Page 49 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3944454647484950515253 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Please don't even search for the ipk com.palm.app.mobilehotspot_1.0.14_all-already_patched.ipk since this is illegal.
    lols
    Preware told me there was an update available for MHS today from 1.0.14 to 1.1.4. It didn't update of course. I wonder if anyone has put it up somewhere.
    wondering the same. I updated and now it doesn't work. No prob reverting back but I don't want to lose update all as it wil update mhs also.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    this install was stupid easy and got it working within 3 minutes..thanks for all the background info
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    It is not a donation, it is a payment. Donations are not compulsory. You are paying for a commercial application, which is a product, from a seller, and you are a customer.

That aside, I do agree that [currently] the amount of effort to get MHS working is far beyond most users and worth the *payment* for MyTether.
    Not a Donation? Donations are not compulsory?

Have you ever "bought" a raffle ticket? Raffle tickets are sold by DONATION.

Did you have to pay for the ticket? Yes
    Was it a set price? YES again
    Therefore you see that your logic is flawed as in some donations ARE COMPULSORY.
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Can someone pm me the MHS ipk link? and a list of the files (links if ya have them)

I really appreciate this...I hurried through last month and got it to work, but I need to put it back in my new phone, and i deleted the old files.
    has anyone patched the 1.1.4 MHS? or should one revert to 1.0.14 on those rare occasions when you need to use the MHS on Sprint?
    ;-)
    Please forgive my ignorance. I am very new to this forum and the palm pre. I have followed others instructions ( ttp://palmpre-hacks.com/palm-pre-hacks/how-to-install-verizon-mobile-hotspot-on-your-palm-pre/ )on how to get the hot spot app working on my sprint pre. I do have the app and i can connect to the hotspot with my PC but i am still unable to load any web pages. what am i doing wrong? Please help. I have invested so much time into this "hot spot" without success. I feel like i'm so close but very frustrated.
    Quote Originally Posted by DocHemi View Post
    Can someone pm me the MHS ipk link? and a list of the files (links if ya have them)

I really appreciate this...I hurried through last month and got it to work, but I need to put it back in my new phone, and i deleted the old files.
    You have PM's disabled
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Please send me files also, not sure I have had this installed since 1.4.5 and want to make sure I have latest ones. Thx.
    please me too
    I have a Palm Pre with Sprint.

After reading this thread I did a Google search and downloaded and installed two patches:

com.palm.app.mobilehotspot_1.0.14_all-already_patched.ipk

us.ryanhope.freetetherd_0.0.3_armv7.ipk

After doing this I tested the wifi. I used a Pre Plus that is enabled without a phone connection - all the apps work (including the Wifi app), but no phone number.

It worked like a charm.

After posting to Facebook on the Pre Plus via MHS Wifi signal from my Sprint Pre I got a bright idea: I decided to launch MHS from the Pre Plus to see if I could enable cascading Wifi signals, i.e. 5 - 1 from the Pre and 5 from the Pre Plus would be 9.

As soon as I launched MHS from the Pre Plus I got a system notification from my Pre saying my carrier does not authorize this data service and the MHS hasn't worked since.

Or rather it works partially: When I tested it with my girlfriend's Pre the next day the Hot Spot showed up in her Wifi listing, she could connect to it, my Pre confirmed the connection and then I got the system notification from Sprint that this was not authorized and my girlfriend's attempt to load a web page resulted in a "server not found" error on her Pre's browser.

Sucks.

I was so psyched - especially for her as she occaisionally has need of the MHS and it would be great if I could get it working for her on her phone so she could connect her laptop while traveling - minus the Big Brother denial from Sprint.

In truth, I don't need MHS - the only reason I want MHS is to put my iPhone and Blackberry Storm friends in their proper place. :-D

Anybody else get this sort of Big Brother error? More importantly:

Anybody have any bright ideas or know of any work-arounds?
    The typical cause/solution is to disable Bluetooth when running MHS.
    Last edited by NachoB; 10/28/2010 at 06:45 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Hmm...

I don't know if I was running BT when I tried to cascade Wifi signals, but I definitely was running BT when I tested it with my girlfriend the following day.

I just tested it now without the BT and it worked! No Big Brother!

Any idea why this is? It's a little...shall we say...idiosyncratic.
    Dunno, just one of those mathematical wonders you have to accept
    Last edited by NachoB; 10/28/2010 at 06:46 AM.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    I am new to this and I am trying to help a friend out with installing MHS on her Sprint Pre with stock 1.4.5 Does her phone need to be rooted or unlocked first to install this? Also does she need to put her Pre into Developer mode first to install the ipk's using WebOS Quick Install? Thanks for the help
    No rooting required. Developer mode needs to be ON for wosqi to recognize Pre. Attach Pre via USB and 'just charge.' Start wosqi and install ipk's. Good luck.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Is Preware required to be installed first or is that optional? I was reading post 381 and it states to install Preware but I'm confused on what it does and where it comes into play. Can anyone shed some light? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fastzipperus
    Is Preware required to be installed first or is that optional? I was reading post 381 and it states to install Preware but I'm confused on what it does and where it comes into play. Can anyone shed some light? Thanks
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-your-pre.html

You have to read this stuff.

If you don't read this stuff and just start hacking your phone you will likely need to visit the webOS Doctor, which - while not a tragedy - is a bit of a pain and is time consuming.

An ounce of prevention, you know?
    Trēo 650 -> Trēo 700P -> Trēo 755P -> Prē
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blessedkdg View Post
    has anyone patched the 1.1.4 MHS? or should one revert to 1.0.14 on those rare occasions when you need to use the MHS on Sprint?
    ;-)
    I am on Sprint, and did the 1.1.4 update through the App Catalog. It works fine, provided you use freetether to turn on IP Forwarding, because there is no patched IPK for 1.1.4 (yet) that does it for you.