Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    I don't see it to download in PREWARE Catelog. Am I missing something. This patch is just what the dr. ordered. Thanks for this when I can find it!
    uh oh... just tapped the restart button that came up after updating all and now my phone is stuck on the palm logo screen... getting nervous...

Edit: finally reboted after 20 minutes
    I woke up this and checked preware like I always do and it showed I had 10 package updates(all of my patches). I then picked the VK patch and tried to update and got the IKPG error, I then ran the EPR and tried again. Now I have no patches and on a luna restart it will restart three times. I then Installed the VK patch and I get this(see pic).The patch shows up but does not work. I just uninstalled the VK patch and now my Luna does not restart three times in a row. How can I fix this??
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    I would like to announce the long-awaited release of AUPT! Auto-Update Patch Technology is a major upgrade to the existing patching technology found in all homebrew patches in the webos-patches feed. AUPT is a smarter version of the existing scripts that can better detect when files are already modified by a patch and/or already removed. This will help to allow patches to be installed/removed even after faulty installs, partial or full erases, webos doctors and even OTA updates to new WebOS versions!

All patches in the webos-

"
    2.) When the "install" part of the remove/install update process for a patch fails, Preware's installed list doesn't refresh automatically so the failed patch still lists on the update screen as installed. You can workaround this by updating feeds or tapping "remove" on the left-over package in Preware."

I've updated feeds and still update-all don't work

what do you mean by remove? if I tap remove it REMOVES the application altogether
    Great Job Guys!!!!! and Thanks!!!

I changed my feeds so it doesn't show any of the Palm cat, or web, or beta stuff, i am only showing Optware, Precentral, webos-in, and webos-pat so i dont have to update all on a bunch of junk I don't want to. I am showing though both Obsolete keyboard and Virtual Keyboard... am I looking at a conflict if I update all? or should I install one before the other, or should I just EPR and start over from scratch so it's a fresh start with the new functions of Preware? or just remove the VK and install the OBVK before I try the update all?

Thanks for any and all help
    There's always next year!
    Seems to started to work, I deleted the old VK file in the USB partition.
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    84 package updates here! crazy!
    Just updated 15 patches no trouble at all, will be donating as soon as I sort my paypal account out or might even just use the mrs one. Cheers guys, awesome work.
    Thanks!!
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    I too had an error with the VK patch and could not re-install it after it let me remove it (or so I thought) I just deleted the entire VK folder on my pre in USB mode then reinstalled it via preware and now all is right with the world. Was the question of themes needing to be removed b4 a web OS update answered?

I would assume so since patches apps and themes are all seperate beasts and this is just for patching, like pre ware was for apps. and im sure later something will come for themes.. besides you can only have one theme at a time so just to remove one thing vs the many at a earlier stage of the game would be quite lazy when these guys put all this work into AUPT! Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    Great work! I noticed a new dependency for lsDiff. My guess is that AUPT uses this, but I went and installed that first just to be sure. Then I did the update all and it applied all of my needed patches with no problems. Thanks for the effort you put in for this!
    How did you install the lsdiff file? I can't find it anywhere...
  12.    #192  
    Quote Originally Posted by scuzlebutt View Post
    Great Job Guys!!!!! and Thanks!!!

I changed my feeds so it doesn't show any of the Palm cat, or web, or beta stuff, i am only showing Optware, Precentral, webos-in, and webos-pat so i dont have to update all on a bunch of junk I don't want to. I am showing though both Obsolete keyboard and Virtual Keyboard... am I looking at a conflict if I update all? or should I install one before the other, or should I just EPR and start over from scratch so it's a fresh start with the new functions of Preware? or just remove the VK and install the OBVK before I try the update all?

Thanks for any and all help
    Remove the OBVK first, it was a bug in it that left it "installed". Do not install/update it while VKB patch is installed, otherwise VKB remove will not work.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
  13.    #193  
    Quote Originally Posted by CooLOnE View Post
    How did you install the lsdiff file? I can't find it anywhere...
    Preware will install it automatically. If it can't find it that is because the webos-internals feed is either off or not installed properly. If not installed properly, re-install package manager service.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    thanks guys
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    I'm stuck at all the browser patches, I can't update or remove any of them, just keeps throwing errors, anyone else?
    Just one issue here...

I did not have any patches installed at all, as I was waiting for this update. I've successfully installed all of the patches I wanted except one - the virtual keyboard. I get the "Error Installing: See IPKG Log" message.

Any suggestions/fixes?

Thank you!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    That command will remove all patches not just the ones you are having trouble with
    ok this is the deal...i had 55 patches to update last night....5 didnt go so well....the rest did...so i EPRed and all patches went away except the 5....so i ran that command which egaudet gave me and it fixed my problem...and then i installed all my patches all over again
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Wait, what the heck is going on here? Right now, according to Preware, I now have no patches installed, yet my 4x4 patch is obviously working? How would I update or remove these patches if they're not even showing as installed anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by qbngator View Post
    Just one issue here...

I did not have any patches installed at all, as I was waiting for this update. I've successfully installed all of the patches I wanted except one - the virtual keyboard. I get the "Error Installing: See IPKG Log" message.

Any suggestions/fixes?

Thank you!!!
    first install the obsolete keyboard...then go to ur usb drive...back up and delete the virtual keyboard file.....then go back to preware and install vk...then go back to usb and put back the themes and the .json the way u had it b4
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Thanks Everyone!!!! You are all awesome. I updated all 55 patches fine. I did about 15 one at a time before hitting the update all button. Worked great. I feel another donation is due. Thanks again.