Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    I dunno if this is a dumb question or not...but will this allow me to have wifi anywhere I go? At all times??
    for some reason i cant get the ip address to show. Can anyone help?
    I have tried to uninstall and reinstall freetether.......but the damn program still wont show a ip address it just stays blanck....I have even tried to restart after ever uninstall reinstall.
    Quote Originally Posted by trizzcuitt View Post
    I have tried to uninstall and reinstall freetether.......but the damn program still wont show a ip address it just stays blanck....I have even tried to restart after ever uninstall reinstall.
    This is a recording...

"Reinstall freetetherd using Preware"
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by big****t View Post
    Just click OK and keep installing. Got that message on 3 Pres I put it on, and it works. And I still have and use MyTether. Its as easy as dragging the IPK to QInstall and clicking Install.
    Thanks,, I did this a few times using QuickInstall. I cannot get FreeTeather to show an IP address. Sounds like I need to install using PreWare.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I some how managed to get it to work....donno how? Thanks for the help guys!
    Had to doctor my phone for it to work....but, well it worked : - ). I dont think mytether is at fault for it not working, it must be some other patch, because I still have the paid mytether intalled.
    Check out my Light Blue theme and if you like please hit the thanks button or even better, donate.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kilroy View Post
    Been watching the original thread from the start, and the various spur threads after the original thread vaporized. Looks like I'm in the (small?) group of people who this doesn't work for. Installed this with WebOS QI 2.96, uninstalled it with the same, installed/uninstalled with Preware (before things "changed" in preware) but all lead to the same end result with the "Auth Error - Your service account does not allow internet connection sharing. Contact Sprint for help" message. I DO have a valid IP address in freeTether and both the IP Forwarding and NAT are enabled. Still camping out on various threads to see if someone with similar problems gets lucky.
    Turn your bluetooth off. For some reason when bluetooth is on it causes the auth error message.
    Quote Originally Posted by trizzcuitt View Post
    trizzcuitt, Perhaps you tried to use the palm USB passtrhough app and some passthrough has been set which needs to be disabled. I had a similar problem, and I was able to type the following in the terminal app to reset it:

mpt disable
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Ok well i had mytether the paid version when i installed this and let me tell you it work just fine, but when i did a speed test i got download 1.0 and upload about 0.15 so then i went back to use the mytether via usb and couldnt get it to work so i had to uninstall because something in the freetether does something to mytether, now i did have to uninstall freetether using quick install cause just simply deleting wont do the trick, remember to reboot phone so installs and uninstalls to take affect, now as for the speed on both its basically the same only difference no need to patch and lose ur camera with freetether and mobihotspot so thats going to be my choice,,thanks for the ipks guys
    So, here's my problem.

Followed all the steps in the OP. Everything installed just fine. Turned on IP Forwarding in FreeTether. Mobile Hotspot opens. I can see the network on both my laptop and my iPod.

Then I connect either my laptop or my iPod to the phone, and suddenly the phone drops its data connection. Happens every time, sometime requiring a restart to get it to connect again.

Any ideas?
    Thanks a lot!
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    worked like a charm on the first try. thanks.
    pic for proof
    hmmm this works great for laptop.. But when I try to connect with my zune hd it says connection failed local only.. Try again.. Anyone else get this with other devices???
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    sadly the Zune HD is yet to support ad hoc wifi spots, and i believe that is what the all the tethering apps implement for the hot spot

EDIT: nevermind, I answered before installing. I am also getting the same error, but I do not know how to resolve it. From what I can tell, it's a Zune thing. After doing a bit of research the wireless on the Zune is extremely picky and will also have this same error with certain WPA/WPA2 enterprise hotspots. I even tried to make the tether spot an open one and it did not work. The only thing left is to wait for a new firmware update, which is supposed to resolve a lot of connectivity issues
    Last edited by jeffsaha; 01/25/2010 at 01:13 AM.
    Someone please clarify for me, If i already have mytether donor version, will this be of any use to me? Does this remove the need to apply the tethering patch each time before tethering? any downsides to having this rather than MyTether.
    Thanks in advance.
    can't access mobile hotspot download
    jeffsaha, just to clarify - the palm Mpbile HotSpot application creates an infrastructure access point, not ad-hoc like you were guessing.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by bdarknessb View Post
    Someone please clarify for me, If i already have mytether donor version, will this be of any use to me? Does this remove the need to apply the tethering patch each time before tethering? any downsides to having this rather than MyTether..
    http://www.precentral.net/verizon-mo...vices#comments
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    Quote Originally Posted by karmapolice View Post
    So, here's my problem.

Followed all the steps in the OP. Everything installed just fine. Turned on IP Forwarding in FreeTether. Mobile Hotspot opens. I can see the network on both my laptop and my iPod.

Then I connect either my laptop or my iPod to the phone, and suddenly the phone drops its data connection. Happens every time, sometime requiring a restart to get it to connect again.

Any ideas?

I have the same problem as karmapolice: everything seems to work fine (laptop connected to my PRE) and then suddenly PRE is losing its 3G data connection. It is possible to turn it on again, but after a while it is the same: 3G data connection is lost.

Any help would be appreciated !

EDIT: PRE loses its 3G data connection when a new Wi-Fi connection to the MobileHotSpot is established
    Last edited by kbywal; 01/25/2010 at 07:59 AM.
Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast