1.    #1  
    I have read several rumors about patches will have an update to not have to remove patches anymore. I am writing to see if this is true and will this be soon for when 1.4 comes out? I havent seen a thread posted about it, nor have I heard anything since 1.3.5.1 was pushed out. What I have read was that people have updated their phone from 1.3.1 to 1.3.5 and 1.3.5.1 without uninstalling any patches, and have not had any problems with their phone since then. Is there any confirmation on this new update that we will not have to remove patches?
    I could see in some cases this may be true as the new updates are rolled out in packages- ie... only an actual update, and not a whole OS image per se.... but lets say you have a patch or tweak made to something in your messaging stylesheets or a scrim for your phone background- and lets say... plam decides to move the location of the phones actual scrim- or totally overhauls the messaging client. Your patch now becomes null and void and is a bunch of jibberish in the code that the update doesnt know what to do with and can still break things- or leave things partially modified.

Still a good idear to wipe it all.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossm812 View Post
    I could see in some cases this may be true as the new updates are rolled out in packages- ie... only an actual update, and not a whole OS image per se.... but lets say you have a patch or tweak made to something in your messaging stylesheets or a scrim for your phone background- and lets say... plam decides to move the location of the phones actual scrim- or totally overhauls the messaging client. Your patch now becomes null and void and is a bunch of jibberish in the code that the update doesnt know what to do with and can still break things- or leave things partially modified.

Still a good idear to wipe it all.
    Yea thats what I thought thanks.
    I oversimplified it from a technical standpoint... but I think it made sense... lol.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Awhile back the Preware devs posted a roadmap which included a one button upgrade option. Basically it would do the work of moving themes and patched out of the way, doing the webOS upgrade, and then putting things back (presumably only if the patches are in the approved list for the new version).
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    Awhile back the Preware devs posted a roadmap which included a one button upgrade option. Basically it would do the work of moving themes and patched out of the way, doing the webOS upgrade, and then putting things back (presumably only if the patches are in the approved list for the new version).
    Interesting if you can find that link can you please post it on here....
    Its called AUPT and will be released very soon!

for more info go to freenode Web IRC (qwebirc)
    channel webos-internals
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.