Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637383940 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    I had trouble going to 1.4, but going to 1.4.1 has worked great with AUPT. I've donated heavily, I hope some others do too.
    This is my first time using AUPT since I fubared my phone prior to installing 1.4 and doctored it.

I opened Preware several times between updating to 1.4.1.1 last night at about 8:40pm Central and now, and only now did my 30 patches show updates available even though others have reported success with updating patches shortly after 1.4.1.1 landed. Every other time I checked Preware, there were no new updates available except for a handful of paid apps which I updated through the App Catalog.

Is there something I'm missing about the update process? Not a big deal to wait a day, but I'm just curious as to why I didn't see patch updates when others did much sooner. Not a fan of the unpatched Pre...
    Quote Originally Posted by Disgustoid View Post
    This is my first time using AUPT since I fubared my phone prior to installing 1.4 and doctored it.

I opened Preware several times between updating to 1.4.1.1 last night at about 8:40pm Central and now, and only now did my 30 patches show updates available even though others have reported success with updating patches shortly after 1.4.1.1 landed. Every other time I checked Preware, there were no new updates available except for a handful of paid apps which I updated through the App Catalog.

Is there something I'm missing about the update process? Not a big deal to wait a day, but I'm just curious as to why I didn't see patch updates when others did much sooner. Not a fan of the unpatched Pre...
    Did you use the 'Update Feeds' menu item when you had a stable network connection?

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by Disgustoid View Post

IMHO the process is to be patient and not panic like I did last time lol.

It takes bit of time for the webinternals team and the Devs to make adjustments and modifications after an update.

Fortunately as a result of the hard work put in by Eric Gaudet and Company we now have the protection of the AUPT technology to keep us from running EPR and going crazy before and after each update now.

We get accustomed to our patched phones and panic when there is a change. Like looking at 3x4 icons instead of 4x4 or even 5x4.

So allow some time after an update, then launch Preware and update your patches.

If you do it this way you'll have a good experience.

Juzt play it cool.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Hi All,

After updating to 1.41 (in UK and wanted paid apps, still waiting for the ones I wanted, anyway !) AUPT ran on WebOs Quick Install. Failed on three patches;

1) Brightnes in device menu
    2) SMS tones per contact
    3) Named pages in App Launcher

None can be updated or removed in either preware or webos quick install. Other posts suggest two things;

1) Even running EPR and then re-installing all (I have over 50 installed) may not work for the ones that failed AUPT

2) Named pages can be fixed by removing any other patches that affect the app launcher pages, e.g. add/delete pages etc. Not sure if the same applies to other two patches.

Is there any other way round so I don't have to EPR (Which isn't guaranteed anyway) or worse still webos doctor (not sure if that's out for 1.41 anyway so would have to do it to 1.4 and then update to 1.41 presumabley)

Any help or comments greatly appreciated.

AUPT seems a like a brilliant idea, just not working for all patches.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I updated to 1.4.1.1 and after restarting a bunch of weird **** happened. I opened up PreWare and it updated everything (except MultiMod which failed). I restarted my phone and all of my apps were gone.

It was like my Pre was stock again with just the default apps. Then while I was browsing through my launcher pages all of my apps started to appear/load but all on the front page.

After reorganizing them I opened up WebOSQI and reinstalled a couple of my own patches. My phone reset and looked fine, but when I went to Preware it said I had no patches installed.

Let me be clear, all of my patches are installed and I can see the effects of them, but none of them are listed as being installed in Preware. It's weird.

If I install a patch and reset my phone it stays active and will show up in Preware, but I don't even remember all of the patches I had installed.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    All my patches updated ok except:

Multi Mod (for the browser)
    No Auto-Off While Charging

I also get errors trying to remove them.

The "update all" function still fails when it hits the first error. It would be nice if it would go through and finish everything it could. As soon as the first item in the list fails, you essentially have to manually update every remaining item, even if they are fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawt View Post
    I updated to 1.4.1.1 and after restarting a bunch of weird **** happened. I opened up PreWare and it updated everything (except MultiMod which failed). I restarted my phone and all of my apps were gone.

It was like my Pre was stock again with just the default apps. Then while I was browsing through my launcher pages all of my apps started to appear/load but all on the front page.

After reorganizing them I opened up WebOSQI and reinstalled a couple of my own patches. My phone reset and looked fine, but when I went to Preware it said I had no patches installed.

Let me be clear, all of my patches are installed and I can see the effects of them, but none of them are listed as being installed in Preware. It's weird.

If I install a patch and reset my phone it stays active and will show up in Preware, but I don't even remember all of the patches I had installed.
    Run the Emergency Reconstruction Utility.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Ok, please someone help me! i am new and most will just blow me off as ******** but seriously how do you install/download...etc Auto-Update Patch Technology!!!???
    Quote Originally Posted by imsuprmn View Post
    Ok, please someone help me! i am new and most will just blow me off as ******** but seriously how do you install/download...etc Auto-Update Patch Technology!!!???
    AUPT are the installation scripts built in each patch package, so all you need is to install Preware and the Package Manager service.

See this excellent guide they've put together: Preware

Also, the same is true if you use Jason's WebOS QuickInstall with the only difference being if you're installing .patch files...In which case, the scripts are simply downloaded when the patch is being installed.

More info on WOSQI can be found in the Canuck forum: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-software/

I hope that helps.

Hello all...first post...hope it is not too stupid/basic. Murphys Law....my phone auto updated to OS 1.4.1 over the weekend when I was out of town and I didnt remove all my patches and theme prior to the unanounced auto update. Almost all the patches have auto updates and work fine. However Preware will no longer load all the way. And I tried to reset my theme....(the update evidently automatically reverted it to default theme...yay. I tied to reinstall the IPhone Black theme via USB as before and I get an error message that says something like...."Themer is disabled until themer application gets some kind of update for the themer" which it cant do.

Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by dtichanski View Post
    Hello all...first post...hope it is not too stupid/basic. Murphys Law....my phone auto updated to OS 1.4.1 over the weekend when I was out of town and I didnt remove all my patches and theme prior to the unanounced auto update. Almost all the patches have auto updates and work fine. However Preware will no longer load all the way. And I tried to reset my theme....(the update evidently automatically reverted it to default theme...yay. I tied to reinstall the IPhone Black theme via USB as before and I get an error message that says something like...."Themer is disabled until themer application gets some kind of update for the themer" which it cant do.

Any suggestions?
    Upgrade to Preware 0.9.33 or later.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Upgrade to Preware 0.9.33 or later.

-- Rod
    Im using Preware 9.4
    Quote Originally Posted by dtichanski View Post
    Im using Preware 9.4
    Preware 0.9.4 is 29 revisions too old. Where on http://install.preware.org does it point to such an old version? What instructions are you following to install Preware?

-- Rod
    Preware 0.9.4 is 29 revisions too old. Where on http://install.preware.org does it point to such an old version? What instructions are you following to install Preware?

-- Rod
    That was very gentle, Rod! I would have said, "Why don't you update your programs more than once a month?"
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    That was very gentle, Rod! I would have said, "Why don't you update your programs more than once a month?"
    Well, it's not his fault that bloggers and article writers always copy instructions instead of linking to them, and never update their articles.

I just want to find out where 0.9.4 is coming from, so I can try and get it removed.

-- Rod
    OK. So do I have to uninstall the old preware version and reinstall the update? And how do I do that?
    My eyes are glazing over from searching through this thread, so please forgive me if this is a FAQ already:

Is there a known issue with AUPT (or Preware or WOSQI) involving patches that create new files?

I've been getting constant complaints about my patch being impossible to remove, which apparently requires some manual shell commands to fix:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2359644

Since I still use quilt / diff / patch to manage all my own patches, I never see these errors and am never sure what to tell anyone with regards to a fix.

Thanks!
    l.m.orchard
    {web,mad,computer} scientist
    http://decafbad.com/
    Well, it's not his fault that bloggers and article writers always copy instructions instead of linking to them, and never update their articles.

I just want to find out where 0.9.4 is coming from, so I can try and get it removed.

-- Rod
    Well....Ive managed to uninstall and reinstall preware and seem to be up and running again. Not sure where I got that version. I had installed several months ago. Thanks for your patient input.
    Hi I was just wondering if somebody could send me instructions on how to do this all as I am new. Thanks

shofearmi@yahoo.com