Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prethadd81 View Post
    I`ve searched almost everywhere in preware and I cant find it to install.
    can someoneone help me out?
    It's not something that you install. It's the way patches are now being written. Just update your patches when Preware indicates updates are needed, and you'll be all set.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by prethadd81
    I`ve searched almost everywhere in preware and I cant find it to install.
    can someoneone help me out?

It's not something that you install. It's the way patches are now being written. Just update your patches when Preware indicates updates are needed, and you'll be all set.

Thanks!
    I was able to update all of my installed patches (individually) except for VKB and 4x4 Icons v1. I then was able to uninstall VKB, but had to delete the folder via USB connection, but 4x4 Icons v1 is still there and will not uninstall. Now Preware just hangs on "downloading feed information."

Any suggestions?

Oh, BTW, I have the Buuf Theme installed and it has 3x3 Icons so I really do not know how 4x4 Icons got installed or even why it does not work.
    Quote Originally Posted by fs65a View Post
    I was able to update all of my installed patches (individually) except for VKB and 4x4 Icons v1. I then was able to uninstall VKB, but had to delete the folder via USB connection, but 4x4 Icons v1 is still there and will not uninstall. Now Preware just hangs on "downloading feed information."

Any suggestions?
    See my post #58 for a workaround for the stuck patch. For hanging Preware, go to the app menu in the upper left corner and tap "Update Feeds" while it is hanging. This should restart the process and works for me.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    I have added the 550 autoreflex patch using WEBOSQI. Will i need to delete it or is it covered for an update?
    Laissez Faire
    Thanks Blaize! That worked. I was able to remove the stuck patch. Strange thou... Preware installed without hanging, but if it does again I have a solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by fs65a View Post
    Thanks Blaize! That worked. I was able to remove the stuck patch. Strange thou... Preware installed without hanging, but if it does again I have a solution.
    Welcome. I, too, have noticed that on my phone Preware sometimes hangs and sometimes doesn't. Maybe when new stuff is added to one of the feeds?

Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    that's basically what I had to do to get rid of the command line patch
    So, in order to get rid of this command line patch, I have to do a full erase back to factory settings? That means I will have to download all my apps and everything else right?
  9.    #449  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcumings View Post
    So, in order to get rid of this command line patch, I have to do a full erase back to factory settings? That means I will have to download all my apps and everything else right?
    You can't remove it the uscl-memos patch and then the command-line patch?

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    It deleted the uscl-memos patch, but not the command line patch. I just did another EPR, and I'm going to check if it's gone. I did that almost 2 hours ago, and the phone had not come back. So, I popped out the battery. Hopefully, it comes back to life no, and I can check if the patch is gone. Didn't realize I would need to exercise THAT much patience. Only took 45 minutes the other day.
    The blasted thing is still there. I'm getting pretty irritated. So, how do I get rid of it? I'm a newbie here, and I DON'T want to lose my contacts. I no longer have any of my phone numbers. I emailed my contacts with the email contacts patch, but it doesn't seem like I can look at them. Can I use that file to import into my phone if I have to do a factory install.

There was also a post on making sure to make sure my USB is backed up. I'm going to play stupid here, and say I have no idea how to do that.

Please HELP!!!

Now I cannot even re-run EPR because it says there are NO patches found.
    Last edited by bcumings; 02/02/2010 at 05:22 PM.
    Hi folks... quick question. (I searched the threads and didn't find an answer to this one). I updated all of my patches, but there is one that keeps giving me a error (attached below from trying uninstall with the WQI) for the patch: "Hide App Vendors"

Can anyone shoot me an idea of what step I'm missing to finally get rid of this error?

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Couldn't delete it with WOSQI either. What's a boy to do?

The error is:

The next patch, when reversed, would delete the file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/calculator.jsjsjs, $which$ $does$ $not$ $exist$! $Ignore$ - $R$? [$n$]

Apply anyway" [n]

Skipping patch
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/lun-applauncher/app/controller/global-search-assistant.jsjsjs
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore - R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    14 out of 14 hunks ignored -- see webos-patches.log for more details
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    I have added the 550 autoreflex patch using WEBOSQI. Will i need to delete it or is it covered for an update?
    Please?
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Hi folks... quick question. (I searched the threads and didn't find an answer to this one). I updated all of my patches, but there is one that keeps giving me a error (attached below from trying uninstall with the WQI) for the patch: "Hide App Vendors"

Can anyone shoot me an idea of what step I'm missing to finally get rid of this error?

Thanks!
    I guess I can help you out, even if you are a cheesehead (stoopid Vikes couldn't finish, again).

See my post #58. Ignore all error notifications while installing/uninstalling the patch with WOSQI. I did find that even after I did this, there was a piece of corrupted code interfering with my ability to see the app catalogue, so I eventually gave in and ran EPR and reinstalled all my patches with Preware, but others seem to be having success using the workaround I found.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    I guess I can help you out, even if you are a cheesehead (stoopid Vikes couldn't finish, again).

See my post #58. Ignore all error notifications while installing/uninstalling the patch with WOSQI. I did find that even after I did this, there was a piece of corrupted code interfering with my ability to see the app catalogue, so I eventually gave in and ran EPR and reinstalled all my patches with Preware, but others seem to be having success using the workaround I found.
    Thanks Blaize... I was VERY happy when the Vikes lost! Sorry, but that is the most hated team up here (greater than the Cowboys and Bears).

I have a bad feeling I'm going to end up running EPR and/or doctoring my phone. Does EPR simply remove all patches (is that all it does)? I've never used it before.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Thanks Blaize... I was VERY happy when the Vikes lost! Sorry, but that is the most hated team up here (greater than the Cowboys and Bears).

I have a bad feeling I'm going to end up running EPR and/or doctoring my phone. Does EPR simply remove all patches (is that all it does)? I've never used it before.

Thanks!
    Nobody's more hated in my family than the Cowboys, although, since I grew up in MPLS the Packers were a pretty close second.

Yes, EPR simply removes all patches and anything related to patches (like corrupt code).

Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Welcome. I, too, have noticed that on my phone Preware sometimes hangs and sometimes doesn't. Maybe when new stuff is added to one of the feeds?
    I noticed this also....it may be co-incidental but it seems to hang more since the AUPT update.

It doesn't seem to be one specific feed doing it, it just hangs. I close it out, re-open it, sometimes it works, sometimes it hangs in a different place, sometimes it takes 4 or 5 tries before it loads everything. Sometimes I have to restart luna and it will work on the first try.

I have the themes feeds and palm app and beta feeds disabled.

Prior to the AUPT update, it rarely locked up for me, now it seems to do it 50 to 75% of the time.
    Just wanted to chime in here as there seems to be some confusion regarding .patch files installed with WebOS Quick Install.

WebOS Quick Install v3.01 is AUPT compatible. Go into the Tweaks section after an OTA update and WOSQI will realize the version has changed. Each installed .patch will be uninstalled cleanly and if the patch can be re-applied successfully, it will.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Thanks for the help guys. I ended up simply performing an EPR and reinstalling all patches. If your gonna do it - do it right, right?