Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    We could really use a good txt reader / editor for the Pre. If there is one, I certainly haven't seen it publicized very much.
    pReader can read txt just fine, but .webosinternals.patches.packages doesn't show up in the file picker there, perhaps because of the leading "."
    So how do I go about finding .webosinternals.patches.packages ?
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    We could really use a good txt reader / editor for the Pre. If there is one, I certainly haven't seen it publicized very much.
    Terminal (on Preware) is your friend. I'm running out the door to work, so I don't have the path handy, but I was able to use cat in terminal to check the status of my patches last night w/o USB.
  4. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bcumings View Post
    So how do I go about finding .webosinternals.patches.packages ?
    You can read it in a text editor on your computer by putting your phone in USB mode.
  5. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    I posted this on the "Aupt: Important message" thread as well ( link: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2226334 ), but I have an odd situation:

I updated all my patches this morning and then checked out the ".webosinternals.patches.packages" file. I noticed 3 patches not listed as aupt-3. they were:

org.webosinternals.patches.app-catalog-hide-app-vendors
    org.webosinternals.patches.screen-lock-no-auto-off-while-charging
    org.webosinternals.patches.phone-enable-dialpad-vibration aupt-1

Now, interesting enough, those 3 patches were once installed on my phone but I have since uninstalled all of them. I also tried running the EFV can it got an error, saying that 2 packages were installed with unsupported patch technology, and it was the "Hide App Vendors" and the "screen lock no auto off" ones.

any idea what is going on? how can i totally remove these 3 patches from my phone?
    I had a similar issue. I updated my 23 installed patches however when I checked ".webosinternals.patches.packages" file, I had 3 old patches that have long been removed.

org.webosinternals.patches.browser-no-auto-refresh-after-idle aupt-1
    org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-15px-font aupt-1
    org.webosinternals.patches.clock-more-default-snooze-times aupt-1

Not sure if they were a problem as EPV ran clean, however I reinstalled those 3 patches and then uninstalled them. The result?

org.webosinternals.patches.browser-no-auto-refresh-after-idle aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-15px-font aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.clock-more-default-snooze-times aupt-3

I still have 23 patches installed but 26 entries in ".webosinternals.patches.packages"

I reran EPV and once again it was clean. Not sure if this is an issue...
    will AUPT be WebOS Doctor Compatible???
  7.    #507  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    In a sense... After a Doctor you can run/install Emergency Service Enabler (ESE) to re-run all postinst's which will re-apply all your installed patches as well.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    That's a very non-specific question :-)

What are your expectations of how it should behave?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    That's a very non-specific question :-)

What are your expectations of how it should behave?

-- Rod
    well my question starts because , im unsure of how aupt works. is it that after an update , preware needs to be loaded up and and preware "fixes" any destroyed patches by looking at what patches where installed via the log, and all incompatible patches files get replaced with originals?

or is it that the patches themselves are somehow imune to the effects of the update.?

if its the latter than in effect doctoring wouldnt effect patches where as if its the former it for sure does...
    well my question starts because , im unsure of how aupt works. is it that after an update , preware needs to be loaded up and and preware "fixes" any destroyed patches by looking at what patches where installed via the log, and all incompatible patches files get replaced with originals?

or is it that the patches themselves are somehow imune to the effects of the update.?

if its the latter than in effect doctoring wouldnt effect patches where as if its the former it for sure does...
    Doctoring restores all webOS files back to stock versions, effectively removing all the effects of any patches, but not removing the administrative files that say that patches are installed.

Hence, doctoring without an accompanying partial erase cause leave Preware thinking that patches are installed when in fact the files that would have been patched have been restored to a pristine state.

The Emergency Service Enabler re-runs all the postinst scripts which re-applies all the patches from the webos-patches feed, and it is on the long-term roadmap for the Package Manager Service to somehow detect this situation and do that automatically (there is no prototype or scheduled date for this item, so please don't ask about when it will be done).

I'm not sure whether patches installed via WebOS Quick Install have this idempotent property of being able to be reinstalled simply be re-running the postinst script.

If you want to doctor to a different webOS version, then you *really* want to do at least a partial erase as well (and I would recommend backing up all your data and doing a full erase in this circumstance).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    These guys are good! Seriously! Where is that donate button...
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    hmmm so i managed to finally update all of them, except the flashlight in device menu... i get the ipkg error so i tried removing it, and the phone thinks it's removed but it is still there and functional... problem is not i cant reinstall without getting an ipkg error and it is my only patch still in aupt-1 :/ any suggestions?

**oh and ive tried removing all of the other device menu patches, but still can't reinstall because it is already installed... is there any way to manually remove it without quick install or preware?
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I'm unable to update my patches with Preware for the last couple days. I'm getting an IPKG Log error "ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during 'install' operation".

Is there a fix for this?
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    Quote Originally Posted by goodwing96 View Post
    hmmm so i managed to finally update all of them, except the flashlight in device menu... i get the ipkg error so i tried removing it, and the phone thinks it's removed but it is still there and functional... problem is not i cant reinstall without getting an ipkg error and it is my only patch still in aupt-1 :/ any suggestions?

**oh and ive tried removing all of the other device menu patches, but still can't reinstall because it is already installed... is there any way to manually remove it without quick install or preware?
    I've been asking that very same question for over a week now to no avail.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  15.    #515  
    If you are asking for a specific help on something you should give detailed information, including webos-patches.log file.

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    If you are asking for a specific help on something you should give detailed information, including webos-patches.log file.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post

Only one out of 40 had an error trying to reinstall, it doesn't do anything for me anyways.

org.webosinternals.patches.browser-multi-mod aupt-2

------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
    PATCH INSTALLATION Mon Feb 15 22:54:35 CST 2010
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-multi-mod/browser-multi-mod.patch

----------------------------------
    Dry run patch attempt...
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/chrome.jsjsjs
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/chrome.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/page-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    7 out of 7 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/page-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/urlbar.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    4 out of 4 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/urlbar.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/download-stream-popup.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/sources.json
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/sources.json.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/stylesheets/browser.css
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/stylesheets/browser.css.rej

dry run failed, checking if -R would succeed
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/chrome.jsjsjs
    The next patch, when reversed, would delete the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs,
    which does not exist! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/page-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 627 (offset 13 lines).
    Hunk #2 succeeded at 678 (offset 13 lines).
    Hunk #3 succeeded at 698 (offset 13 lines).
    Hunk #4 succeeded at 1218 (offset 20 lines).
    Hunk #5 succeeded at 1226 (offset 20 lines).
    Hunk #6 succeeded at 1239 (offset 20 lines).
    Hunk #7 succeeded at 2277 (offset 40 lines).
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/urlbar.jsjsjs
    The next patch, when reversed, would delete the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/download-stream-popup.html,
    which does not exist! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/sources.json
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/stylesheets/browser.css
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 736 (offset -17 lines).

Installation FAILED!
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/chrome.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    7 out of 7 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/page-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    4 out of 4 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/urlbar.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/sources.json.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/stylesheets/browser.css.rej
    ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-multi-mod
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-multi-mod:
    browser-multi-mod.patch
    package_list
    *** FAILED

Will you take a look at this? I'm not the only person with the issue on this same patch. Thanks.
  17.    #517  
    Will you take a look at this? I'm not the only person with the issue on this same patch. Thanks.
    This patch patches 5 stock files and creates 2 of its own files. Your log is telling me that your device has the 5 files patched but the 2 created files missing.

Which unsupported method did you follow that incorrectly caused you to delete these 2 created files?

You can get these files from someone (or create them yourself if you know how) and then send them to the device with their correct path. The patch will then install cleanly.

Alternatively you can uninstall any other patch you have installed in the browser category, and then use Repair Utility to repair the 5 stock files (the ones with "Reversed" directly under the "patching" line)

-Eric G

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    This patch patches 5 stock files and creates 2 of its own files. Your log is telling me that your device has the 5 files patched but the 2 created files missing.

Which unsupported method did you follow that incorrectly caused you to delete these 2 created files?

You can get these files from someone (or create them yourself if you know how) and then send them to the device with their correct path. The patch will then install cleanly.

Alternatively you can uninstall any other patch you have installed in the browser category, and then use Repair Utility to repair the 5 stock files (the ones with "Reversed" directly under the "patching" line)
    I used NO unsupported method. This phone was redoctored on the 14th (prior doctor than 1.3.5) and was 100% fresh. Then updated to 1.3.5.1, then reinstalled all patches on sunday the 14th. Updated all from AUPT-2 to AUPT-3 after that was released, only one to fail was that patch. That is all that was done word for word step by step, not leaving anything out. I honestly believe it's something with the patch itself and would love for someone to do some testing on it. I don't think the patch is creating the 2 files or something.

I'm almost tempted to Doctor again and just install that patch to show it's causing the problem.
    Last edited by mjkjr; 02/18/2010 at 10:56 AM.
    Sorry to both you guys with this, but i'm having issues with a few patches too. After the group that was upgraded last night i had trouble upgrading/removing a few of them, so i just decided to run EPR & start from scratch. I was able to get them all re-installed, & now i'm just having an issue with the Hide App Vendors Patch. I tried to take a quick look at the log to see if it was something i could find myself, but aside from seeing the few lines with blank md5sums, i couldn't find what was wrong. Are the sums supposed to be empty because it was a created file & not stock?

I tried updating first with no luck, then figured i would try to update. If it would help i can post the log from the attempted upgrade as well.

~Thanks in advance.

PATCH REMOVAL Thu Feb 18 11:30:26 EST 2010
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.app-catalog-hide-app-vendors/app-catalog-hide-app-vendors.patch

Checking md5sums
    Palm md5sum when installed: 0a74eeaa3c998a80efd931602d538b2e
    Getting md5sum from Palm package: com.palm.app.findapps
    md5sum: 0a74eeaa3c998a80efd931602d538b2e
    Found modified file: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs
    Palm md5sum when installed:
    md5sum:
    md5sum:
    Found created file: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/hide-assistant.jsjsjs
    Palm md5sum when installed: b894edaedbcc1a7d855cb08c481c7789
    md5sum: b894edaedbcc1a7d855cb08c481c7789
    Found modified file: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/search-assistant.jsjsjs
    md5sum:
    md5sum:
    Found created file: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/model/hide-list.jsjsjs
    md5sum:
    md5sum:
    Found created file: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/views/hide/hide-scene.html
    Palm md5sum when installed: 57e5eee5118bcb32c2c0686cf9d0093d
    md5sum: 57e5eee5118bcb32c2c0686cf9d0093d
    Found modified file: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/views/search/search-appsummary.html
    Palm md5sum when installed: e61585f2002133f7826878611ec52179
    md5sum: e61585f2002133f7826878611ec52179
    Found modified file: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/index-default.html
    Palm md5sum when installed: 9d18dcbdee5ec0d7c23e75618ec3da97
    md5sum: 9d18dcbdee5ec0d7c23e75618ec3da97
    Found modified file: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/sources.json
    Palm md5sum when installed: 6f2cba9446169293315aa8e5b1b21989
    md5sum: 6f2cba9446169293315aa8e5b1b21989
    Found modified file: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/stylesheets/appcatalog.css

Dry run patch attempt...
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/hide-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/search-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/model/hide-list.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/views/hide/hide-scene.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/views/search/search-appsummary.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/index-default.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/sources.json
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/stylesheets/appcatalog.css
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 1579.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/stylesheets/appcatalog.css.rej

dry run failed, checking if applying entire patch would succeed
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 276 (offset 87 lines).
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/hide-assistant.jsjsjs,
    which already exists! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/hide-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/search-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/search-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/model/hide-list.jsjsjs,
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/model/hide-list.jsjsjs.$rej$
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/views/hide/hide-scene.html,
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/views/hide/hide-scene.html.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/views/search/search-appsummary.html
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/views/search/search-appsummary.html.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/index-default.html
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/index-default.html.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/sources.json
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/sources.json.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/stylesheets/appcatalog.css
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 1579.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/stylesheets/appcatalog.css.rej

Removal FAILED!
    ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.app-catalog-hide-app-vendors
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.app-catalog-hide-app-vendors:
    app-catalog-hide-app-vendors.patch
    md5sums
    package_list
    *** FAILED ***
  20.    #520  
    I used NO unsupported method. This phone was redoctored on the 14th (prior doctor than 1.3.5) and was 100% fresh. Then updated to 1.3.5.1, then reinstalled all patches on sunday the 14th. Updated all from AUPT-2 to AUPT-3 after that was released, only one to fail was that patch. That is all that was done word for word step by step, not leaving anything out. I honestly believe it's something with the patch itself and would love for someone to do some testing on it. I don't think the patch is creating the 2 files or something.

I'm almost tempted to Doctor again and just install that patch to show it's causing the problem.
    Hmm, I will have to look into this.

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas06 View Post
    Sorry to both you guys with this, but i'm having issues with a few patches too. After the group that was upgraded last night i had trouble upgrading/removing a few of them, so i just decided to run EPR & start from scratch. I was able to get them all re-installed, & now i'm just having an issue with the Hide App Vendors Patch. I tried to take a quick look at the log to see if it was something i could find myself, but aside from seeing the few lines with blank md5sums, i couldn't find what was wrong. Are the sums supposed to be empty because it was a created file & not stock?

I tried updating first with no luck, then figured i would try to update. If it would help i can post the log from the attempted upgrade as well.

~Thanks in advance.
    That patch had a problem because of how we generate with -b, causes errors reversing the appcatalog.css file. There's no easy way to fix this but this patch's thread lists how to remove it (2nd to last page I think). Basically you want to delete the created files and repair the stock files (remove any other app catalog patch first).

The latest (1.3.5-25) version of this patch has been generated properly and should not have issues removing after install.

-Eric G

Donate