Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by youngevizu View Post
    ever since ive gotten the new preware auto update technology, all my pactches went to hell...so now i had to run epr...and reinstall my patches...which isnt a problem. my main issues is that i canot install the iphone messaging patch and my call history is gone and it says "template load failed: calllog/listcontainer.html" so what do i do?

who is that?
    Quote Originally Posted by blaidan View Post
    You can't get the VK installed and you're gonna give up and go back to Droid? Wow. Ok, then, I think that's a good idea. You go back to Droid. Sheesh.
    Not just because of the VKB. This is my third phone in less than two months. First one fell apart (oreo), second one the screen got too hot and cracked from the inside. And now I'm having issues with the software patches. I used the "what if I were to install?" question and the manager at the Sprint store told me that installing patches to the phone voided the warranty because they were not authorized by the palm catalog. This really has me thinking and I'm not sure what to do. Droid always worked. Never had a problem. But I really like the Webos platform and the phone is nice in spite of the physical issues with the design. Should I stay or should I go ?
    You should go then.
    snap foo! That's the good deal!!!!!
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Hey im getting an error vkb as well and is there a fix for this issue. If so can someone help me out with correcting it please. I used everything possible to correct this issue. What else can i do to get the virtual keyboard back on the phone.
    Last edited by Stig82; 01/30/2010 at 04:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by goodwing96 View Post
    in my experience doctoring it after doing the autoupdate stuff left me with all of my usb stuff and all i had to do was sync my contacts... but as far as the patches, it showed them all installed in preware and wosqi but the phone obviously didnt have any there... i had to wipe all of the usb data using a full erase before i could truly get it back to factory state and start over
    that's basically what I had to do to get rid of the command line patch
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    This sounds great where is it in the preware catalog? I cant find it there or through WebOS Quick Install? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jpfoxey View Post
    This sounds great where is it in the preware catalog? I cant find it there or through WebOS Quick Install? Thanks
    It's not in Preware as a separate app...it is part of every patch. If you already have patches installed you should have a notice in Preware to update your patches. If you do not have any patches installed, it will automatically be part of any patches you install from now on.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    WOW! that is even cooler, thanks for your reply and thanks for this great tool!
    Gotta say guys, really impressive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stig82 View Post
    Hey im getting an error vkb as well and is there a fix for this issue. If so can someone help me out with correcting it please. I used everything possible to correct this issue. What else can i do to get the virtual keyboard back on the phone.
    run "obsolete VKB" from Preware or wosqi and go into USB mode and delete the VKB directory. reboot and try to install VKB from Preware. Worked for me anyway.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    OK, here is what I did.

I had only I think it was 10 patches.

It hung then IPK error on VKB ,

I went back and VKB was gone,

Updated rest of patches, seemed to go ok

Restarted Luna, VKB not there.. (I can deal with that later.)

try to back into preware and now THIS screen has been spinning now for about 10 minutes.

preware.png

Any ideas?

Thanks

Huh, ok thats interesting.. I did as ChemEngr suggested above, just deleted virtual-keyboard directory via usb, restarted Preware and it loaded up.

Reinstalled VKB via preware, and all is once again right with the world..

THANKS WebOsInternals!
    Last edited by dianehelen; 01/31/2010 at 07:57 AM. Reason: problem solved thanks ChemEngr
    Quote Originally Posted by ChargedDust View Post
    Same here, can't get it to update, can't get it delete.
    Also having the same issue with Enable Landscape Messaging.

Everything else updated fine (55), but was time consuming sine I had to do them one at a time because the AUPT wouldn't get past Advanced Phone Menu

Help would be greatly appreciated
    Just tried WOSQI to get these 2 patches out and I still can't remove them, anybody know how I can get these removed so I'm ready for 1.4?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChargedDust View Post
    Just tried WOSQI to get these 2 patches out and I still can't remove them, anybody know how I can get these removed so I'm ready for 1.4?
    It's kind of a PITA, but remove your theme if you have one. Then run the EPR (Emergency Patch Recovery) and then reinstall your patches. Should remove the problem patches.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    WOW... very impressive... thank you much!!!
    I have read almost every page on this forum and I can't find my question...I am sure it's there some where.
    I went into the updates on preware to do updates. I hit "Update All" and it says "This does nothing yet."
    I tried to remove and update one of my patches but now it won't go back on so I don't want to do that to all of them in case I can't get it back on. HELP!
    Mel
    Mel. It means you don't have the most up-to-date package manager service and Preware. My suggestion at this point is that you remove and reinstall the package manager service (v0.9.34) and Preware (v0.9.18), then run the Emergency Patch Recovery tool and then add your patches back in one at a time. This will ensure that you get rid of any wonky code, have the current PMS (sorry Rod) and Preware, and that all of your patches will have AUPT installed with them.

Thank you so much! The system of patches make WebOS my favorite smartphone platform and now I can even recommend them to my non-tech-savvy WebOS owners.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtizzle79 View Post
    @comiken205, it worked. I appreciate it.

I learned it from other users here. This forum is pretty helpful!
    I`ve searched almost everywhere in preware and I cant find it to install.
    can someoneone help me out?