Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyBeerManTX View Post
    OK, i just went through all previous pages of issues, and didn't see anyone with a similar error message as me. Anytime I try to reinstall tweaks through WebOS QI, I get the following:

"Error: An error occured while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh

/media/crytofs/apps/usr/lib/ipbk/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-enable-add-delete-pages.postinst: line 24: /var/usr/bin/lsdiff: not found

Error: Cannot find /var/usr/bin/lsdiff"

This is the case for every patch attempted through PreWare or WebOS QI. I originally manually uninstalled OTA via PreWare, then tried to reinstall with that error message. Hooked up via USB to WebOS QI, updated WebOS QI, PreWare, and Package Manager. Tried reinstalling tweaks with the same error.

It appears that a folder named "/var/usr/bin/lsdiff" got deleted and now all patches won't install because it can't be found. Where would I recreate this folder?

.....Any other ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    webos-internals feed is either off or package manager service didn't install correctly.

See above

The doctor doesn't touch the media partition anymore which is where all the ipkg and app info is, if you want a true clean slate you have to full erase and then doctor. Make sure to back up any photos, music or other files you need via USB mode before doing a full erase. Patches show as installed after a doctor because the ipkg info in media partition is still there but the files on the OS aren't actually modified anymore. New AUPT patches will be able to remove without error to clean up the ipkg data.
    OK, so I've tried to reinstall package manager every which way from Sunday, even to the point of doing a FULL erase with the following steps:
    1- FULL erase from the device manager menu
    2- Log in with Palm profile. Cancel automatic logins, such as facebook, hotmail, yahoo....
    3- Run EPR from within WebOS Quick Install (which shows patches installed, but SAYS no patches found or installed when EPR run)
    4- Run WebOS Doctor
    5- Update WebOS to 1.3.5.1
    6- Update PreWare and Package Manager
    7- Attempt to install "Add/Delete Launcher Pages" from WebOS Quick Install with SAME failure as above.
    8- Attempt to install "Add/Delete Launcher Pages" from PreWare, same thing.
    9- Attempt to update patch shown as installed, same thing.

Can I just simply ADD this apparent missing folder manually? WHere would I put it?
    Quote Originally Posted by dBsooner View Post
    You would run:

Code:
    ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps remove org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-add-select-all-and-new-message
    Correct, sorry had a typo in the other one. This worked perfectly! Thanks! You guys are awesome, thus got all my patches restored in working order EXCEPT the Virtual Keyboard to install...so working on that currently.

Thanks again!
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Thank you for AUPT it worked fine for me except I am unable to reinstall the Virtual Keyboard. I noticed that it was updated yesterday, but I still get the error message. Can someone walk me through this that has had the same problem?
    Thanks,
  4.    #404  
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyBeerManTX View Post
    Can I just simply ADD this apparent missing folder manually? WHere would I put it?
    No. Come to #webos-internals IRC on freenode so we can debug.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    For some reason, even after I did the ECR, it did not remove the Command Line patch. I can't update it or remove it, and then I cannot update the USCL Memos Patch either.

I sense if I cannot delete the Command Line patch, I will still have to delete all my patches when there is a new webOS update. Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    I believe this indicates that you have not yet updated to the latest version of Preware and/or Package Manager Service. If you haven't, you may need to remove the existing versions and then reinstall them with WebOS QuickInstall. I believe that should correct this issue for you.
    Thanks much, I will give that a try and report back.
    Trying to give back for all the awesome help I have received. If anything I post is of any use, please hit the thanks button!
    Quote Originally Posted by dtizzle79 View Post
    Thank you for AUPT it worked fine for me except I am unable to reinstall the Virtual Keyboard. I noticed that it was updated yesterday, but I still get the error message. Can someone walk me through this that has had the same problem?
    Thanks,
    Did you try connecting the Pre as USBmode and then manually deleting the VKB folder? If not, try that and then re-install the VKB patch via Preware. I did that to three Pre's in the house and it worked like a charm.
    On another note. I have a question. Did anyone here have issues with loading Preware yesterday evening? I wonder if they were making any upgrades due to the AUPT? Anyone?
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I'm having trouble with the Universal Search command line patch. I removed the memo patch as instructed and then proceeded to update the command line patch. I got an IPKG error so I tried to uninstall the command line patch as well. Now, Preware thinks the command line patch is still installed when it's not (doesn't function and WebOSQI doesn't show it).

I can't update or install the command line patch and get an error about 'no such file or directory' a with a path to /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/.../universal-search-command-line.patch.

Not sure what to do at this point. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcumings View Post
    For some reason, even after I did the ECR, it did not remove the Command Line patch. I can't update it or remove it, and then I cannot update the USCL Memos Patch either.

I sense if I cannot delete the Command Line patch, I will still have to delete all my patches when there is a new webOS update. Any thoughts?
    I tried the emergency patch removal tool too and it did the same thing. I don't want to use webOS Doctor to reimage the phone.

What is it about this patch that it can't be removed by the installation tools?
    Quote Originally Posted by comiken205 View Post
    On another note. I have a question. Did anyone here have issues with loading Preware yesterday evening? I wonder if they were making any upgrades due to the AUPT? Anyone?
    I had problems loading Preware past the point of it trying to look at the Themes feed (around 9-11pm CST), but everything seems to be working out fine today.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I did not try that. I will do it right now. Thanks!
    @DJeremyC Thank you and I had the same results here.
    hey so in case this helps anyone, i ended up doing a full erase and then doctored the phone, and now ive got 52 patches reinstalled from scratch and not a single error! be sure to back up your usb stuff though!
    So am I correct to assume the way WebOS Doctor is implemented in WebOs 1.3.5 that if you just do a doctor everything should remain intact on the phone. Thus all applications are there and any photos/videos etc. BUT you will have to resync your Palm profile and facebook contacts. Correct?

and how does that work with the patches?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by comiken205 View Post
    Did you try connecting the Pre as USBmode and then manually deleting the VKB folder? If not, try that and then re-install the VKB patch via Preware. I did that to three Pre's in the house and it worked like a charm.
    @comiken205, it worked. I appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    So am I correct to assume the way WebOS Doctor is implemented in WebOs 1.3.5 that if you just do a doctor everything should remain intact on the phone. Thus all applications are there and any photos/videos etc. BUT you will have to resync your Palm profile and facebook contacts. Correct?

and how does that work with the patches?
    in my experience doctoring it after doing the autoupdate stuff left me with all of my usb stuff and all i had to do was sync my contacts... but as far as the patches, it showed them all installed in preware and wosqi but the phone obviously didnt have any there... i had to wipe all of the usb data using a full erase before i could truly get it back to factory state and start over
    I have tried EVERYTHING posted on this site to get my VKB to reinstall. Even emailed Eric (no reply) and nothing is working. Guess at this point I should even be glad my phone turns on after the last update. Maybe time to back to DROID.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotewayne View Post
    I have tried EVERYTHING posted on this site to get my VKB to reinstall. Even emailed Eric (no reply) and nothing is working. Guess at this point I should even be glad my phone turns on after the last update. Maybe time to back to DROID.
    You can't get the VK installed and you're gonna give up and go back to Droid? Wow. Ok, then, I think that's a good idea. You go back to Droid. Sheesh.
    ever since ive gotten the new preware auto update technology, all my pactches went to hell...so now i had to run epr...and reinstall my patches...which isnt a problem. my main issues is that i canot install the iphone messaging patch and my call history is gone and it says "template load failed: calllog/listcontainer.html" so what do i do?