Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst ... 384344454647484950515253 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    ^you need to search for MHS ver 1.0.14 already patched and install with freetetherd. then you're done.
    I'll give that a shot. Thank you!

edit: And now I am posting from it. Connected. Perfect! Many Thanks!
    Last edited by ditchdoctor; 09/07/2010 at 03:28 PM.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    I downloaded 1.0.14 and freetetherd, I can startup mobile hotspot fine, I can set the security setting, I can connect to it, but once I connect I lose data connection on my phone. I can ping the gateway from my connected devices, just can't get past there.
    Here's something a little odd... MHS works great as I posted earlier but after I shut it down (and unbeknownst to me) I had a phone call and a text not come through. After I made a phone call I started receiving them again and about 3 hours late I finally received the text. Is the IP fowarding maybe stuck after shutting MHS down causing the phone to not work? DO I need reboot the phone any time I use MHS after shutting it down? Anyone else have this problem?
    Everything fine here. I use MHS on my daily commute. One of the best things about it is that all phone functions still work while connected (i.e. web, email, texts, phone, etc.). After I disconnect when I get to the office, I turn off MHS and close the app and go on with my workday. Everything still works.

Do you close the app after use? Although it shouldn't matter really.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    works great. 1.4.5 Sprint Pre. Latest available ipk's. Connected now and loving it.
    can someone PM me or email me the MHS and patches needed for a Sprint Pre? I tried following instructions on first page and the "Patch" link was not valid.

Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Gust30 View Post
    can someone PM me or email me the MHS and patches needed for a Sprint Pre? I tried following instructions on first page and the "Patch" link was not valid.

Thank you
    <<Do not post links to illegally distributed software on this forum>>
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 09/11/2010 at 10:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fryedchikin View Post
    <<Do not post links to illegally distributed software on this forum>>

Dude, that was awesome!!! Thank you I dismissed the disclaimer saying that my plan does nto support MHS and to contact Sprint, then it started working great!!!
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 09/11/2010 at 10:21 AM.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Installed freetetherd from preware and emailed myself the MHS ipk and installed via preware and i'm tethered with wi-fi on my sprint pre running 1.4.5. Didn't even have to restart luna or reboot phone. Nice.
    From the OP....

***While we are going to permit discussion on the topic of Palm Mobile Hotspot on other carriers, under no circumstances may you post links to a copy of this software. The Mobile Hotspot app is Palm software and only authorized for distribution by Verizon. Distributing it for other carriers isnít allowed and violates the userís agreement with those carriers.***

Thank you for your co-operation.
    -Your Moderators
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    At least the thread is allowed to live. No worries, no need to understand
    My apologies, I honestly didn't think linking to a google search would be against the rules.

I think this thread should be renamed seeing as we can no longer assist users with installing this app on a Sprint Pre.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Can someone pm me the MHS ipk link?
    I just install moble hotspot but the app does not show up. what can I do?
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    delete it, read more, try again

if i knew, i would help :P
    Quote Originally Posted by gregmichael8 View Post
    Can someone pm me the MHS ipk link?
    Me too please.
    I like to show the sprint reps i can do it.
    They told me ONLY the EVO or the EPIC are the only ones that CAN.
    I told him .. bull puckey ... i'd show him
    I'm having trouble getting online. It seems i can only get connected to my bank website. All others gives me the Internet Explorer can not display this page message. I'm guessing this is a computer problem, not the phone. I'm running XP. Any thoughts?
    I just got a kindle and I am trying to get it to connect to my MHS. The kindle recognizes the Pre in the Networks. When I try and connect to the Pre, the phone will chime and say "device connected" but the Kindle says "Unable to Connect to Wifi Network". Cant figure it out. Any suggestions on how to get it to work would be great.
    I use this daily and it works great. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontischer View Post
    I just got a kindle and I am trying to get it to connect to my MHS. The kindle recognizes the Pre in the Networks. When I try and connect to the Pre, the phone will chime and say "device connected" but the Kindle says "Unable to Connect to Wifi Network". Cant figure it out. Any suggestions on how to get it to work would be great.
    try changing the security settings on the Kindle from or to WPA2