Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    da ding da ding da ding da ding da ding da ding da ding da ding da ding da ding da ding da ding da ding da ding da ding da ding da ding da ding da ding da ding da ding da ding da ding da ding da ding da ding da ding da ding da ding da ding da ding da ding da ding da ding da ding da ding da ding da ding da ding da ding da ding da ding da ding da ding da ding da ding da ding da ding da ding da ding da ding da ding da ding da ding da ding da ding!!!!!1
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Thanks guys. I greatly appreciate all the work you guys put into making my WebOS Pre a joy to own. Many, many, many Thanks!
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    WOOHOO... Thanks preware!! Love preware! (no homo stuff here either!)
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU ERIC G. !!!

I can't believe this day has finally arrived! All went well with my updates on 33 patches. I removed 'MyFlashlight' and 'Doom' because they used backend utilities and I wasn't sure if they would effect anything.

Aaaaaaahhhhh.. Nice to know I can sit back and no longer worry about having my phone unpatchable after every Palm Update for a few days while things get worked out.

YOU ROCK!

Can I assume that patches not installed currently will be ready to go with this new setup or will they need to be installed and re-updated right away??
    does this also update patches installed via quick install even if they are not in preware. Thank you guys this is AWSOME!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1country View Post
    does this also update patches installed via quick install even if they are not in preware. Thank you guys this is AWSOME!!!!!
    No, it will not update patches that are not in Preware.
    dBsooner
    WebOS-Internals Member and Developer
    Donations Appreciated!

Keep up to date with webOS-Patches via Twitter: @dBsooner

Browse Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal - (Trac)
    Submit New Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
    Submit Updated Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
    55 updated patches.

Well, 54

Hide App Vendeors IPKG Log:

Lock
    Nothing interesting.
    Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during pre-remove script execution
    Won't update or uninstall. wejpuH.

webOS Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by roneyii View Post
    55 updated patches.

Well, 54

Hide App Vendeors IPKG Log:

Won't update or uninstall. wejpuH.
    See my post #58 on page three of this thread. I had the same issue and found a workaround.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    See my post #58 on page three of this thread. I had the same issue and found a workaround.
    Thanks. As my cable is on a different floor, I'll do it in the morning.

webOS Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by roneyii View Post
    Thanks. As my cable is on a different floor, I'll do it in the morning.
    Please post if it works for you or if I just got lucky. Thanks.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Thank you!! Appreciate all the great work you guys are doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flush2810 View Post
    yea i also get the error?
    Me, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkCovers View Post
    Thanks a lot, nice work guys!

It was running well on all my patches until it got hung up on multimod.
    I received the "failure during pre-remove script execution" error.
    So I decided to just run EPR.
    It didn't work, multimod is still there and I can't remove or update it.
    For those having errors similar to mine, I figured out how to fix my problem. It may not work for everyone, but it's what worked for me.

Use webos quick install and for each patch that is giving you errors, find it in the online repository in quick install and then install them.

Then load up preware again and you should be able to remove the problematic patches and then just reinstall them in preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by dBsooner View Post
    Yes. In a nutshell. Here is the process:

1) Oh boy! I am on 1.3.5.1 and I have 23 patches installed! WOOHOO! Go Me! I love these things!
    2) WOw! Really?!!? A WebOS Update is here?! COOL! But what about patches?
    3) Just Update WebOS. Don't worry about patches. Update WebOS with patches installed.
    4) After WebOS update is done and you get that "Update complete" screen, fire up Preware.
    5) You will see, "23 Updates". What?! Yes, all 23 of your patches have updates for the new webos version (either a REAL update, or a dummy package because it hadn't been ported yet.). NOTE: If it's a dummy package, it will stay installed to allow it to notify you when it is ported. It will show up as another "Update" when it is ported.
    6) Hit Update All. Yes, that's it. Done. Viola. All Patches updated. No messin around.

Cool?
    Thank you for the simplified dummy explanations. Dummies like me applaud you!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I understand the AUPT and appreciate all the hard work.

But does this mean I need to remove all installed patches?
    awesome work i just have one question what about themes when updating webos?.. i know its minor being only 1 thing to remove for an update compared to 20+... it may be a stupid question but i had to ask
    58 package updates..

can anyone say "phew glad 'update all' no longer says 'this does nothing yet!'"

hahaha

also a quick thought,

after this addition preware seems to have the occasional fatal error where i have to swipe to close. then reload preware. in which case it runs fine the second time or third at most. stupid me its 6am wish i wrote down the popup error message. will remember for next time
    Last edited by pdc3ven; 01/27/2010 at 05:19 AM.
    What about themes? Will they need to be removed?
    themes seem ok, tho i really custom mix and match all of my graphical mods by WebOsQI 'send file'-ing directly to the filesystem.

anyone else input?
    I'm also getting the error when trying to update virtual keyboard. Tried the suggestion about removing it via terminal, did not work. Went into USB mode, don't see any file or directory with virtual keyboard. Also tried installing obsolete virtual keyboard didn't work either.

I have to get ready for work now, so I'll try again when I get home tonight and also provide more details.
Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast