Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    no it was force of habit i did not mean to offend its how i speak normally im editing it out but you have to realize thats part of how young men take it just like when people call each other ******** its not to be taken as an offensive term its just vernacular but again i meant no offense
    Thanks! No one ever apologizes for saying things, they just go on & be ignorant. And sorry I snapping at you, I just don't understand. But I appreciate it.
  2.    #22  
    anyone else hitting errors with vkb?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flush2810 View Post
    yea i also get the error?
    Check the ipkg log (scroll alllll the way to the bottom :P)

Is it on remove or install and what is the error message?

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
  3. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Hahaha! I'm gonna be ****ed if 1.3.5.new comes out tomorrow and I need to EPR then reinstall all my patches!
    ok so this is what i'll be doing, just wanted to say thanks big time i love pre central,,,,,but all this stuff here, i think im going to wait for the webos update to do all this stuff
    I got the error with Hide App Vendors; will neither update nor let me remove it. I'm gonna try the Emergency Reconstruction Utility.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  6.    #26  
    Oh it's probably the new image replacement code, rm the virtual-keyboard folder from USB mode (or terminal do rm -rf /media/internal/virtual-keyboard).

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    it says "failed error generic method exception: failure during post install script execution"
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3 View Post
    Hahaha! I'm gonna be ****ed if 1.3.5.new comes out tomorrow and I need to EPR then reinstall all my patches!
    That's part of the thing with AUPT, you don't have to EPR anymore. Just update your patches (when they show they need to be updated) after an OTA update

-Eric G

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    Check the ipkg log (scroll alllll the way to the bottom :P)

Is it on remove or install and what is the error message?
    Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during post-install script execution
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Speed View Post
    ok so this is what i'll be doing, just wanted to say thanks big time i love pre central,,,,,but all this stuff here, i think im going to wait for the webos update to do all this stuff
    If you do not have AUPT patches installed at time of webos update, you will not be able to do update all on patches after the OTA update. You will have to use EPR and the re-install manually.

-Eric G

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Flush2810 View Post
    it says "failed error generic method exception: failure during post install script execution"
    This is what mine says, as well.

12.    #32  
    Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during post-install script execution
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    This is what mine says, as well.
    remove the virtual-keyboard folder from USB mode (or terminal do rm -rf /media/internal/virtual-keyboard).

-Eric G

Donate
    also got an error on avater left side error says ' error generic method exception failure during pre-remove script execution
    If you do not have AUPT patches installed at time of webos update, you will not be able to do update all on patches after the OTA update. You will have to use EPR and the re-install manually.
    Just to make sure this is what I think it is from following AUPT discussions...I will not have to remove patches before the next OTA update? Or I will still have to remove them, but Preware will remember and allow me to reinstall them all at once? Sorry, some the tech stuff is beyond my comprehension level. Thanks.

remove the virtual-keyboard folder from USB mode (or terminal do rm -rf /media/internal/virtual-keyboard).
    Sorry, mine was for a different patch. I was planning to use webOSQI to remove any that won't remove/update via Preware, and then reinstall them via Preware. Will this work?

16.    #36  
    Just to make sure this is what I think it is from following AUPT discussions...I will not have to remove patches before the next OTA update? Or I will still have to remove them, but Preware will remember and allow me to reinstall them all at once? Sorry, some the tech stuff is beyond my comprehension level. Thanks.
    You will not have to remove them. The only thing you have to do going forward with patches is let Preware guide you by letting you know when there are updates available.

-Eric G

Donate
    yeap and there goes the problems,,,,,,lol imma chill thanks
    You will not have to remove them. The only thing you have to do going forward with patches is let Preware guide you by letting you know when there are updates available.
    Yay! That's what I thought it was and I am even more thrilled than I already was. Now I am looking forward to 1.4 even more!!!

Yes. In a nutshell. Here is the process:

1) Oh boy! I am on 1.3.5.1 and I have 23 patches installed! WOOHOO! Go Me! I love these things!
    2) WOw! Really?!!? A WebOS Update is here?! COOL! But what about patches?
    3) Just Update WebOS. Don't worry about patches. Update WebOS with patches installed.
    4) After WebOS update is done and you get that "Update complete" screen, fire up Preware.
    5) You will see, "23 Updates". What?! Yes, all 23 of your patches have updates for the new webos version (either a REAL update, or a dummy package because it hadn't been ported yet.). NOTE: If it's a dummy package, it will stay installed to allow it to notify you when it is ported. It will show up as another "Update" when it is ported.
    6) Hit Update All. Yes, that's it. Done. Viola. All Patches updated. No messin around.

Cool?
    Last edited by dBsooner; 01/26/2010 at 11:56 PM.
    dBsooner
    WebOS-Internals Member and Developer
    Donations Appreciated!

Keep up to date with webOS-Patches via Twitter: @dBsooner

Browse Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal - (Trac)
    Submit New Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
    Submit Updated Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
    Waaaay Cool!

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast