Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2631323334353637383940 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post

There are some known bumps in Preware's update-all, but no major roadblocks. The known issues and workarounds for them are:

2.) When the "install" part of the remove/install update process for a patch fails, Preware's installed list doesn't refresh automatically so the failed patch still lists on the update screen as installed. You can workaround this by updating feeds or tapping "remove" on the left-over package in Preware.

I ask that everyone please update all of your patches to the new AUPT patches via Preware as soon as is convenient.

NOTE: Once you have AUPT patches installed, you will no longer need to remove all patches prior to an OTA WebOS update. You will no longer be required to run EPR before or after an OTA WebOs update. Simply update your patches that require updating via Preware after an OTA WebOS update.

There is also a new concept of dummy -0 version packages being instilled into the webos-patches feeds. All patches will at least build a -0 dummy package on each version of webos in the feeds. These dummy packages may serve as a placeholder so that when they are ported to the new WebOS version you will see the Update available in Preware. This will be useful to know when a patch has been ported to the new WebOS version after an OTA update without having to check the forums every so often.

All patch installations and removals will now long to /media/internal/webos-patches.log
    Egaudet - I have 5 patches that won't update or remove. They seem to be just stuck on my pre which was not issue until after the webOSquickInstall update to 3.0.2 which when I choose tweaks will not let me download any without updating to the 1.4 versions of my patches. These 5 patches won't update and won't remove with either preware or WOSQI and now I am stuck in a WOSQI loop. I have even run EPR 4 times and that doesn't help. I contacted Rod and he said I should post my patches log file in this thread so here it is; (I apologize for the size, but Rod said you might want to see the entire history) - Sorry for the long post - attaching the log in a zip file. It was very late (early) when I posted.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by freepre; 03/02/2010 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Eric asked me to attach the log file as a zip
  2.    #702  
    Please edit the post to not include the entire contents of that log file. Host the log file somewhere like omploader.org or attach it as a .zip to your post.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Wow that has got to be a record for the longest single post ever in a forum.
    Eric,

Sorry to bother you with this. I keep trying to delete my post #708 that I edited and attached the log in post #709 but it keep appearing and I feel horrible about it. Is there a trick?

Basically the 5 patches that I can't remove or update are:

1. Battery Percent and Icon White
    2. Disable charging alert sound
    3. gesture tab for info and delete
    4. limited emergency button
    5. sms tone per contact

Thanks for your time and I will keep trying to get rid of my monster post.
  5.    #705  
    Quote Originally Posted by freepre View Post
    Egaudet - I have 5 patches that won't update or remove. They seem to be just stuck on my pre which was not issue until after the webOSquickInstall update to 3.0.2 which when I choose tweaks will not let me download any without updating to the 1.4 versions of my patches. These 5 patches won't update and won't remove with either preware or WOSQI and now I am stuck in a WOSQI loop. I have even run EPR 4 times and that doesn't help. I contacted Rod and he said I should post my patches log file in this thread so here it is; (I apologize for the size, but Rod said you might want to see the entire history) - Sorry for the long post - attaching the log in a zip file. It was very late (early) when I posted.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP
    Those patches are not installed with AUPT because there is nothing in the log that has a removal failure. Run EPR, and then partial erase to wipe app data.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    I have been wiped clean - lost my text messages but slowly put the patches back together. It seems to have fixed the hanging patches. Thank you.
    Ok, i'm still new to this patch thing... how do i get the AUPT???
  8. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TapoutBeast View Post
    Ok, i'm still new to this patch thing... how do i get the AUPT???
    There's nothing to specifically install. Just install a patch and you should be all set. I believe all patches have been updated to meet the new standard already, although I'm sure someone will post back to let me know if I'm mistaken, and there's a few patches that haven't been updated yet.
    So this AUPT... its not to help put your patches back on after an update?
  10. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    So this AUPT... its not to help put your patches back on after an update?
    It is....Search for AUPT, and you should find the many threads that explain this in great detail. In short, however, the patches have this ability coded into themselves already, and, when you load up Preware (and update your feeds if you don't have that set by default), Preware will identify what patches you had installed, and present you with the option to update/re-install them accordingly.
    I tried looking for aupt in preware and got nothing back
  12. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    I tried looking for aupt in preware and got nothing back
    I meant search for AUPT on the Precentral website .....Please just go ahead and install whatever patches you're interested in...There's nothing else to install - period....After the update, launch Preware and you'll see if there are any patches you need to update/reinstall....It's that simple
    Any status on the 1.4.1 update?
    I assume AUPT will handle the patches as it did with the 1.4 update. The one patch I am concerned about is the "change-user-agent" binary patch installed via the Linux command line in WebOSQI. Does anyone know whether AUPT will also handle this patch?
    @jstutz the only reason I ask is a few people reported major issues in the official threads, and since I work tomorrow, I don't have all night to fiddle with the patches. XD
    you have to remove and install the patches after the update, after that they work like a charm, it just takes a lot of time, maybe a version refresh from the patch authors and an update through preware would fix that issue
    I just ran EPR. Figured it's just as easy. XD
    Ran all the updates this morning, AUPT updated all patches except "No Alert During Call" - it says patch is available but I get IPKG errors trying to update or uninstall.
    Last edited by Trekker; 04/01/2010 at 05:19 AM.
    I "updated all" for about 30 of my patches (about half), but then it ran into Browser Multimod and errored. I tried removing it to continue with the update all, but I got another IPKG Error when removing it.

Now I feel like I'm stuck with it until I EPR- and with all these patches, I hate having to do that.

How do I remove a patch that can't be removed? I ran the Emergency Patch Installer and it failed... and I also ran the Emergency File Verification. Restarted the device, and still no getting around Browser MultiMod.

Any thoughts?

-Beckerxc
    Yeah, I ended up running EPR to fix a bugged patch. Had to do the same thing last update. AUPT worked fine but in each instance there was one stubborn patch that I couldn't update or uninstall so I had to use EPR to fix.

It would be nice if EPR was updated to allow a "selective" EPR per patch instead of all of them. That way, we could use AUPT first and if any we have any problems, we could then run EPR on just the problem patch(es).