Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ... 333839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Yup....another happy Bell Pre user with MHS!!!!!! Thanks somline!!!!

Wow...you realize that Canadians actually have something that our southern brothers and sisters do not?!?!?!? Just kidding around but it does feel good to finally have something that Sprint Pre owners don't.

Can you say 3D gaming and paid apps? We are still waiting...and waiting....and waiting. Oh well, at least now I can play online games on my laptop tethered to my Palm Pre. LOL
    I installed everything in order, freetetherd, mobile hotspot and Jason's latest patch, but when I launch mobile hotspot I can't toggle the service to On. What am I doing wrong?
    it does not work on a sprint pre in 1.4. Shell out the money and get mytether. Version 2.1.0 is almost like mobile hotspot.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Cant someone fix the mobile hotspot app to make it work with 1.4??maby like a patch or something
    Quote Originally Posted by NpManny View Post
    Cant someone fix the mobile hotspot app to make it work with 1.4??maby like a patch or something
    Man, why didn't I think of that! Patch coming right up to fix MHS for everyone.
    get mytether. Version 2.1.0 is almost like mobile hotspot. nuff said this is what im useing right now.tethering from my sprint pre.now
    Quote Originally Posted by DjQue View Post
    get mytether. Version 2.1.0 is almost like mobile hotspot. nuff said this is what im useing right now.tethering from my sprint pre.now
    +1 same here!
    so I guess everyone gave up on MHS?
    Quote Originally Posted by themaster711 View Post
    I guess so.
    I was resisting, I even got MHS working on 1.4, but it's a pain in the *** cause you can't reboot the Pre as it crases.

I have myTether now and I'm happy
    I was really hoping to see some progress with MHS only becasue I've had issues with Mytether. At least I think, my wifi stops working when install mytether and activate usbnet. it just stays their cycling on and on saying its enabling wifi. After doctoring twice, mytether seems to be the only variable I can find that seperates when wifi does and doesn't work. $15 is worth it for sure if if I can figure out why it was affecting my wifi or if it wasn't, what was affecting it. I have seen a few folks post success with MHS and 1.4 but am not experienced enough to enter command line tasks to make it work. Thank you everyone for your hard work with our tethering needs and the changing webos versions.

I would be content doctoring back to 1.3.5 but my darn kids do too many hilarious, cute things that make it wonderful having a video recorder.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Ok so if i get my tether do i need anything else to make it wifi capable?? Taking a trip in may and want to get this working!
    Quote Originally Posted by themaster711 View Post
    I did

Unfortunately 1.4 has brought about a lot of Luna resets and memory issues for me, making me not even want to mess with the Pre right now. Before 1.4- I had used the Pre for 9 months without ever a crash, reboot, or reset.
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    Ok so if i get my tether do i need anything else to make it wifi capable?? Taking a trip in may and want to get this working!
    nope just that.and free tether. works fine im on it now. i had mhs b4 but 1.4 **** it up.
    Why do some people say that free tether AND my tether are needed together? Doesn't my tether work as a standalone?

Is there a way to USB tether with just free tether? (I don't need to have WiFi)
    Quote Originally Posted by douglasazo View Post
    Why do some people say that free tether AND my tether are needed together? Doesn't my tether work as a standalone?

MyTether works fine by itself. The people that are using FreeTether probably didn't buy/or donote to MyTether so they don't have the proper working version.

FreeTether alone should work with USB and BT. Get details from its own thread.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    FreeTether alone should work with USB and BT. Get details from its own thread.
    There are a couple potential threads that I have read but now I am looking for the most recent copy of FreeTether. Everyone is going to MHS...All I want is USB connection. I know, I know, its the wrong thread but I just don't know where to go for this. Its like all copies of FreeTether are gone. I can find freetetherd but not the main program. Help please.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I can find freetetherd but not the main program. Help please.
    Guess who watches this thread, too!

freetether is in the "testing" branch of the webos-internals Preware feed. there's supposed to be a way to make preware see this feed and install stuff off of it, but I find it easier to grab the .ipk's manually.

The freetether app itself is here: http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-..._0.0.1_all.ipk
    It's good for all versions of the pre (and I think Pixi, but don't quote me on that.)

The freetetherd service that freetether needs to do it's thing is available in several places, based on what kind of phone you have:

For the Pixi, look at the bottom of this page: Index of /feeds/webos-internals/testing/armv6/

For the Pre, this one: Index of /feeds/webos-internals/testing/armv7/

And if you're really crazy and want to try it on the emulator, this one: http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-.../testing/i686/

You'll obviously want the latest version of freetetherd, which is, at the time I'm writing this, 1.0.3. Happy hunting!
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    MyTether works fine by itself. The people that are using FreeTether probably didn't buy/or donote to MyTether so they don't have the proper working version.
    Not exactly. Basically, there's a flag in the kernel that enables the phone to act like a router, so that you can connect to the internet through it. It's called IP_FORWARDING. I think (can't tell for sure, because myTether is closed source) that myTether just flips this without checking it when starting up. If you've used another tethering app, they usually just set this to 'enabled' and forget about it. So, myTether comes along, tries to start up, and flips it back off, doesn't work, then you close it, and it turns it back on and shuts down. Freetether has a switch that will enable or disable ip forwarding on demand - essentially fixing Aonic's little oversight.
    does anyone have the new version of MHS 1.0.14?
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.