Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Install the obsolete virtual kb then the real one. It will work
    No, it didn't
  2.    #362  
    Quote Originally Posted by alacrify View Post
    Tell me what you'd like from the webos-patches.log (2500 lines) - the ipkg errors all relate to the kbchars_fulltable.json files - "The next patch, when reversed, would delete the file user/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.72/resources/ then da_dk, de_ch, en_ca, etc. and three files -kbchars_fulltable.json, _azerty.json, and _qwertz.json.
    Does that help?
    Copy paste me the entire section for that patch. Is this removal?

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    Copy paste me the entire section for that patch. Is this removal?
    I don't know how to copy/past the ipkg log (so I'm a noob, sue me). And I'm going to EPR and start over and see if it helps - this has taken too much time as it is, and having 15 people tell me to do the same thing that didn't work five pages of posts ago isn't helping my cheery disposition.
  4.    #364  
    Quote Originally Posted by alacrify View Post
    I don't know how to copy/past the ipkg log (so I'm a noob, sue me). And I'm going to EPR and start over and see if it helps - this has taken too much time as it is, and having 15 people tell me to do the same thing that didn't work five pages of posts ago isn't helping my cheery disposition.
    USB mode, webos-patches.log...

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    If the update doesn't touch a package that is modified by an installed patch, the patch stays installed. Preware still sees it installed and it still works, but preware will also show an update to the higher version package. You update which removes the patch and then applies the new version. All is well.
    Thanks for the clarifications. You guys rock!
    I've tried everything. Looking at the IPKG error log in the install it states:

Install: Begin installation of org.webosinternals.patches.add-onscreen-keyboard
    Installing org.webosinternals.patches.add-onscreen-keyboard (1.3.5-3) to root....
    Downloading http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...1.3.5-3all.ipk
    Configuring org.webosinternals.patches.add-onscreen-keyboard

Hopfully this means something to someone and we can get some answers.

Thanks in advance!!!
    OOps. Forgot to mention my prior post is for the issue Im having reinstalling my VKB.
    im having trouble with ''IPKG Log error" wont allow me to download the new updated patches i already removed the old ones and everytime i try to download a new patch it states "IPKG Log Error" how do i fix it?

HELP
    PLEASE!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    Hey dude...
    I was thinking....could have ipkg remove have the same effect like ipkg install?
    Cause I am running the Sprint revision of the OS and I have removed the Sprint apps using ipkg remove...

Maybe the answer lies there...
    Thanks
    Vas
    Yes, that would likely cause it. What instructions told you to use ipkg without the -o switch on a Pre?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Just did the ECR, and now my phone just sits there with the palm text. What's that mean? To me it seems like I'm screwed. Can't even power the flipping thing off.
  11.    #371  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcumings View Post
    Just did the ECR, and now my phone just sits there with the palm text. What's that mean? To me it seems like I'm screwed.
    It means that your device is in the process of doing a full reboot. Give it a few minutes.

-Eric G

Donate
    It's been more than a few minutes. I'll keep waiting. I kind of expected to have the option of only deleting the 3 problem patches, and not ALL of them. Especially, since I had to go through the process of updating 83 of 86 patches today already.
  13.    #373  
    It's been more than a few minutes. I'll keep waiting. I kind of expected to have the option of only deleting the 3 problem patches, and not ALL of them. Especially, since I had to go through the process of updating 83 of 86 patches today already.
    States clearly in the description what it is going to do.

-Eric G

Donate
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I can't update advanced phone menu getting an error any ideas???
    I waited 20, then did the orange-sym-R - it rebooted and was fine after that (and now VKB is reinstalled). Now I've just got this weird theme issue - I removed the theme before EPR, then tried to reinstall after - it said it had, but didn't change anything. Remove, re-add, and finally used WOSQI to install from the zip file - which installed everything but the color of the header. Back to Preware, which didn't show the theme installed. Now I've uninstalled and I'm going to try a more recent theme and see if that one works.
    So how many minutes is a few. The phone is still sitting here with a black screen with a smaller palm text on it. Been like that for over 30 minutes now.
    Thanks. I think that did the trick.
    So how many minutes is a few. The phone is still sitting here with a black screen with a smaller palm text on it. Been like that for over 30 minutes now.

I had this happen once - after a VBA crash - I pulled the battery for a minute and then booted it back up... been working fine ever since.

Don't know that this will work for you, but there you have it.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    I can't update advanced phone menu getting an error any ideas???
    Same here, can't get it to update, can't get it delete.
    Also having the same issue with Enable Landscape Messaging.

Everything else updated fine (55), but was time consuming sine I had to do them one at a time because the AUPT wouldn't get past Advanced Phone Menu

Help would be greatly appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by gianthobbit View Post
    I just went into updates, tried clicking on update all as the directions say and I get a popup error "This Does nothing Yet!"... what do I have to do to get this to work?
    Never got an answer on this one? Should I just manually uninstall all the apps and then reinstall the updated version instead?
    Trying to give back for all the awesome help I have received. If anything I post is of any use, please hit the thanks button!