Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    Please email me your entire webos-patches.log file: emoney_33@yahoo.com
    Did anything ever come out of this? I am asking because I am having the exact same problems as mjkjr. I never used anything except for Preware (after installing it once via WQI when I was still on 1.1.3). It is a German Pre, might this have something to with it?

Do you still need something emailed to you? I can provide you with more information if required.

Either way, thanks a lot for your efforts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Prevangelist View Post
    Did anything ever come out of this? I am asking because I am having the exact same problems as mjkjr. I never used anything except for Preware (after installing it once via WQI when I was still on 1.1.3). It is a German Pre, might this have something to with it?

Do you still need something emailed to you? I can provide you with more information if required.

Either way, thanks a lot for your efforts!
    Not yet, but that entire webos-patches.log file was VERY long so I'm sure there's a lot to look through, plus I know he's a very busy person.

Does it happen to be the same patch?
    Last edited by mjkjr; 02/18/2010 at 03:46 PM.
  3.    #543  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Can I do this with the others that came up in EFV?
    Not always, that's why there's so much information in the webos-patches.log. Don't just go and remove package data though unless you know for sure that it's OK.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
  4.    #544  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Not yet, but that entire webos-patches.log file was VERY long so I'm sure there's a lot to look through, plus I know he's a very busy person.

Does it happen to be the same patch?
    I replied to your email, the paste of the file was incomplete.

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Not always, that's why there's so much information in the webos-patches.log. Don't just go and remove package data though unless you know for sure that it's OK.
    Ok I'll deal with them individually then. Thanks again!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    I replied to your email, the paste of the file was incomplete.
    Resending as attachment now that I'm at home and not blocked from doing so.
    Last edited by mjkjr; 02/18/2010 at 05:27 PM.
  7.    #547  
    Resending as attachment now that I'm at home and not blocked from doing so.
    ahhah... it was because of the aupt-2 bug, that errantly saw the files were OTA'd so it removed the created files and left the others alone when it was removed.

Send these 2 files over to your device (via QI or however else you want) then it should install fine.
    Attached Files Attached Files

-Eric G

Donate
    ahhah... it was because of the aupt-2 bug, that errantly saw the files were OTA'd so it removed the created files and left the others alone when it was removed.

Send these 2 files over to your device (via QI or however else you want) then it should install fine.
    Wow, simply unbelievable, you are the king. I'm going to give it a shot. I unzipped the file and see the directory listed out usr> palm> applications> com.palm.app.browser> app> then 2 files "controllers" and "views" with a file in each. I'll be using webos QI.

So would the dest folder for example be
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers
    and
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mjkjr; 02/18/2010 at 06:29 PM.
  9.    #549  
    Wow, simply unbelievable, you are the king. I'm going to give it a shot. I unzipped the file and see the directory listed out usr> palm> applications> com.palm.app.browser> app> then 2 files "controllers" and "views" with a file in each. I'll be using webos QI.

So would the dest folder for example be
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers
    and
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views
    file: download-stream-popup.html
    folder: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/

file: downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs
    folder: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/

-Eric G

Donate
    file: download-stream-popup.html
    folder: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/

file: downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs
    folder: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/
    Just wanted to be sure, I figured you sent it like that for a reason. So I sent those over successfully, should I reset now then install the patch or just install the patch then reset? Don't know if will make a difference but at this point I don't want to take any chances.
  11.    #551  
    Just wanted to be sure, I figured you sent it like that for a reason. So I sent those over successfully, should I reset now then install the patch or just install the patch then reset? Don't know if will make a difference but at this point I don't want to take any chances.
    install then reset.

(Restarts are only needed to visually see the effects of the patch)

-Eric G

Donate
    I would like to personally thank Eric (egaudet), Rod (rwhitby) and anyone else that may be involved with webOS Internals, Preware, AUPT, and anything else I'm missing. Your hard work has made owning these phones a more enjoyable experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    We all love our patches and DO appreciate all of the hard work that you Preware developers put into to make our user experience with our Pre's better!!!
    The best way to thank these guys for all the incredible work they do is to send a donation their way. A periodic donation would be even better. Who is up for it?
    install then reset.

(Restarts are only needed to visually see the effects of the patch)
    THANK YOU! Just installed the patch via Preware. Had a tense moment with the spinning circle, but sure enough it installed perfectly. It's amazing that it was something so simple for you to find and fix (I don't know if it was actually simple but you sure make things seem that way).

I'm going to study that webos-patches log some more, I'm trying to get a little bit better understanding so if I run into future issues I'll hopefully be able to somewhat pinpoint and troubleshoot them on my own. I'd settle for half the knowledege you have on all this.
    Yep, donated, really appreciate all of the hardwork they have put in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    The best way to thank these guys for all the incredible work they do is to send a donation their way. A periodic donation would be even better. Who is up for it?
    Agreed, much deserved. I wonder if they do this for a job or just do it because they love to? Maybe Palm needs to offer them a job.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Last night I selected update all, for my patches, and when my phone restarted, it had logged out of my palm profile. I selected for it to do just a restart, but I lost all my homebrew apps, the patches all still worked, but would not recover. I run Preware at least twice a day.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I ran EPR from WebOSQI to remove all of my patches. Then, I reinstalled all my patches except now I am having a problem trying to reinstall the Named Pages patch.

It looks like Rename-Page-Assistant.jsjsjs $and$ $Rename$-$Page$.$html$ $was$ $not$ $removed$ $by$ $EPR$ $and$ $the$ $patch$ $install$ $is$ $failing$.

How can I delete these two files so that I can install the patch?
    I managed to fix three of the four patches that came up in EFV. The only one left is the No Alert During Call patch. When I try to install it I get: (I skipped to post installation as Install was normal.)

Postinst
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/FormattedCall.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Reversed (or prevously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway/ [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/source.json.rej

Lock
    Nothing Interesting

Status
    Nothing Interesting

Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.phone-no-alert-during-call from root...

Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException:Failure during post install script execution
    Once I fix this one I'll be all set. Thanks again in advance.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    I could really use some help on these 4 problem patches. Any help would be great. Here is what my patch file shows-

org.webosinternals.patches.app-catalog-hide-app-vendors aupt-1
    org.webosinternals.patches.phone-power-button-ends-calls-except-speaker aupt-1
    org.webosinternals.patches.add-onscreen-keyboard aupt-1
    org.webosinternals.patches.screen-lock-disable-led-notifications-for-email aupt-2
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-5x4-icons-v2 aupt-3
    Everything after this all says aupt-3

I have tried re-installing them in hopes of then being able to re-delete them but I get an error in preware I also get that error using WOSQI. Thanks in advance to anyone that may have some advice.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Just a quick question. I removed the virtual keyboard ages ago. However after running EFV I get the error that there are some files left. It is no longer installed on my phone. I tried to re-install (and used the file to clean up previous files that is in Preware) and I still get the error. Looking through my Pre the files that are there are "themes" (basically PNG images of the keyboard). Can I simply just delete this from my Pre? I've run the repair utility and that did nothing. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!