Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 212627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    Looks the same as the other aupt-2 related issues where the created file(s) were removed but webos files weren't unpatched. Remove any patch that touches that category (i.e. phone app in your case) and then use repair utility to repair those files that it is complaining about. Then install.
    I removed the three other patches in the phone category, then did a luna restart, then ran the Emergency Reconstruction utility. I then reinstalled all the patches and when I tried to install the No alert during call patch I got the same IPKG error that I posted before.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  2.    #602  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    I removed the three other patches in the phone category, then did a luna restart, then ran the Emergency Reconstruction utility. I then reinstalled all the patches and when I tried to install the No alert during call patch I got the same IPKG error that I posted before.
    Emergency Reconstruction Utility isn't going to do anything for you.

Jason's Repair Utility is what I was referring to.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Emergency Reconstruction Utility isn't going to do anything for you.

Jason's Repair Utility is what I was referring to.
    Ahh! That's my problem, I don't have a computer to run WEBOSQI or Jason's Repair Utility on right now. Is there any other way I might be able to repair it?

does this patch apply to leaving themes installed also?
    Quote Originally Posted by hotshotjosh21 View Post
    does this patch apply to leaving themes installed also?
    No, themes must be removed.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    were can i download this app/package?... for some reason i can't find it on preware at all... or is it built-in to preware?
    Last edited by osofast10; 02/24/2010 at 11:17 AM.
    Sorry if this has been dealt with but I would appreciate a comment. I am on Bell Mobility in Canada and I have installed the Custom Carrier String patch via WOSQI using a .patch file. Is this also covered by AUPT and therefore not required to be uninstalled prior to the 1.4 update?
    Quote Originally Posted by osofast10 View Post
    were can i download this app/package?... for some reason i can't find it on preware at all... or is it built-in to preware?
    If you mean Jason's Repair Utility you could try search, but you can go here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...r-utility.html

If you mean Jason's Repair Utility you could try search, but you can go here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...r-utility.html

no i mean the AUPT or is that built-into preware?
  10. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    AUPT technology is built directly into Preware. So long as you have updated all feeds, and Preware indicates that none of your patches, you should be up to date with the latest AUTP 1.4 patches. You can also check this manually by plugging the phone in and entering the USB drive, but having Preware updated and checking itself is probably easier....
    If all of your patches are up to date, then they have been upgraded to AUPT-3.

If all of your patches are up to date, then they have been upgraded to AUPT-3.
    some (minor) clarifications.... (mainly for the newbies)

If all of your patches are up to date (and all of your patches are available in the Preware feeds), then they have been upgraded to AUPT-3. (even if you initially installed them from the feeds using WebOS Quick Install)

If you have installed any patches with WebOS Quickinstall (which were not from the feeds -- see next paragraph), then you need to reinstall those patches again using WebOS QI v3.01 or higher.

This situation will generally only occur if you have installed a .patch file with WebOS QI which you had downloaded directly as an attachment to a forum thread or from another user. Sometimes these patches are not uploaded to become part of the WebOS-Internals feeds therefore they had not been updated to AUPT-3 technology.
  13.    #613  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Sometimes these patches are not uploaded to become part of the WebOS-Internals feeds therefore they had not been updated to AUPT-3 technology.
    As I understand it, QI 3.01 pulls the AUPT scripts from the webos-internals server and thus should be always up to date with the latest AUPT releases as well.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    @Eric, Is there a way I can remove that last patch we discussed yesterday with terminal maybe, since my computer is down? THANKS!

This situation will generally only occur if you have installed a .patch file with WebOS QI which you had downloaded directly as an attachment to a forum thread or from another user. Sometimes these patches are not uploaded to become part of the WebOS-Internals feeds therefore they had not been updated to AUPT-3 technology.
    Further clarification...I hope this isn't way out of line...

It would probably be better to say that patches downloaded from the forum and installed via WebOS Quick Install may not have been installed using the AUPT-3 technology.

The patches themselves are not updated(just the installation method), so you can always check the .webosinternals.patches.packages file located on the media drive, if there's any doubt all your patches have been installed using AUPT-3.

Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    It would probably be better to say that patches downloaded from the forum and installed via WebOS Quick Install may not have been installed using the AUPT-3 technology.
    For even more clarification, the only situation where they wouldn't be under AUPT-3 (or AUPT-1), if if they were installed during the short period of time AUPT-2 was active.

I've posted this elsewhere, but if you find you have a .patch file was installed via WOSQI under AUPT-2, simply uninstall it, then re-install it and the problem will be solved, and you'll be under AUPT-3
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    For even more clarification, the only situation where they wouldn't be under AUPT-3 (or AUPT-1), if if they were installed during the short period of time AUPT-2 was active.

I've posted this elsewhere, but if you find you have a .patch file was installed via WOSQI under AUPT-2, simply uninstall it, then re-install it and the problem will be solved, and you'll be under AUPT-3
    Thanks Jason and X (certainly don't be concerned about being out of line when it comes to this stuff -- we all need to be collaborative to make sure the messages others will rely on is 100% correct!)

I think between Jason's home page post and this series of posts, we'll either have everyone totally understanding or completely confused. Hopefully it's the former.

Jason -- one quick comment on your final clarification if I may...

Personally, I know I have a few personalized patches (.patch files I either downloaded from a post or downloaded and then edited slightly) which I installed with WebOS QI 2.96 and have not bothered YET to remove and reinstall with WebOS QI 3.01+. Since AUPT wasn't implemented until your 3.x series in WebOS QI, these patches are not pre-AUPT-1 and therefore should be removed / reinstalled before the 1.4 OTA update. In looking at my .webosinternals.patches.packages file, I do not see my non-feed-based pre-AUPT WebOS QI (2.96) installed patches (not even as AUPT-0). Will they appear in this list once I update them using WebOS QI 3.02 or is this file just for feed-based patches?

Clearly, I'm delinquent in addressing these types of non-feed patches which have been on my phone since pre-AUPT. However, since I'm fairly certain I'm not the only one, I figured I'd mention it here. I'm such a procrastinator... can you remind me again, when 1.4 will drop? jk ;-)

Anyway, I believe this would be the final confusion creating use-case which was not properly covered is this series of 6 or 8 posts by the 5 of us.
    Last edited by greenawayj; 02/24/2010 at 03:28 PM.
    As I understand it, QI 3.01 pulls the AUPT scripts from the webos-internals server and thus should be always up to date with the latest AUPT releases as well.
    Thanks Eric. I should have clarified (and I just did one post above) that I'm referring to patches that were initially installed with WebOS QI 2.96 a while ago and not updated since then. (and since these don't trigger feed-based updates driven by the a version increment, people like me just need to remember to use QI 3.01+ to remove and reinstall thost 'manual' patches before the 1.4 OTA update hits.

I had no intention of suggesting that if these 'manual' patches were installed with at least QI 3.01, they wouldn't be ready to go. (As Jason pointed out, only those during the brief AUPT-2 period might be impacted)
    Thanks Jason and X (certainly don't be concerned about being out of line when it comes to this stuff -- we all need to be collaborative to make sure the messages others will rely on is 100% correct!)

I think between Jason's home page post and this series of posts, we'll either have everyone totally understanding or completely confused. Hopefully it's the former.

Jason -- one quick comment on your final clarification if I may...

Personally, I know I have a few personalized patches (.patch files I either downloaded from a post or downloaded and then edited slightly) which I installed with WebOS QI 2.96 and have not bothered YET to remove and reinstall with WebOS QI 3.01+. Since AUPT wasn't implemented until your 3.x series in WebOS QI, these patches are not pre-AUPT-1 and therefore should be removed / reinstalled before the 1.4 OTA update. In looking at my .webosinternals.patches.packages file, I do not see my non-feed-based pre-AUPT WebOS QI (2.96) installed patches (not even as AUPT-0). Will they appear in this list once I update them using WebOS QI 3.02 or is this file just for feed-based patches?

Clearly, I'm delinquent in addressing these types of non-feed patches which have been on my phone since pre-AUPT. However, since I'm fairly certain I'm not the only one, I figured I'd mention it here. I'm such a procrastinator... can you remind me again, when 1.4 will drop? jk ;-)

Anyway, I believe this would be the final confusion creating use-case which was not properly covered is this series of 6 or 8 posts by the 5 of us.
    I have the same situation - 3 custom patches installed via wosqi 2.96. I do plan to just remove these with 2.96 before applying 1.4 and reinstall with wosqi 3.01 after the update. Is this necessary?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    I have the same situation - 3 custom patches installed via wosqi 2.96. I do plan to just remove these with 2.96 before applying 1.4 and reinstall with wosqi 3.01 after the update. Is this necessary?
    I would say yes, you'll have to at least remove those patches before the OTA udpate.

My approach will be to remove / reinstall these types of patches tonight so that I can validate that these personalized AUPT-3 patches survive the update as well as the feed-based patches. It's a somewhat different scenario worth testing for me (though clearly, the AUPT developers did include this scenario of non-feed-based patches installed via QI.

Clearly, if the 1.4 update overwrites any of the patched files, then we're in a little different boat than feed-based patches -- If 1.4 breaks personalized patches, there will be no placeholder patch put in place awaiting update in Preware. We'll have to wait for the patch devs to update the .patch files for us to (mod if needed) and reinstall.