Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by myblackz28 View Post
    I figured I would use EPR but its not showing up in preware (looked under list of everything). Where is it?
    its under...emergency patch removal
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    I dnt understand, My "Update All" doesn't work... ever since there was an "Update All" button in Preware.. it only say "This does nothing Yet!"... why is that?
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    I dnt understand, My "Update All" doesn't work... ever since there was an "Update All" button in Preware.. it only say "This does nothing Yet!"... why is that?
    u probably dont have the latest preware and package manager service installed
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    its under...emergency patch removal
    I typed in those words in the list of everything, nothing shows up!
    hmm try and update feeds again...if not...i have no clue..it showed up late last night for me
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    u probably dont have the latest preware and package manager service installed
    Well Preware is 0.9.12 and Pakage update is 0.9.27

And I dont have the option to update them... any thoughts?
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    Well Preware is 0.9.12 and Pakage update is 0.9.27

And I dont have the option to update them... any thoughts?
    i dont know the exact version numbers they have to be...but bc the update all function should work...i recommend like probably anybody else would is to remove preware and package manager service thru qi and then restart...then install them again and restart
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

just type emergency in the list of everything and look for emergency patch recovery!!!!
    Well I got all mine to update fine except for 1:

Add Select All and New Message

I get the IPKG error (during update or remove)

ErrorGenericMethodException: failure during pre-remove script execution.

Is there a command line that i can use to just remove that patch, without removing all the rest with it?
    All of my patches except for 2 updated with without issue. The ones with problems are:

1. Timestamp - Clean
    2. Launcher Page Selection Tabs

I tried update them and remove them via Preware to no avail. Then I attempted to uninstalled them via QuickInstall which produced error messages. I thought they were still removed since they were no longer listed as installed in QI. They are no longer listed as installed within Preware; however, when I attempt to install them, they fail during the post-install script execution:

(Launcher Page)
    7 out of 7 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css.rej

(Timestamps)
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects file to usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

I definitely know the Timestamps patch is still installed on my phone but have been unsuccessful at removing it via QI or with the command line.

Is there anyway to get these 2 patches working without have to remove ALL of my 60+ patches via EPR?

I'd really appreciate some help with this. Thanks in advance!
    still error here with the VK.. Try erasing usb folder and nothing , running the command in the terminal nothing, installing and uninstalling OVK and nothing.
    some other advice?
  12.    #232  
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    still error here with the VK.. Try erasing usb folder and nothing , running the command in the terminal nothing, installing and uninstalling OVK and nothing.
    some other advice?
    error removing or error installing?

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    I only have 7 patches installed, including the add/delete launcher pages and named launcher pages patches.

When the patches are reinstalled after a WebOS update will the prior number of pages and names be restored or will I have to do what I have done with other updates and go through reassigning everything again?

Second question. If, in the past, we have had to remove all the patches prior to a OS update, why does this eliminate that need?

In other words, does this do anything major for those of us with only a few patches?

Still, great work guys!
    some other advice?
    i took these steps...1st installed vk...got error...than installed obsolete...then went on usb...backed up virtual keyboard file and deleted it....went on preware and installed vk...went back on usb and put back my themes and the custom .json that i have...and all is fine
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Do you know if Jason's Webos Quickinstall will incorporate this technology? Many of us have created patches that never show up in Preware but would like to see this feature there as well.
    First, yes, Jason's will use this. Second, and this is the most important:

The NEW WebOS-Patches Web Portal I created (dBsooner's webOS-Patches Web Portal) has made it MUCH easier for me to review and approve the patches. Further, it has made it ten fold easier for the patch creators to submit an "update" to a specific patch. I urge anyone that has patches not currently in the feed for Preware/WOSQI Feeds to submit them via the portal. I promise I can get them added VERY quickly now. It literally can take me less than 5 minutes to approve a group of 10 or more patches. So PLEASE make use of the new portal and get them to me.

Also, the new Portal has the browsing capability. So you can see what patches ARE ported to a new webos version as well as ones that have not ported yet.

Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    What about themes? Will they need to be removed?
    I stress this ... "YES!" Until themes fully incorporate AUPT, it is imperative that you remove themes prior to a webos update. PLEASE do this. Themes are the #1 point of failure for issues before, during and after a WebOS update.

Quote Originally Posted by rluzum View Post
    So patches like"Auto-Enable IP Forwarding In Mobile Hotspot" will still need to be removed before an OTA update since that patch is not in preware, unless WebOSQI updates before that time? Do i have that correct?

And also, just to confirm... at this point, would themes still need to be removed before an OTA update?
    As for patches not in Preware, yes, at this time remove them. However, I expect WOSQI to be using AUPT very very shortly.

Themes: See previous statement by me.

Quote Originally Posted by rkkeller View Post
    What about themes? Do we still have to remove them before a Palm OS update?
    Themes: See my statement above.

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Is there technical information on how the AUPT performs the automatic updates after an OTA update? I'm curious about how every single scenario could be accounted for. For instance, a source file in webOS 1.3.5 may have been modified for a patch, but in webOS 1.4.0 that source file may not exist or may be renamed. Or a particular routine within a module may be moved, renamed, or deleted. I can think of many different scenarios that may occur to the webOS source files during an OTA update, so I was just wondering how AUPT guarantees that all files are updated properly as to not break any OS functionality.
    Eric pointed out exactly how this works: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2181828

Quote Originally Posted by fonefanatic View Post
    What about themes? Will they need to be removed before an OTA or does this fix them also? PS you guys are awsome coming up with this finally
    Again, read my above statement about themes.

Quote Originally Posted by dan94darling View Post
    So I used EPR to clear out all my patches instead of Luna Restarting every single one. But now after I EPR'd, to download any of them I am getting an IPK Error. Any clue what to do next???
    I am not going to answer what to do next. However, I am going to point out something:

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESTART LUNA AFTER EVERY PATCH DURING AN UPDATE ALL. In fact, you can sit there and install as many patches as you want while in Preware, then when done restart luna. That is why there is the magic "LATER" button on that prompt. Please use it.

Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    Well I got all mine to update fine except for 1:

Add Select All and New Message

I get the IPKG error (during update or remove)

Is there a command line that i can use to just remove that patch, without removing all the rest with it?
    I am going to point this out:

This is NOT the error text. This just tells us there was an error. Please scroll ALL THE WAY TO THE BOTTOM of the IPKG log (flick scroll) and find where it says "FAILED" or something similar. THIS is the error. What is bolded above here is just telling us an error occurred during the prerm script.

Good luck!
    dBsooner
    WebOS-Internals Member and Developer
    Donations Appreciated!

Keep up to date with webOS-Patches via Twitter: @dBsooner

Browse Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal - (Trac)
    Submit New Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
    Submit Updated Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
    just type emergency in the list of everything and look for emergency patch recovery!!!!
    I typed emergency in the list of everything and this is what shows up:

limited emergency button
    move emergency call

i updated feeds and still nothing!
    Ok, I wanted to start with a clean slate when 1.4 came but it looks like I can do it ahead of time. I just doctored my phone so should I only install the patches I had that are available on Preware? I got a few patches off the forums and a few are WOQI specific. I should just hold off on those in the meantime until 3.0 arrives correct?

I got a downloaded a patch from Precentral and installed it through WOQI. Will 3.0 turn it AUPT compatible?
    Last edited by stir fry a lot; 01/27/2010 at 03:19 PM.
  18.    #238  
    I typed emergency in the list of everything and this is what shows up:

limited emergency button
    move emergency call

i updated feeds and still nothing!
    turn on webos-internals feed or re-install package manager service if it's already on.

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    error removing or error installing?
    installing!
  20.    #240  
    installing!
    Detail ipkg log

-Eric G

Donate