alternative patch is required

========= what i tried =============
    i tried using /usr/framework/*/version/1.0/ in patch file, but
    1. the patch ipk generating system in webos internals will apply the patch on raw doctor files, and then re-generate it from git. version/1.0/ becomes submission/XXX/
    2. i made ipk myself using aupt, or install it with WQI which use aupt on the fly, so /usr/framework/*/version/1.0/ is kept in *.patch to get a success installation. BUT when uninstall, it tends to remove the patched file after reverting it, in prerm
    check_for_ota() {
    then
    echo " Found created file: $file" >> $PATCH_LOG
    created_files="$created_files $file"
    else
    }

for i in $created_files
    do
    echo "Removing created file $i" >> $PATCH_LOG
    rm -f $i
    done

========= solution =============
    this postinst.patch applies to the online version aupt-4
    it will try to find the right version and fix the patch accordingly. so far so good. i can now use framework/contacts/submission/1/ in the patch to generate the ipk and it still applies

UPDATE: fix FILE_LIST to be after path upgrade. support for new file (target does not exists)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by moo.tinys; 12/01/2011 at 10:53 AM.
    Hello, I install AUPT but I can't see any update, any patches what I doing wrong?

I have TouchPad 3.0.5

thank you!
    Last edited by st.tom; 01/23/2012 at 11:07 AM.
    The initial set of webOS 3.0.5 patches (including the new AUSMT functionality) are now released.

For any that are missing, please contact the patch author and ask them to submit an update at webOS-Patches Web Portal

If the author cannot be contacted, please consider yourself submitting an update (the MIT license under which all our patches are released allows for that).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I have many packages applications and patches installed. All of a sudden there is some kind of slowdown on the phone and when it comes back to normal preware does not recognise what packages have been installed although they are there and still working.

This is the second time this has happened. Anybody knows the cause and fix?
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30353637383940