Page 1 of 53 1234561151 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    ***While we are going to permit discussion on the topic of Palm Mobile Hotspot on other carriers, under no circumstances may you post links to a copy of this software. The Mobile Hotspot app is Palm software and only authorized for distribution by Verizon. Distributing it for other carriers isn’t allowed and violates the user’s agreement with those carriers.***

Thank you for your co-operation.
    -Your Moderators

----------------------------------------------------------
    Try this at your own risk! Many people have not been able to get this to work yet.

Drew Pre has a method for WebOS 1.4 Here:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2287155

Once done, you should be able to fire up MHS and begin tethering again.

THE FOLLOWING IS OUT DATED INFO SAVING JUST FOR REFERENCE

PHASE 1 GET YOUR IPK's

Code:
    <<Link Removed - Do not post links to illegal distributions of Palm software>>

http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/testing/armv7/us.ryanhope.freetetherd_0.0.3_armv7.ipk

http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/testing/all/us.ryanhope.freetether_0.0.1_all.ipk
    NOTE: You need all 3 of these files for this to work

PHASE 2 QUICKINSTALL

Download and run the latest quickinstall HERE:

Code:
    http://www.precentral.net/sites/precentral.net/files/webos-homebrew-apps/wosqi/WebOSQuickInstall.jar
    Run it and Then press the Arrow button (third from top) when the feeds page loads do the following:

1.- Click the dropdown menu and "Manage Custom Feeds"

2.- Click add, then put in a name(I chose "Webos-internals-testing-arm7"), put in this URL :
    Code:
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/testing/armv7/Packages
    3.- Click "Close", then CLOSE the other feeds window

4.- Open the down arrow downloads screen again, now find your new testing feed in the download.

5.- download and install the freetetherd service

Then install the 3 IPK's (install them with webosquickinstall by press ing the "+" button after they are downloaded. Be sure to unpack the mobilehotspot one first, it is zip'd)

PHASE 3 RUN THE NEW APPS

1.- Run FreeTether and enable BOTH options (swipe both sliders to the right) Be sure a IP address is listed in the first option if not, something is wrong try a restart, if that doesn't work reinstall FreeTether

2.- Run Mobile hotspot, rename your network if you like by changing the default.

3. When you have finished tweaking your settings enable it and connect with your laptop! You will hear a chime, if your sound is enabled, as well as get a visual notification confirming that your device is connected.

4. If you are using windows and have problems, with it telling you it is "local only" Disable your wireless router and re-enable it.

Enjoy, it runs like a charm.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 08/30/2010 at 01:10 PM.
    Jason Robitaille also has a thread on this @here

More or less:

I followed this order & it worked perfectly =]

EDIT: New IPK link.
    Last edited by Veritas06; 01/24/2010 at 11:00 AM. Reason: New IPK Link.
  3.    #3  
    Great, thanX I am glad you have second post slot, saves ppl ALOT of digging
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Very concise! Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by crossweb View Post
    Great, thanX I am glad you have second post slot, saves ppl ALOT of digging
    No problem. I just thought i'd post since most users ( at least i hoped ) would be asleep so there would be a few posts they could read & follow to get this working.
    Last edited by Veritas06; 01/24/2010 at 02:50 AM. Reason: Correction
    I can't seem to download the Mobile Hotspot App.

I am getting a vBulletin Error:
    "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

Is there a mirror for the app?
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 08/30/2010 at 10:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pebcak_error View Post
    I can't seem to download the Mobile Hotspot App.

I am getting a vBulletin Error:
    "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

Is there a mirror for the app?
    Admin. must of pulled the thread..... it was also in preware about 15 min ago i downloaded and installed it.... got a pop up message from Sprint saying i didn't have the right plan to run this app. please contact your carrier.
    i installed freetether and tried it still got the same message.
    Uninstalled Mobile Hotspot..... NOW preware when you try to install Moblie Hotspot it says this app. is not avaliable for your carrier......

SPRINT is getting smarter like i've been saying all day
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 08/30/2010 at 10:42 AM.
    I don't buy it. Its working fine for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    I don't buy it. Its working fine for me.
    try to find anything that'll let you get Mobile Hotspot ....... every link i've done it hasn't let me.... i mean i could be completely wrong (kinda hope i am) but it is what it is
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    It is attached at the bottom of the OP.

Works for me.
    everything worked great for me! just copy and paste the ipk links into your browser to download, then follow instructions. It took me like 5 minutes from start to finish.
    OP Has a working attachment =]
    I can;t seem to get it to work, everything is good until I try to connect with my laptop then the IP address goes for the number to null. Can anyone help with this? I've tried the restart and the re-install and nothing seems to work. Any suggestion would be appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by raziman View Post
    I can;t seem to get it to work, everything is good until I try to connect with my laptop then the IP address goes for the number to null. Can anyone help with this? I've tried the restart and the re-install and nothing seems to work. Any suggestion would be appreciated.
    Give it a minute to sit. Otherwise try to repair the connection via the wireless router. I got the null IP address earlier but after a minute of me repairing, then waiting, i was able to connect to the WebOs network and the internet.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I got this to work flawlessly thank you.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    What happened to the original thread? Even Jason Robitaille's article on Mobile Hot Spot is gone?!?! Is PreCentral policing for Sprint?

BTW, I'm running a Bell Mobility Pre w/ firmware 1.3.5.1. Mobile Hot Spot works GREAT in Canada too!!!
    Last edited by Quintus; 01/24/2010 at 06:13 AM.
    I'm thinking the same thing. One member on that thread had the same problem I am experiencing. I can't turn on my Mobile Hotspot. Any help on this?
    Blog Posts | The Mx Web

This link is similar to something in the original thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    What happened to the original thread? Even Jason Robitaille's article on Mobile Hot Spot is gone?!?! Is PreCentral policing for Sprint?
    It sure seems that way, yet they are still advertising it on the home page!
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mbsprinter View Post
    It sure seems that way, yet they are still advertising it on the home page!
    That is weird because the article no longer appears on the Pre|Central app but remains available for viewing on the full site.
Page 1 of 53 1234561151 ... LastLast