Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    Hello all,
    Is there a patch available that will show the sender/recipient of an SMS message?
  2. #2  
    just hit the title bar and it brings up all the user's profile info.
  3. waddle's Avatar
    Posts
    167 Posts
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    #3  
    There should be a call button on the title bar.
  4.    #4  
    Sorry, I wrote that in a hurry and didn't engage brain.
    If I explain my situation, it may help you to see my question.

    My girlfriend spends a lot of time out of the country and has a separate sim card for here and for the visiting country. As such, I have two mobile numbers for her (plus landlines etc.). Now, if I text the English sim from my English number, it will cost me nothing (well, the inclusive cost of a UK text). If I text her foreign sim, it costs me a fortune.
    When she texts me, I would like to know which of her numbers she is sending from before I go and reply. Also, if I need to send a message to her foreign number, it will default to that number until I change it back. If I forget to check, it will cost me dearly!
    So, I am asking about a way of getting their number to show e.g. where the timestamp is. Or, at least say 'mobile' or 'home' and I can set aside a different function for that number.

    Does that make a little more sense?
  5. waddle's Avatar
    Posts
    167 Posts
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben_K View Post
    Sorry, I wrote that in a hurry and didn't engage brain.
    If I explain my situation, it may help you to see my question.

    My girlfriend spends a lot of time out of the country and has a separate sim card for here and for the visiting country. As such, I have two mobile numbers for her (plus landlines etc.). Now, if I text the English sim from my English number, it will cost me nothing (well, the inclusive cost of a UK text). If I text her foreign sim, it costs me a fortune.
    When she texts me, I would like to know which of her numbers she is sending from before I go and reply. Also, if I need to send a message to her foreign number, it will default to that number until I change it back. If I forget to check, it will cost me dearly!
    So, I am asking about a way of getting their number to show e.g. where the timestamp is. Or, at least say 'mobile' or 'home' and I can set aside a different function for that number.

    Does that make a little more sense?
    you are right
  6. #6  
    Would it make more sense just to set her up with 2 different contact profiles?

    Girlfriend - local number, landline, etc.
    Girlfriend ($$) - foreign #

    That way when the sms comes in, you already know its foreign just by the name that pops up...
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by turbooxide View Post
    Would it make more sense just to set her up with 2 different contact profiles?
    I can, but it's not the most eloquent solution!
  8. #8  
    I agree with OP, its annoying when someone has two cell phones (more and more common these days) and us webos users don't have a way to find out which number the sms was sent from.

    Along with the two phones problem, I also have a unique problem with this. A friend's facebook profile lists her work cell number (which I cannot delete unless I don't want Synergy to sync fb contacts) along with her personal number I have in Google contacts. For some reason my phone defaults to her work/fb number and I mistakenly send personal texts to her work number!

    This does not seem like something that would be difficult to fix. Any suggestions? Anyone in the same boat as the OP and myself?
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by a dumb cat View Post
    I agree with OP, its annoying when someone has two cell phones (more and more common these days) and us webos users don't have a way to find out which number the sms was sent from.

    Along with the two phones problem, I also have a unique problem with this. A friend's facebook profile lists her work cell number (which I cannot delete unless I don't want Synergy to sync fb contacts) along with her personal number I have in Google contacts. For some reason my phone defaults to her work/fb number and I mistakenly send personal texts to her work number!

    This does not seem like something that would be difficult to fix. Any suggestions? Anyone in the same boat as the OP and myself?
    This is actually a Palm issue that has existed since launch day. There is currently no way to assign a primary number to a contact. I've yet to figure out how synergy is assigning them as the main phone number when more than one profile exists for a single contact (highlighted when typing a contact so that you can send an SMS/MMS).
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    This is actually a Palm issue that has existed since launch day. There is currently no way to assign a primary number to a contact. I've yet to figure out how synergy is assigning them as the main phone number when more than one profile exists for a single contact (highlighted when typing a contact so that you can send an SMS/MMS).
    A 'primary profile' feature is available (tap the name/picture line at the top of a contact to change), but this still does not allow for a 'primary number' assignment, which are two different things. I honestly do not know what this does aside from changing which picture to use (i.e. either from Google contacts or fb)

    Patch request forming?
  11. Trident's Avatar
    Posts
    337 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    This is actually a Palm issue that has existed since launch day. There is currently no way to assign a primary number to a contact. I've yet to figure out how synergy is assigning them as the main phone number when more than one profile exists for a single contact (highlighted when typing a contact so that you can send an SMS/MMS).
    Quote Originally Posted by a dumb cat View Post
    A 'primary profile' feature is available (tap the name/picture line at the top of a contact to change), but this still does not allow for a 'primary number' assignment, which are two different things. I honestly do not know what this does aside from changing which picture to use (i.e. either from Google contacts or fb)

    Patch request forming?
    I've wondered about this for a long time.
    The other related issue that I've had is not being able to edit some synced numbers- especially when they are the primary number!
    My mother thought it was a good idea to put 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx for her numbers on her FB account. For some reason, I can't have another profile listed as primary and still have her FB picture used on my Pre. And when those numbers are shown- I can't edit the FB profile info.
    The phone really doesn't care if the "1" is dialed, but it's really irrelevant at best.

    I'd like a patch that allows us to set any number as the primary and to be able to edit the shown number. (I obviously don't need the ability to edit the FB profile of other people- just how it shows up on my Pre.)

Posting Permissions