Page 45 of 53 FirstFirst ... 354041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
    I see that I have to manually update Mobilte Hotspot, as the Updates app does not notify me that there is an update. I guess that makes sense, since the app was never downloaded through the App Catalog. All is working now. Note: After updating from Mobile Hotspot 1.0.3 to 1.014, you will be able to switch on the Mobile Hotspot app but not before. All is working now.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    How did you manually upgrade MHS?
    Go to the App Catalog and click on the icon in the lower right hand corner. You will then see a listing of all of your apps, scroll down the list to Mobile Hotspot and then click on it upgrade to 1.014.
    I can't seem to get my iPod Touch to connect to the Internet. It connects to Mobile Hotspot but then nothing happens and it disconnects. I do from time to time receive the your account is not setup for internet sharing, call Sprint type message. Any ideas?
    Mine is way, way slower. Like 1/2 the download at the best.

I am looking for the best way to speed this up, but I don't know much about this. Help would be greatly appreciated!
    - - - - - - -

Also, is it true that the wireless co., as far as anyone knows, can't know if you are tethering with mytether, but could easily make it so they can tell if you are using mhs? If so, it would seem to be way better to use mytether. Also, am I right in saying you can use freetether without mhs and that would work similarly to mytether in that it is harder to detect tethering?

Quote Originally Posted by LVRealtor View Post
    Working fine here. Thank you!
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 08/30/2010 at 11:02 AM.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    my mhs is also working again. I didn't have to update it, it was already 1.014. I'm on sprint. It was on my phone from os 1.35 when I instaled it. It must have updated itself with 1.4.1.1 ?
    I can now view web pages on my iPod Touch by installing the patched 1.0.14 version of Mobile Hotspot and following the instructions found here: http://forums.precentral.net/2355519-post70.html
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I was so upset when sprint deactivated the mobile hotspot app, but its working just fine now. This should have definately been put on pre central's home page...this is huge as I often use my cpu at work. I noticed that it is still quite fast on my device. Thank you. This is a major selling point b/c many people need internet access on the move and this does it
    I have MHS working on my up to date Sprint Pre with the latest version of MHs, but when I connected 2 of my other phones to the hotspot only the MAC addresses show up in the connected devices list. Any ideas why?
    hey guys there is an update for mobile hotspot. Should I update...
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_singh View Post
    hey guys there is an update for mobile hotspot. Should I update...
    If you want it to actually work Vic, then yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loonytunes View Post
    If you want it to actually work Vic, then yes.

sorry what I ment is that the update pop up on app catalogue.. I think I was reading something that say do not update from app catalogue...
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_singh View Post
    sorry what I ment is that the update pop up on app catalogue.. I think I was reading something that say do not update from app catalogue...
    You want to update from the app catalog.
    I am getting local access only, any thoughts to fix?? I have the mobile hotspot, freetether_d and ip forwarding patch installed using on a windows vista computer??
    Quote Originally Posted by mdaviso View Post
    I am getting local access only, any thoughts to fix?? I have the mobile hotspot, freetether_d and ip forwarding patch installed using on a windows vista computer??
    Win-doze
    Start>run>Cmd>ipconfig/renew

Try this and see if it helps...

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    I have freetether installed with ip forwarding enabled, then i open mobile hotspot and it turns on fine, the instant I connect my laptop the the mobile hotspot my EVDO drops and the phone has no IP address. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
    If you update the patched version, it will stop working!

So no, if you aren't on Verizon and using the "official" plan, then you SHOULD NOT update, you MUST run the patched version along with freetetherd!
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I did do the MHS update and am on Sprint. I will get an "Auth. Error" message, but I just hit OK and everything still works.

I've been using this for the past few days without a hitch too.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Love this! Works without a flaw. When I tried to update MHS the first time I got a fail. Rebooted the phone and when I tried to tap on the app name for the update I got the "not in my country" message. Tapped on the little box with the version number instead, and it updated. Weird.
    not for nothing...but why is this thread still active....lol