Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    EDIT: Working Again....NOT compatible w/ battery patches!

Here we go
    1)install Patch
    2)create a folder named scrims (lower case) on the root of your Pre's usb drive.
    3)Use the same pic you are using for your wallpaper and place it in your scrims folder and name it statusbar-scrim.png

This will not change if you use switcharoo wallpaper changer.

You can save extras in the wallpapers folder in a folder named .scrims (dont forget the . or they will show up in the photos app) and change them whenever you want using internals.

You can use the battery patch if you only use a black background

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 2sslow; 01/24/2010 at 05:30 PM.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

nice,I'm about to install it and what about the corners , how am I suppose to eliminate?

thanks, great patch!
    This is great, but as un_designer explained, this will not work for those with dynamic changing wallpapers (switcharoo, etc).
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzader View Post
    This is great, but as un_designer explained, this will not work for those with dynamic changing wallpapers (switcharoo, etc).
    True but you can also change the scrim as often as you want using internals,
    Just keep them on your Pre in the wallpapers folder in a folder called .scrims and change them at will.

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    nice,I'm about to install it and what about the corners , how am I suppose to eliminate?

thanks, great patch!
    You have to use the squareify corners tweak in WOSQI

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    You have to use the squareify corners tweak in WOSQI
    nice , thanks again!
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Not sure what im doing wrong but the patch wont work for me
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruth09 View Post
    Not sure what im doing wrong but the patch wont work for me
    remember you have to put a copy of your wallpaper in the scrims folder , if you dont have the folder just create a folder with the name scrims and rename the wallpaper statusbar-scrim.png
  9.    #9  
    Edit: Back Up
    Last edited by 2sslow; 01/24/2010 at 05:29 PM.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    i did both of those. The scrims folder is in the root right?
    Ok so I am having a problem installing the patch...I get the following error

Error 5
    Command: put file:///media/cryptofs/apps/etc/ipkg/arch.conf
    Reply:file open failed

Im running the latest version of WebOS and I have developer mode enabled. I am installing the patch through WOSQI.
    OK so back to square one....cruzader, undesigner....I hope you all are still up for figuring this out.
  13.    #13  
    Edit: Back Up

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    works great thanks
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Are u wanting us to name the folder .scrims? cause i cant get it to work without the dot and u cant name a folder .anything.
    Sanyo basic Flip phone- Moto Krazer- Moto Razer2- Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruth09 View Post
    Are u wanting us to name the folder .scrims? cause i cant get it to work without the dot and u cant name a folder .anything.
    You can search to find how to name a folder with a period in front. It's pretty important if you don't want to see the scrim in the Photo app.

You can also achieve this in the terminal app or I believe you can create one with a period using Internalz.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    naming its not the problem now. i figured it out. i still cant ge the patch to work though. i have the file in a .scrims folder, and a scrims folder cause i cant figure out which one the patch needs.
    Sanyo basic Flip phone- Moto Krazer- Moto Razer2- Palm Pre
  18.    #18  
    The first post explains this!

scrims folder on the usb drive for the statusbar-scrim.png you are currently using, Extras to be saved in wallpapers/.scrims for changing wallpapers.... the .scrim folder is hidden from showing when you open photos app.

Follow the link below.

lol! 2sslow...I will just wait for this wonderful patch to appear in Preware. Download it and be done with this!
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by darkheart777 View Post
    lol! 2sslow...I will just wait for this wonderful patch to appear in Preware. Download it and be done with this!
    Still waiting to hear from dbsooner at PreWare. hopefully soon!

Follow the link below.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast