Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yes, that would likely cause it. What instructions told you to use ipkg without the -o switch on a Pre?

-- Rod
    Hi Rod
    Are you refering to use the -o when you mount the drive or when you run the uninstall? I actually did something like this...

mount -o remount,rw /
    cd /usr/palm/applications
    ipkg remove com.handson.app.nascar
    ipkg remove com.handson.app.nfl
    ipkg remove com.mobitv.app.sprinttv
    ipkg remove com.palm.app.sprintportal
    ipkg remove com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation
    ipkg remove com.palm.app.amazonstore
    mount -o remount,ro /

If that was wrong care to correct me so I know in the future? I just wanted to remove the Sprint apps....

Thanks
    Vas
  2. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gianthobbit View Post
    Never got an answer on this one? Should I just manually uninstall all the apps and then reinstall the updated version instead?
    I believe this indicates that you have not yet updated to the latest version of Preware and/or Package Manager Service. If you haven't, you may need to remove the existing versions and then reinstall them with WebOS QuickInstall. I believe that should correct this issue for you.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChargedDust View Post
    Same here, can't get it to update, can't get it delete.
    Also having the same issue with Enable Landscape Messaging.

Everything else updated fine (55), but was time consuming sine I had to do them one at a time because the AUPT wouldn't get past Advanced Phone Menu

Help would be greatly appreciated
    I can't figure out what to do either i seen where there was another post in here that mentioned it and i didn't have the gps part installedor. i have the brightness installed. I can't remove or add it. I haven't tried seeing if it would with wosqi? any suggestions?

Getting error HUNK #4 FAILED AT 118
    Last edited by pchrist; 01/28/2010 at 04:46 PM. Reason: added error code
    Still didn't delete the Command Line Patch, and cannot update it either.
    Having a problem with APPLICATIONS updating (via any method) after doing AUPT updates via Preware. I've searched this forum (and Pre forums), and can't seem to find any help. Got my Pre the first day it came out, and been homebrewing ever since. I'm sure I'm just missing something simple? Thanks!!!
    Last edited by Saltcreep; 01/28/2010 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Clarification
    When updating an application, it goes to the update screen, then just sits there.. All of the patches updated fine. I don't theme. One of the apps I don't want to delete and redownload is Need for Speed. I'm worried that if I delete it, I'll have to pay for it again. That happened to me before, and I was ****ed. (Have they fixed that, btw?)
    I am LOVING AUPT, but have hit a snag while updating the patch called "Call Duration in Call Log".

When I hit the button to update in Preware, it tries to, but then tells me there has been an error. Same thing happens when I try to remove it, so I can't even get rid of it. Is there any other way?
    Quote Originally Posted by natefish View Post
    I am LOVING AUPT, but have hit a snag while updating the patch called "Call Duration in Call Log".

When I hit the button to update in Preware, it tries to, but then tells me there has been an error. Same thing happens when I try to remove it, so I can't even get rid of it. Is there any other way?
    I ended up with EPR and reloading patches (hopefully for the last time with AUPT!). I just took screen caps of all the patches then reloaded after the cleanup. Apparently the patches just step on each other too much and if one thing doesn't clean up just right, you're better off starting clean and moving forward than spending the time (like I did) fighting with it.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Q:
    I have one patch installed that is not available through PreWare or listed in QI.
    It's the 'date as carrier string' but without the year so I was wondering what I need to do with Palm Updates seeing as how this is not necessarily AUPT friendly correct?
    Where do I find the download for this?
    I checked Preware and can't find it. None of my patches work anymore.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    ive been unable to update or add any patches. i get errors on preware and wosqi. so i full erased my phone and doctored it fresh then reinstalled wosqi. now when i click the arrow to get to preware and package manager it does nothing at all, but i can get into device management . im pulling my hair out trying to figure out what else to try. i currently cant put preware on the phone or anything for that matter. anyone have any ideas. i loved having preware and patches and would love to be able to use them again someday.
    Whew! 66 patches updated Finally! After many error messages I updated Package Manager/Preware v0.9.18 via WOSQI. I was using v0.9.12. That got the Update All button to, uh...well...update all. On the few patches that still gave me error messages, I used the WOSQI workaround suggested on page 3, post #58 by Blaize to remove the patches, however I used Preware to reinstall. I don't recall which patches needed the workaround cos I was too excited about getting rid of the error messages and getting the patches updated.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    If I uninstall Preware and the package management service (in hopes of fixing the app catalog "installing" but never finishes problem), will Preware remember the patches that I installed with Preware or should I EPR before I uninstall Preware and package management service and then install all the patches after re-installing Preware and package management service. Did some searching but didn't see anyone asking this one.
    alright few problems here... i was updating patches, and ran into a bunch of problems so i doctored the phone thinking i would just reinstall all of the patches. After doctoring, i uninstalled preware and package manager service and then tried to reinstall... but wosqi wont open the repository... i get "error reading package list". i installed them using the preware intaller, but when i load preware i get stuck on loading the feeds every time (specifically the prethemer feed)... any advice? and when i do get it started will the patches be in update, or will i have to find/reinstall them all one by one? thanks and i appreciate the help!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodwing96 View Post
    alright few problems here... i was updating patches, and ran into a bunch of problems so i doctored the phone thinking i would just reinstall all of the patches. After doctoring, i uninstalled preware and package manager service and then tried to reinstall... but wosqi wont open the repository... i get "error reading package list". i installed them using the preware intaller, but when i load preware i get stuck on loading the feeds every time (specifically the prethemer feed)... any advice? and when i do get it started will the patches be in update, or will i have to find/reinstall them all one by one? thanks and i appreciate the help!
    from what i have read so far doctoring does not fully erase phone anymore it just over writes some of the files but some of them are on usb section i think you need to do full erase then try to reinstall every thing. again this is my interpretation of what i read could be wrong good luck
    yeah i got preware to work, but there are no available updates and it says all of the patches are still installed on my phone even though they are not... how can i do a full erase? i need to just start from scratch lol
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    I can't figure out what to do either i seen where there was another post in here that mentioned it and i didn't have the gps part installedor. i have the brightness installed. I can't remove or add it. I haven't tried seeing if it would with wosqi? any suggestions?

Getting error HUNK #4 FAILED AT 118
    Try using WOSQI to uninstall it, update feeds, then start the updates again.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    There is nothing really to "find".

If you have previously installed PreWare using webOS Quick Install and subsequently installed some patches, then what should happen is when you run PreWare again (making sure your feeds are updating when you do), ALL of your patches installed on your Pre that are available in PreWare (I presume even if you installed them with webOS QI) will show that there is an update available. You simply update the patches, either one at a time, or using Update All.

There are some potential hiccups along the road that include patches that are dependent on other patches and those individual cases have to be handled according to some instructions laid out in this thread. But I can tell you that with the 2 patches I had trouble updating or removing, I just used webOS QI to remove them and all seems fine.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks for the answer! So does that mean that if I just download/installed preware and patches yesterday for the first time that they are already up to date?

Also, do you have any info about the on screen keyboard and whether its safe to put on my phone?

Thanks again!
    I've been using the virtual keyboard as it is called for a couple of months now and really like it. I don't use it a lot, but when I need it, it is there antd very useful. if you look in the preware menu under "Patch"->"Mojo" you will find virtual keyboard. install it and you are good to go! tap quickly twice to the left of the center button in the gesture area to bring it up, and once in the same place to make it go a way. When you bring it up it takes about a second and a half to come up. it works great though!
    Sorry for the re-post, but I'm hoping someone can enlighten me. I've already updated my 50+ patches w/no issues, but just want to know the full scoop and make sure there are no others I need to be aware of before the next OTA update.

Thx!
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    Hope this isn't a dumb question or one covered already (not sure exactly what terms to search for nor do I have time at work to read every post here)...

Are all patches for the Pre available via the webos-internals feed and, if so, does that mean that even those not created by webos-internals are also updated with AUPT? If not, will we still need to remove NON-webos-internals patches before OTA updates? Seems like a have a patch or two that was loaded via webSO QI that is not available via Preware (I think, anyway).

Thanks for all your hard work, gang...and thanks for clarifying this issue for me.

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000