Page 9 of 53 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Oh, you are right, it is not quite as easy as I made it out to be- you DO have to enable the test feeds.
    Thanks anyway for the info - but I remain confused. How can we use the test feeds. I think I recall that there used to be a place to add a new feed, but it's not in my current version of Preware 0.9.18.... Are you an Alpha tester for the next version?
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Thanks anyway for the info - but I remain confused. How can we use the test feeds. I think I recall that there used to be a place to add a new feed, but it's not in my current version of Preware 0.9.18.... Are you an Alpha tester for the next version?
    I added the feed with novacom doing this: Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals

Then exited and started Preware and updated the feeds and there it was! I do love Preware. And I put my time where my mouth is- I just finished sending an Email to them with my suggestion about being able to install local ipk files (maybe they will listen).
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    I added the feed with novacom doing this: Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals

Then exited and started Preware and updated the feeds and there it was! I do love Preware. And I put my time where my mouth is- I just finished sending an Email to them with my suggestion about being able to install local ipk files (maybe they will listen).
    Thanks a bunch. Definitely didn't know about this... also I did search here at Precentral for Preware add testing feed and didn't see anything that looked helpful -- I hadn't searched at WebOS Internals though. (Not that you called me out on searching, but you could have).

I think the reason WebOS Internals (preware) doesn't support installing local ipks is one of security -- we'll see what they say back to you. I think they'd rather leave the local installs to WebOS QI rather than get into a place where someone could use Preware to do something that they don't have some minimal level of review / control over (since they currently control the feeds and could quickly 'turn off' any rogue apps that make it into their feed lists. Again, thanks for the advice with this.

On a more interesting note, I'm now up and running with MHS. 1.5 download and 0.5 Up using Speedtest.net. I got that Sprint warning so I'll be using this cautiously until we see how all of this ends up wrt Sprint and unauthorized tethering. Technically, I realize there's no reason to think there's any phone home code in the MHS, but I imagine Sprint would be able to review internet logs and see IE / Firefox rather than the Pre's browser....
    ok everything installed and connect to pre fine but get no internet says local only any help!!!!!!!!!
    also like to say the rapid link is dead. new source.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Working fine here. Thank you!
    ok someone help lol i have all set up works on windows 7 laptop. but when try on my vista laptop only get network no internet anyone have a fix
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    same here. i think it doesnt work with vista
    Quote Originally Posted by edinflorida View Post
    ok everything installed and connect to pre fine but get no internet says local only any help!!!!!!!!!
    Please read the zillion other posts. Again, this has been answered over and over again
    ok someone help lol i have all set up works on windows 7 laptop. but when try on my vista laptop only get network no internet anyone have a fix
    Right click on your Network Connection Icon > Click on "Network and Sharing Center > On the Pre's network click on "View Status" > In the Activity section click on "Diagnose" > Choose the option to reset your Network Adapter.

It seems I have to do this when switching to the Pre MHS connection from my home WiFi... i have not had to do it yet when the MHS was the only WiFi available.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Yes- install Linux
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    I got that Sprint warning so I'll be using this cautiously until we see how all of this ends up wrt Sprint and unauthorized tethering. Technically, I realize there's no reason to think there's any phone home code in the MHS, but I imagine Sprint would be able to review internet logs and see IE / Firefox rather than the Pre's browser....
    I doubt they have the resources to review logs and such (to see Firefox strings and etc)... there are just too many customers and too much data. Even logging such data would be an ENORMOUS undertaking. It is more likely they would reserve such analysis for customers who exceed X amount of data transfer. Unless, of course, they are using a forced proxy (which is quite possible) and it searches for such stuff automatically. Otherwise, I am still very leery of possible "phone home" spyware in it... since that is the only practical way they could know (for people like us, using it rarely).

I have only tethered a couple of times, and I have not seen this Sprint warning that you and a few others have spoken of, except the first time, when I had tetherd installed improperly and the ip forwarding was not working.
    I cant seem 2 downloadd tha file cuzz i only have 2 postts lol **** b4 i downloadd i wantedd 2 know iff itt still workks?
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Ok. I have tried everything I can think of. I reinstalled. Used patch. Took out patch. And I mean everything. And I still get the "No Sharing Service" "Sharing an internet connection requires an addition to your mobile service plan. Contact your carrier for help".

Please please, I need suggestions. I have tried searching here and nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    Ok. I have tried everything I can think of. I reinstalled. Used patch. Took out patch. And I mean everything. And I still get the "No Sharing Service" "Sharing an internet connection requires an addition to your mobile service plan. Contact your carrier for help".

Please please, I need suggestions. I have tried searching here and nothing.
    All I can say is you either have leftovers from mytether, or freetetherd is not installed correctly. Read all previous posts for hints (it is a pain- I wish this was more like a wiki).
    is your bluetooth turned off
    Damn works like a champ on my xp netbook. Posting tethered right now. SWEEETTT
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bjeremi View Post
    Damn works like a champ on my xp netbook. Posting tethered right now. SWEEETTT
    how? im not browsing at all...
    For me, each time a device connects or disconnects the EVDO goes away for 20 seconds and come backs, and remains until a device disconnects.

For those that are able to connect on their computers but it does not show on the MHS app, make sure your computers internet is set to automatically obtain IP, and rather is not set to a specific IP. If you are using windows XP go to "My network Places" >> View Connections>> Right Click on your wireless connection>> Properties >> Make sure it is set to automatically obtain IP.

Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    All I can say is you either have leftovers from mytether, or freetetherd is not installed correctly. Read all previous posts for hints (it is a pain- I wish this was more like a wiki).
    Never had mytether installed. Also, I have reinstalled freetether and freetetherd like new each time.

I installed MHS, freetether, and freetetherD at the same time. I'm close to doctoring my phone just to get this working.
Page 9 of 53 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast