Page 47 of 53 FirstFirst ... 374243444546474849505152 ... LastLast
    I installed it and it worked the first time -- a bit slow -- 870Kbps down -- but it worked. But the 2nd time I ran it I got the Sprint message. And now every time I run it, it just says "Turning on Mobile Hotspot" but it never does fully "turn on" -- the message just stays.

The laptop can see the MHS network and I can "connect" to it, but I have no internet from it.

Any ideas?
    same here
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    i received a letter from palm. they said to pull this app. please do so as soon as possible.

"Hi Jeff --

The mobile hotspot app is Palm software and only authorized for distribution by Verizon. Distributing it for other carriers isn’t allowed and violates the user’s agreemnt with those carriers as well. As we get notified of copies of it floating around, our security team sends out notes asking people to stop doing so, because it’s against our agreements to distribute it without permission.

As to why Sprint hasn’t taken steps to prevent it from working on Sprint, I don’t know. That’s their network and we don’t operate it.

Please do take it down, it’s not supposed to be available.

Chuq"

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    ***While we are going to permit discussion on the topic of Palm Mobile Hotspot on other carriers, under no circumstances may you post links to a copy of this software. The Mobile Hotspot app is Palm software and only authorized for distribution by Verizon. Distributing it for other carriers isn’t allowed and violates the user’s agreement with those carriers.***

Thank you for your co-operation.
    -Your Moderators
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 08/30/2010 at 01:11 PM.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    So are we allowed to still discuss trouble shooting the app? I mine tries to connect then as soon as it connects it bounces back and disconnects? Any ideas on what is causing that??
    I thought this was legal now, didn't the supreme court rule that its OK to tamper with the phone, Ex. unlocking of the phone and its software, once the person makes the purchase of the phone. If someone else has heard this please clarify for me if Im wrong.
    Unlock the phone perhaps but that has nothing to do with software.
    Hey guys im having a bit of a problem. I have a Sprint Palm Pixi and am trying to install the MHS on it following the directions on these forums and am having some trouble. i have MHS 1.0.1.4 and i downloaded us.ryanhope.freetetherd_0.0.3_armv6.ipk because armv 7 wouldnt work cause im assuming its for pre. Now i install both files using Webos Quick install. When i goto the app Mobile Hotpsot on my phone it opnes and say:'

"Welcome to Palm Mobile Hotpsot! You need a special data feature from your carrier to use mobile hotspot" and blah blah blah. I press OK and then try to flick the mobile hotspot from off to on and it wont let me. and this is where im stuck. Im running webos 1.4.5 with Govnah and Uber Kernals.
    ^SOL - the Pixi minus does not have a wifi radio. sorry.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    ^SOL - the Pixi minus does not have a wifi radio. sorry.
    Classic
    not a bad answer to my question lol thanks :/
    can anybody pm about how to find mhs ipk. i have been searching for ever. most appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    can anybody pm about how to find mhs ipk. i have been searching for ever. most appreciated.
    I don't understand this question.
    1. It's not allowed to ask such questions ;-)
    2. It took me 30 seconds to find it (EDIT with google)
    Sorry got confused for a second. all set. ltm ltm
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Works fine for me on 1.45 using previously available IPKs. FYI, this is a clean replacement phone.

Followed all instructions. Also have a 1.4.5 pre that MyTether works fine on Wireless or USB. Decided to check out this Mobile Hotspot. I have everything loaded and I can start MHS and change around the pass phrase and network name but CANNOT move the slider to the right to actually turn the app on. ***?! I've deleted all and resinstalled. Tried with FreeTether, Free ThetherD and MHS and then just Free ThetherD/MHS/Patch. Same problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by ditchdoctor View Post
    Followed all instructions. Also have a 1.4.5 pre that MyTether works fine on Wireless or USB. Decided to check out this Mobile Hotspot. I have everything loaded and I can start MHS and change around the pass phrase and network name but CANNOT move the slider to the right to actually turn the app on. ***?! I've deleted all and resinstalled. Tried with FreeTether, Free ThetherD and MHS and then just Free ThetherD/MHS/Patch. Same problem.
    It's not so easy to talk about illegal stuff here. But where did you have the MHS from?
    In the past it wasn't possible to use install the Verizon MHS without patching the postinstall script because after install MHS it removed the service in the post install. Look at this post.
    What you are describing looks like the service is not running/available.

EDIT: Just saw it was the app itself. Sorry. My info seems not to be correct.
    But it seems to me the service is not running.
    Last edited by somline; 09/07/2010 at 01:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    It's not so easy to talk about illegal stuff here. But where did you have the MHS from?
    In the past it wasn't possible to use install the Verizon MHS without patching the postinstall script because after install MHS it removed the service in the post install. Look at this post.
    What you are describing looks like the service is not running/available.

EDIT: Just saw it was the app itself. Sorry. My info seems not to be correct.
    But it seems to me the service is not running.
    MHS came from some online file sharing site. Similar to CNet... Anyway, its the app itself. I can run it. It will load, I can edit the connection name and pass phrase but the slider itself will not move to turn the app on. Like I said My Tether is working ok for me, I just wanted to try out this app and compare. I use it very rarely anyway so its not the end of the world, I would just like to understand what I'm doing wrong or whats wrong with the program... Its version 1.0.3 which if I understand what I've read correctly is the only version that will work with my Sprint Pre.... mayhaps someone could PM me with some ideas if they can't post up in the public forum. I'm not asking for software or links just suggestions...

Also, when the patch is installed, I'm not supposed to have to run anything else besides the MHS program right? I understand with FreeTether you had to start it and activate the IP forwarding but with the patch you only have to have the FreeThether Dameon installed but don't have to run any other apps just the MHS... right?

thanks...
    ^you need to search for MHS ver 1.0.14 already patched and install with freetetherd. then you're done.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    works flawlessly on 1.4.5