Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    OMG ON MY WAY TO CHECK OUT PREWARE!!! This is better than webos 1.4 news!! Thanks dbsooner egaudet rwhitby and the rest of the team of webos internalz I will be donating!! Let me wake up my wife..haha she will b happy!
    Last edited by dBsooner; 01/26/2010 at 11:59 PM. Reason: spelled my name :)
  2.    #42  
    Now just so everyone knows. Patches are a very very difficult beast, so this isn't going to be perfect. Rare situations may arise now or in the future where certain patches being updated together cause incompatible removal behavior, so EPR will still be available for it's originally intended purpose: Emergency Patch Recovery.

So if there are any sticky issues with updating the patches, in the first ever huge massive update all frenzy, EPR 2.1.0 may be requirement to get to a "clean" slate.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    so i cant remove nor update personal avatar left side, any help?
    super cool!
    i cant remove or update 5 patches...give me that failure during pre-remove script execution....

i even tried EPR and still cant remove:

UPdate: EPR did take em out but they still show as updates

the ones that i cant take out are:
    1. Call Block/Rejector
    2. Call History During call
    3. Character Counter
    4. Force Send offline
    5. Match State to Area Code
    Last edited by maxima2k53; 01/26/2010 at 11:59 PM.
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

6.    #46  
    I've updated the first post, forgot to mention dummy package placeholders:

There is also a new concept of dummy -0 version packages being instilled into the webos-patches feeds. All patches will at least build a -0 dummy package on each version of webos in the feeds. These dummy packages may serve as a placeholder so that when they are ported to the new WebOS version you will see the Update available in Preware. This will be useful to know when a patch has been ported to the new WebOS version after an OTA update without having to check the forums every so often.

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Thanks for all of your hard work guys!!!
    OK! (41 times!)

Thank you!

- Craig
    +1000 you guys are awesome!
    Thanks a lot, nice work guys!

It was running well on all my patches until it got hung up on multimod.
    I received the "failure during pre-remove script execution" error.
    So I decided to just run EPR.
    It didn't work, multimod is still there and I can't remove or update it.
    Awesome, though hitting the "Okay" button to confirm the scripts 30 times is a tiny bit of a pain.
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    i cant remove or update 5 patches...give me that failure during pre-remove script execution....

i even tried EPR and still cant remove:

UPdate: EPR did take em out but they still show as updates

the ones that i cant take out are:
    1. Call Block/Rejector
    2. Call History During call
    3. Character Counter
    4. Force Send offline
    5. Match State to Area Code
    do a partial erase to remove all package data if you don't have a ton of apps or remove them via the command line. (come to #webos-internals on freenode for command line help)

and then re-install them, the AUPT patches will be installed which are smart enough to know whether they are already applied to the OS.

-Eric G

Donate
    Thanks to all the devs involved!!

57 for me!
    I have 3 patches that won't update or uninstall:

Virtual Keyboard (says md5sum : can't open '/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.72/templates/kbselector/char-ls.html.webosinternals.orig' and then 5 others although the file is different)

Hide App Vendors
    Hunk #1 Failed at 1579

Command Line
    /media/crytofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinterals.patches.universal-search-command-line/universal-search-command-line.patch: No such file or directory exists

Any help?
  15.    #55  
    Anyone running into sticky issues, if you were ever thinking of doctoring/erasing now would be a good time. Ensuring you are starting with a fresh OS root file system for AUPT patching. Doctor doesn't take too long and doesn't erase your /media partition anymore. If you want to avoid it though please come to #webos-internals channel on freenode for better help with the transition for some of the rare odd issues you encounter.

-Eric G

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    do a partial erase to remove all package data if you don't have a ton of apps or remove them via the command line. (come to #webos-internals on freenode for command line help)

and then re-install them, the AUPT patches will be installed which are smart enough to know whether they are already applied to the OS.
    im already on webos-internals
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I love owning the Pre these days. It just keeps getting better and better
    FWIW, I used WOSQI to remove and reinstall the patch I was having issues with (Hide App Vendors). While I got the IPKG errors both upon removing and reinstalling the patch, it was, in fact, removed and reinstalled. I then reset Luna, reopened Preware, and there was the updated version of this patch, installed and working. I realize visiting the Dr. and starting with a clean platform is best practice, but for those who just want to get through the updates (it's late on this continent) this fix should work (at least for now), assuming the devs approve.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    49 times OK! woo hoo
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

whoa this is huge!!!

NOTE: if anyone is having trouble installing the virtual keyboard. just remove the "virtual-keyboard" file from your Pre via USB. Then start Preware and download the VK patch. that worked for me.
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast