1.    #1  
    I'm wondering if someone can write a patch that will display the elapsed time since a call in the call log the way Android (at least Android 2.0--don't know about other versions) devices do. Currently, for known contacts, I see this:

FirstName LastName
    (555) 555-5555
    Mobile HH:MM AM 37 min 21 sec

Obviously I have the call duration in call log patch installed so I'd hope the patch I'm requesting could either play nice with that patch or incorporate its functionality so I can uninstall it and replace.

What I'd LIKE to see is something like this:

FirstName LastName
    (555) 555-5555 (28 mins ago)
    Mobile HH:MM AM 37 min 21 sec

FirstName LastName
    (555) 555-5555 (1hr 23 mins ago)
    Mobile HH:MM PM 2 min 59 sec

This could work at least two ways that I've thought of:
    1)The current days calls could be updated when the call log scene is loaded and calls made prior to the current day are ignored.
    2)The current days calls could be updated when the call log scene is loaded and calls made on previous days could be tagged with the group header that already exists:

-YESTERDAY--------------------
    FirstName LastName
    (555) 555-5555 (YESTERDAY)
    Mobile HH:MM PM 15 min 2 sec

-SUN--------------------------
    FirstName LastName
    (555) 555-5555 (SUN)
    Mobile HH:MM PM 57 sec

FirstName LastName
    (555) 555-5555 (SUN)

-JAN 10, 2010-----------------
    FirstName LastName
    (555) 555-5555 (JAN 10, 2010)

So, what does everyone else think? Is anyone else interested in this functionality? I'm sorry I didn't mock this up in PhotoShop...I'm at work and don't have PhotoShop on my work PC--also I suck at PhotoShop.

For all of the inevitable "why is this necessary just do math stupid" comments that are sure to come: I know it's not necessary. I like the way it looks on my girlfriend's Droid and I don't see any harm in adding the feature to WebOS via a patch.
    Last edited by teej51685; 01/26/2010 at 02:57 PM. Reason: typo fix
    Hey Man The More Patches The Better i Say..
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
    Why?
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Why?
    Excellent question!

It tells you what time the call came in so do the math.

call comes in at 2:32 and its 4:21 = 2hrs and 19 mins ago
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

5.    #5  
    Because the implementation of the same feature in Android looks pretty slick. Also, when you get a lot of calls in a day the header might not be visible when viewing entries at the bottom of that day's calls. Furthermore the header is easy to miss if you're scrolling through your log quickly looking for a specific day. This would make it easier to scroll to a specific day.
  6.    #6  
    Also, what's with people always asking "Why?" to these requests? We all know not everyone likes every patch but the options make WebOS homebrew great.

I know I can do the math. But, again, it's a slick feature in Android. I never would've thought of this had I not seen it there first.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Why?
    I Guess The Better Question Is... Why Not??
    My HTC Evo Is Great...