Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by zepolant View Post
    Just a quick question. I removed the virtual keyboard ages ago. However after running EFV I get the error that there are some files left. It is no longer installed on my phone. I tried to re-install (and used the file to clean up previous files that is in Preware) and I still get the error. Looking through my Pre the files that are there are "themes" (basically PNG images of the keyboard). Can I simply just delete this from my Pre? I've run the repair utility and that did nothing. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Yes! Just delete the VKB folder and then you should be able to reinstall. Worked for me twice. It wouldn't hurt to run the VKB clean-up utiliy also. It's in Preware under Available Other > Linux applications.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Yes! Just delete the VKB folder and then you should be able to reinstall. Worked for me twice. It wouldn't hurt to run the VKB clean-up utiliy also. It's in Preware under Available Other > Linux applications.
    I can't delete the VK at all. See the Folder in my Pre and deinstalled long ago. Just deleting doesn't work. Says I don't have the rights...
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

Gone. Thanks a bunch!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmonday73 View Post
    I can't delete the VK at all. See the Folder in my Pre and deinstalled long ago. Just deleting doesn't work. Says I don't have the rights...
    The Virtual Keyboard makes it's own folder which you can access via USB mode. Right click and delete. I've done it twice and I know many others have done this as well which is how I found out how to do it.

The Virtual Keyboard makes it's own folder which you can access via USB mode. Right click and delete. I've done it twice and I know many others have done this as well which is how I found out how to do it.
    I tried to do exactly that, but it denied to delete...

I get a failure message "000 cannot be deleted. Path not available"...the folder is write protected and I can't change this as well...

Can someone help? I renamed the folder, but doesn't help as well. If I want to reinstall VK it says it is already installed and I should look into the log...that's far beyond my knowledge
    Last edited by Blackmonday73; 02/20/2010 at 04:49 PM. Reason: update

I get a failure message "000 cannot be deleted. Path not available"...the folder is write protected and I can't change this as well...

Can someone help? I renamed the folder, but doesn't help as well. If I want to reinstall VK it says it is already installed and I should look into the log...that's far beyond my knowledge
    I'm sorry it didn't work for you. Do you have a Pre or a Pre Plus? Maybe they are set up differently. Did you try the VKB Clean-up utility in Preware?

I'm sorry it didn't work for you. Do you have a Pre or a Pre Plus? Maybe they are set up differently. Did you try the VKB Clean-up utility in Preware?
    I have the Pre. Used VKB Clean-up, too.

Try to Right click the folder, Select Properties and then unselect read only.

If there are additional folders in the VKB folders try to delete them first then you should be able to delete the VKB folder itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Try to Right click the folder, Select Properties and then unselect read only.

If there are additional folders in the VKB folders try to delete them first then you should be able to delete the VKB folder itself.
    Done this too. Went to properties changed to disable write protection, but it still doesn't allow me to delelete. Can there be somewhere else VKB folders which might prevent me from deleting them?
    Did you try to delete all of the contents of the folder then the folder itself?
    Done this too. Went to properties changed to disable write protection, but it still doesn't allow me to delelete. Can there be somewhere else VKB folders which might prevent me from deleting them?
    Sounds like it might be a symptom of the computer you are using. I'm fairly certain if you try it on a system running XP or earlier you should be ok. Try a different computer.

Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Did you try to delete all of the contents of the folder then the folder itself?
    I tried first the folder itself, then the content. Both didn't work. Always get "000 cannot be found". The Pre also doesn't see VK. When I am on QuickInstall it does't see VK as well

I use XP.
    I tried first the folder itself, then the content. Both didn't work. Always get "000 cannot be found". The Pre also doesn't see VK. When I am on QuickInstall it does't see VK as well

I use XP.
    If it's possible I would try it on a different computer, just to see.

14. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts

I use XP.
    Try clicking on refresh in Windows Explorer when you navigate to the root folder on the Pre when it's connected to your PC. Perhaps the folder is no longer on the Pre, but Windows XP is still seeing it, and refreshing might take care of it. I'm not sure it'll work, but I guess it's worth a shot at this point....
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    Try clicking on refresh in Windows Explorer when you navigate to the root folder on the Pre when it's connected to your PC. Perhaps the folder is no longer on the Pre, but Windows XP is still seeing it, and refreshing might take care of it. I'm not sure it'll work, but I guess it's worth a shot at this point....
    I have the issue. It is one file from the Russian keyboard I found here. It is "000", no file type. I can't rename it, but it has approx 800 kb. How can I change and delete it?

Thanks
  16. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    I have the issue. It is one file from the Russian keyboard I found here. It is "000", no file type. I can't rename it, but it has approx 800 kb. How can I change and delete it?

Thanks
    So it sounds like you can't delete VK because the Russian Keyboard is using it then? Then can you just delete the Russian Keyboard first?
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    When the last group of updates came, I selected update all, and upon restart my phone did a partial restart. Also for quite some time now, I am missing launcher pages, and some apps. Sometimes the emergency restructure would do it. BTW after that restart and the full restart I did today, all my patches were working, but not seen in preware. I had to use WEBOS Doctor to get the patches to go away (even though most were reinstalled). Even with a fresh install, it is doing it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    So it sounds like you can't delete VK because the Russian Keyboard is using it then? Then can you just delete the Russian Keyboard first?
    Doesn't work to delete it first. Won't let me delete the single file. Any ideas? Thanks
  19. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Doesn't work to delete it first. Won't let me delete the single file. Any ideas? Thanks
    I meant to indicate to delete the entire Russian Keyboard first (not just that specific file), but since I'm not familiar with how that keyboard is installed, I'm not sure how to direct you. If it installs via Preware, I would think you could delete it that way too? Your best bet might be to contact Eric Gaudet (http://forums.precentral.net/members/egaudet.html) directly. He created the Virtual Keyboard application, and always seems ready and able to help anyone needing assistance. He might be your best bet, and will be infinitely more familiar with Virtual Keyboard problems than I am.
    I'd like to hear from someone more "in the know" on this thread on Pre-Central.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ore-1-4-a.html

Any cause for alarm, or is this much ado about nothing?