Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950515253 LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1042
    So is WebOS Quick Installed used to install Homebrew Apps, Patches, and Themes off the computer and Preware is used to install Homebrew Apps, Patches, and Themes off the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by fastzipperus View Post
    So is WebOS Quick Installed used to install Homebrew Apps, Patches, and Themes off the computer and Preware is used to install Homebrew Apps, Patches, and Themes off the phone?
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by heltoupee View Post
    I am on Sprint, and did the 1.1.4 update through the App Catalog. It works fine, provided you use freetether to turn on IP Forwarding, because there is no patched IPK for 1.1.4 (yet) that does it for you.
    Are you saying that if 1.1.4 was patched you wouldn't need to use the freetether ipk? If that's the case why does one need to use the us.ryanhope.freetetherd_0.0.3_armv7.ipk with the com.palm.app.mobilehotspot_1.0.14_all-already_patched.ipk as stated earlier since the file name already states it's been patched?
    You need either:
    com.palm.app.mobilehotspot_(insert version number here)_all-already_patched.ipk
    and us.ryanhope.freetetherd_0.0.3_armv7.ipk

Or:
    a not patched MHS (insert version number here)
    us.ryanhope.freetetherd_0.0.3_armv7.ipk
    and some means to enable IP forwarding.

Some folks are using FreeTether to accomplish IP forwarding, others are using the Auto IP Forwarding patch.
    Trēo 650 -> Trēo 700P -> Trēo 755P -> Prē
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fastzipperus View Post
    Are you saying that if 1.1.4 was patched you wouldn't need to use the freetether ipk? If that's the case why does one need to use the us.ryanhope.freetetherd_0.0.3_armv7.ipk with the com.palm.app.mobilehotspot_1.0.14_all-already_patched.ipk as stated earlier since the file name already states it's been patched?
    Please see Mr. Happy's post above. (wow, that sounds wrong...) He has the information precisely correct. I am using the second method. I forgot about the need for freetetherd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr._Happy View Post
    You need either:
    com.palm.app.mobilehotspot_(insert version number here)_all-already_patched.ipk
    and us.ryanhope.freetetherd_0.0.3_armv7.ipk

Or:
    a not patched MHS (insert version number here)
    us.ryanhope.freetetherd_0.0.3_armv7.ipk
    and some means to enable IP forwarding.

Some folks are using FreeTether to accomplish IP forwarding, others are using the Auto IP Forwarding patch.

So since these can no longer be posted on this site, where can i get them. Can u please clue me in?
    Quote Originally Posted by hwardlaw01 View Post
    So since these can no longer be posted on this site, where can i get them. Can u please clue me in?
    You have a PM
    Please don't search for "com.palm.app.mobilehotspot_1.0.14_all-already_patched.ipk" with this warez apps like google or bing. This is illegal.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Please don't search for "com.palm.app.mobilehotspot_1.0.14_all-already_patched.ipk" with this warez apps like google or bing. This is illegal.
    Huh? Are you trying to control what people do?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Huh? Are you trying to control what people do?!?
    I've hoped the reason of that post was obvious ;-)
    You should know me better.
    You have a PM
    forgive my ignorance...PM...like private messager? yes its on
    forgive my ignorance...PM...like private messager? yes its on
    Private Message
    EDIT: Your Forum Mailbox
    You have a PM
    Private Message
    ok got one where do i get the auto ip forward ipk
    ok got one where do i get the auto ip forward ipk
    Seems you don't want to search? Sorry but this tethering stuff was posted 1000 times already.
    Seems you don't want to search? Sorry but this tethering stuff was posted 1000 times already.
    I did search and I didnt find it. Maybe Im looking for the wrong thing. Maybe you could just help me out. I'm just looking for help like others on this forum. Well everyone but you cause you've never asked for help, right?
    I did search and I didnt find it. Maybe Im looking for the wrong thing. Maybe you could just help me out. I'm just looking for help like others on this forum. Well everyone but you cause you've never asked for help, right?
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-1-4-bell.html
    Thanks you i have the MHS, but i was searching for the Auto-Enable IP Forwarding Mobile
    (auto-enable-ip-forwarding-in-mobile-hotspot-1.1.4.patch)

i didnt see it in preware as a patch, so was hoping someone would help me find it.
    Another Newbie to the Pre seeking the MHS. Please PM.
    You hopefully didn't follow this post?
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2738423
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    thx kind of need this