Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I have been looking through the threads on Mobile Hotspot and have not seen a solution to the following.

My SpeedTest is coming back with 200Kbs or less and an upload speed below that. I do have EVDO coverage and have tested this at home and at work. Have others come across this?
    Are you using a Sprint Pre or a Verizon Pre Plus? Verizon's network is generally slower than Sprint's
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

Speed seems really slow on sprint. Anybody know how to make it faster?
    Download slower than upload? (And both abysmal. So is the ping.) Something seems wrong.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Try this:

Open up the phone app, go into preferences, and then hit the "Network Update" button.

Then see if you get any better speeds. YMMV of course.
    Updating his PRL isn't going to improve his data speeds.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theweaselslayer View Post
    Updating his PRL isn't going to improve his data speeds.
    I didn't say PRL. I said the "Update Network" settings button. The update PRL is another choice within the phone app.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I was getting similar speeds...I actually found a no flash speed test and was getting the same results. So this is not a hot spot issue as I had thought. I did the network update (and the PRL for good measure). I did get better speeds, up to 500Kbs...still not great, but better. I am heading in to the city tomorrow where there is really good coverage. I'll see if I can get 1Mbs+
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    did try to update network network but did not work
    Quote Originally Posted by myculito View Post
    Try this:

Open up the phone app, go into preferences, and then hit the "Network Update" button.

jajaja.. Your culito!!!
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Making progress. I added the download "remove" throttle patch from preware and got speeds up to 700K.
    I didn't say PRL. I said the "Update Network" settings button. The update PRL is another choice within the phone app.
    Ah, yes. My apologies. I'm not certain that would improve speed either, though. That's usually a make or break thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by gigaorg View Post
    Making progress. I added the download "remove" throttle patch from preware and got speeds up to 700K.
    I think that only speeds up downloads that use the Palm download manager; web browsing shouldn't change.
    Try this:

I must be blind I don't see a Network Update button in the phone app. or do you mean the device info app? For the preferences in my phone app there is Voice Network which is set to automatic and Data Roaming which is turned off.

Clifton
    How did you get Mobile Hotspot to work with 1.4? I have read may of the threads about it, but it seems there are many different types of instructions and even though I thought I was getting good at installing this stuff, I don't really understand the instructions given. Does anyone have a step by step?

Thanks