Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    I can't install any patches with preware, gettin the dependencies error every time
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by missbrunett419 View Post
    How come I can't find it? What am I doing wrong?
    There is nothing really to "find".

If you have previously installed PreWare using webOS Quick Install and subsequently installed some patches, then what should happen is when you run PreWare again (making sure your feeds are updating when you do), ALL of your patches installed on your Pre that are available in PreWare (I presume even if you installed them with webOS QI) will show that there is an update available. You simply update the patches, either one at a time, or using Update All.

There are some potential hiccups along the road that include patches that are dependent on other patches and those individual cases have to be handled according to some instructions laid out in this thread. But I can tell you that with the 2 patches I had trouble updating or removing, I just used webOS QI to remove them and all seems fine.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by jdod; 01/28/2010 at 09:26 AM. Reason: found spelling error :)
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    Which patch was this? We'll have to remove it from the command line:

ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps remove org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-<title>

put the right title in depending on which patch it is...
    The patch that is stuck and won't update/remove is:

Add Select All and New Message

So I take it that this is the proper syntax to get only this patch removed, then I can reinstall it:

ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps remove org.webosinternals.patches.messagingadd-select-all-and-new-message

Am I correct in my thinking, just to use the Terminal app and type that in at the cmd prompt?
    Thanks for the help

@dbSooner - wasnt trying to be rude...that was more a confused remark...sorry if it came across wrong. But thanks to all for the input.
    I too am having the virtual kb patch issue... I was able to remove it but it won't reinstall... I just get the ipkg error
    Quote Originally Posted by dBsooner View Post
    Yes. In a nutshell. Here is the process:

1) Oh boy! I am on 1.3.5.1 and I have 23 patches installed! WOOHOO! Go Me! I love these things!
    2) WOw! Really?!!? A WebOS Update is here?! COOL! But what about patches?
    3) Just Update WebOS. Don't worry about patches. Update WebOS with patches installed.
    4) After WebOS update is done and you get that "Update complete" screen, fire up Preware.
    5) You will see, "23 Updates". What?! Yes, all 23 of your patches have updates for the new webos version (either a REAL update, or a dummy package because it hadn't been ported yet.). NOTE: If it's a dummy package, it will stay installed to allow it to notify you when it is ported. It will show up as another "Update" when it is ported.
    6) Hit Update All. Yes, that's it. Done. Viola. All Patches updated. No messin around.

Cool?
    I'm a little confused. How does this deal with patches that cause problems with a new WebOS update? There's nothing that would put WebOS into a 'clean' state before the update, so how does it work?

Just curious :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by threefiftyli View Post
    Can someone help?

I can't install any patches through preware now without getting

"ERROR: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for org.webosinternals.patches"

I have:

• Performed a EPR
    • I removed all the patches through WOSQI
    • Doctored 1.3.5.1
    • Preware states no patches are installed
    • Uninstalled Preware + Service
    • Reinstalled Preware + Service

What can I do to get it working again?
    Just wanted to update. I did a partial erase and it fixed my issues.
    Can someone help?

"ERROR: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for org.webosinternals.patches"

I have:

• Performed a EPR
    • Doctored 1.3.5.1

You need to check your Feeds. Make sure ALL are enabled. In Preware, bring down the app menu and select "Manage Feeds". Make sure all of those are ON. Then backswipe and hit the drop down menu again and select "Update Feeds".
    dBsooner
    WebOS-Internals Member and Developer
    Donations Appreciated!

Keep up to date with webOS-Patches via Twitter: @dBsooner

Browse Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal - (Trac)
    Submit New Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
    Submit Updated Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post

So I take it that this is the proper syntax to get only this patch removed, then I can reinstall it:

ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps remove org.webosinternals.patches.messagingadd-select-all-and-new-message

Am I correct in my thinking, just to use the Terminal app and type that in at the cmd prompt?
    Thanks for the help

@dbSooner - wasnt trying to be rude...that was more a confused remark...sorry if it came across wrong. But thanks to all for the input.
    You would run:

Code:
    ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps remove org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-add-select-all-and-new-message
    dBsooner
    Donations Appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    I'm a little confused. How does this deal with patches that cause problems with a new WebOS update? There's nothing that would put WebOS into a 'clean' state before the update, so how does it work?

There is no reason for it to be in a 'clean' state before an update. What happens during an update?

1) When you select "Download" in Updates it saves a bunch of ipk's to a temporary folder on the device.
    2) Once download is complete, you select "Install now". This will reboot the phone and install all the ipk's.
    3) The ipk's contain ALL the files that package needs. So what happens is your "dirty" files are overwritten with the new clean files.

In other words, the WebOS update doesn't care whats there before it updates. It will just overwrite everything it needs to.
    dBsooner
    Donations Appreciated!

10.    #350  
    Can someone help?

I have:

• Performed a EPR
    • Doctored 1.3.5.1

webos-internals feed is either off or package manager service didn't install correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by HeyBeerManTX View Post
    OK, i just went through all previous pages of issues, and didn't see anyone with a similar error message as me. Anytime I try to reinstall tweaks through WebOS QI, I get the following:

"Error: An error occured while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh

/media/crytofs/apps/usr/lib/ipbk/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-enable-add-delete-pages.postinst: line 24: /var/usr/bin/lsdiff: not found

Error: Cannot find /var/usr/bin/lsdiff"

This is the case for every patch attempted through PreWare or WebOS QI. I originally manually uninstalled OTA via PreWare, then tried to reinstall with that error message. Hooked up via USB to WebOS QI, updated WebOS QI, PreWare, and Package Manager. Tried reinstalling tweaks with the same error.

It appears that a folder named "/var/usr/bin/lsdiff" got deleted and now all patches won't install because it can't be found. Where would I recreate this folder?

.....Any other ideas?
    See above

Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    Only problems are SMS Tone patch and personal Avatar left, I deleted my-avatar.png from my mass storage, still wont update/uninstall...I dont want to use the EPR for two patches so any other ideas...
    Also, why have i been seeing people DR and then still have patches and or themes on their phones? I was thinking of DR'ing because i get flashes of some error when i hit luna or restart...Need for Speed wont even open says "too many cards" and i have uninstalled the tether patch, not sure what else to do...
    But what's the point of DR'ing if it's not going to clean the slate? How can i fix these two patches, and why isnt DR'ing clearing patches etc...thanks so much!
    The doctor doesn't touch the media partition anymore which is where all the ipkg and app info is, if you want a true clean slate you have to full erase and then doctor. Make sure to back up any photos, music or other files you need via USB mode before doing a full erase. Patches show as installed after a doctor because the ipkg info in media partition is still there but the files on the OS aren't actually modified anymore. New AUPT patches will be able to remove without error to clean up the ipkg data.

Quote Originally Posted by kirkdsmith70 View Post
    Same here... VKB error.
    Remove virtual-keyboard folder from USB mode.

Quote Originally Posted by sean007 View Post
    Can someone please help me? The problem I'm having is I made the mistake and forgot to remove all patches and theme before update 1.35. Here's the problem: some patches work, others don't and I can't remove or update any. I ran EMH and that made a few patches work but, now I can't remove my theme so I can run EPR. I have WebOS Quikinstall version 2.82 and it won't launch the themer to remove it no matter what I try. Please Help!
    QI 2.82 does NOT work for webos 1.3.5, follow the instructions on http://install.preware.org exactly. I would suggest backing up your USB mode data, performing full erase and doctor before continuing to ensure you are at a clean slate, although it is only a recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    There is nothing really to "find".

If you have previously installed PreWare using webOS Quick Install and subsequently installed some patches, then what should happen is when you run PreWare again (making sure your feeds are updating when you do), ALL of your patches installed on your Pre that are available in PreWare (I presume even if you installed them with webOS QI) will show that there is an update available. You simply update the patches, either one at a time, or using Update All.

There are some potential hiccups along the road that include patches that are dependent on other patches and those individual cases have to be handled according to some instructions laid out in this thread. But I can tell you that with the 2 patches I had trouble updating or removing, I just used webOS QI to remove them and all seems fine.

Hope this helps.
    Patches that are submitted to dBsooner's portal are all guaranteed to be built with AUPT technology. Any patch in the webos-patches feed is guaranteed to have AUPT (and always the latest patching technology). I have no control over other sources for patching, and that is up to other developers whether they use the open standard or not. Jason has assured everyone that he will be using AUPT compatibility in QI 3.0. QI-only patches/tweaks are up to Jason's implementation and any AUPT compatibility questions regarding the upcoming QI 3.0 can only be answered by him.

The best way to ensure a patch has AUPT is to submit it via dBsooner's portal. Every single patch submitted via dBsooner uses the exact same scripts to build the packages and thus are all guaranteed to have the exact same technology.

I only have control of patches found here: dBsooner's webOS-Patches Web Portal

Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post

Thanks for the help

Try to remove all other messaging patches first, and then use the command line as a last resort. (command line will forcibly remove the ipkg data and not run the unpatching script)

As dBsooner explained, OTA updates overwrite entire packages. The removal scripts in AUPT patches can "detect" when an OTA has overwritten the package and not try to reverse the patch (but simply remove the ipkg data). Since patches are in webos-version specific feed, each patch after a webos update is a placeholder package to notify you when it has been ported or already been ported.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    admist all these posts i just have one simple question. will the preware update for the patches fix patches installed with webOS quick install as well? i did the update successfully and preware is telling me i have none left to update. thanks
    donator to fine products like webOSquickinstall, preware, various apps, and a few themes. thanks to all for your hard work on the pre that i have no idea how to do!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dBsooner View Post
    There is no reason for it to be in a 'clean' state before an update. What happens during an update?

1) When you select "Download" in Updates it saves a bunch of ipk's to a temporary folder on the device.
    2) Once download is complete, you select "Install now". This will reboot the phone and install all the ipk's.
    3) The ipk's contain ALL the files that package needs. So what happens is your "dirty" files are overwritten with the new clean files.

In other words, the WebOS update doesn't care whats there before it updates. It will just overwrite everything it needs to.
    Ok, but what about stuff a WebOS update doesn't need to update that a patch has changed? I assume a webos update doesn't do a full format/install each time there is an update, does it? I guess it in all likelyhood wouldn't cause a problem since old stuff is old stuff is old stuff, but the potential would exist, I think.

Just trying to understand the inner workings. Thanks for the awesomeness that is preware+patches!
  13.    #353  
    Ok, but what about stuff a WebOS update doesn't need to update that a patch has changed? I assume a webos update doesn't do a full format/install each time there is an update, does it? I guess it in all likelyhood wouldn't cause a problem since old stuff is old stuff is old stuff, but the potential would exist, I think.

Just trying to understand the inner workings. Thanks for the awesomeness that is preware+patches!
    If the update doesn't touch a package that is modified by an installed patch, the patch stays installed. Preware still sees it installed and it still works, but preware will also show an update to the higher version package. You update which removes the patch and then applies the new version. All is well.

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Sorry for being such a noob but where do I execute this auto update patch? Preware? webOSquickinstall?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by niospecv View Post
    Sorry for being such a noob but where do I execute this auto update patch? Preware? webOSquickinstall?
    Run Preware and if you have updated feeds, all the patches that update will show up as updates.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I can't believe how good my timing was. I finally decided to install Preware yesterday not knowing that AUPT was then integrated into the app. Awesome job gang. So, is the Palm pre the official phone of the Linux community? I still can't get over the fact that I can get terminal access to webOS from my phone. Sweet
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    No patch I know of causes repeat OTA update, only known things are stuff that doesn't use open homebrew standards and install package info directly to / (i.e. use ipkg install without -o flag)
    Hey dude...
    I was thinking....could have ipkg remove have the same effect like ipkg install?
    Cause I am running the Sprint revision of the OS and I have removed the Sprint apps using ipkg remove...

Maybe the answer lies there...
    Thanks
    Vas
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kirkdsmith70 View Post
    Same here... VKB error.

Eric, I don't know how to be clearer - the virtual-keyboard folder is gone. Deleted it with internalz, and tried the command line after just in case that might clean up something. It is no more. It is an ex-folder. And I still get the install error.
  19.    #359  
    Quote Originally Posted by alacrify View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kirkdsmith70 View Post
    Same here... VKB error.

Eric, I don't know how to be clearer - the virtual-keyboard folder is gone. Deleted it with internalz, and tried the command line after just in case that might clean up something. It is no more. It is an ex-folder. And I still get the install error.
    There's an ipkg log from preware and webos-patches.log on your device, going to need more information from those.

-Eric G

Donate
    There's an ipkg log from preware and webos-patches.log on your device, going to need more information from those.
    Tell me what you'd like from the webos-patches.log (2500 lines) - the ipkg errors all relate to the kbchars_fulltable.json files - "The next patch, when reversed, would delete the file user/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.72/resources/ then da_dk, de_ch, en_ca, etc. and three files -kbchars_fulltable.json, _azerty.json, and _qwertz.json.
    Does that help?