Page 42 of 53 FirstFirst ... 32373839404142434445464752 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I am gonna brainstorm here as well....

the instructions call for removing ....

/usr/bin/mobilehotspotd
    /usr/lib/ipkg/info/mobilehotspotd.postinst

But in /usr/lib/ipkg/info there are a few other mobilehotspot files... one is a md5sums file.

Could there be some sort of file version validation test occuring at shutdown? One that is presumably failing. I have to run but should the other three files in that directory be restored from 1.3.5.x or removed as well?

Palm Pre Backup Utility...done!
    Locate Pre....done!
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewPre View Post
    I don't think this should be ignored without inquiring a bit further.

What was your Pre's state prior to copying over the files? Was this a freshely 1.4 Doctored phone? What was the status of the all the files associated with MHS?? [PmNetConfigManager, MobileHotspotd, & MiniDHCP] Finally, you sent mobilehotspotd and WHAT other file over to your Pre that caused the hang? Do you mean the /etc/event.d/mobilehotspotd upstart script?
    Freshly doctored 1.4.
    Only a few patches installed.

What do you mean by status of the files?
    Sorry, kinda new to this.

And yes the upstart script.
    I was kinda getting irritated with it getting stuck on the circle thing on reboot, so I then doctored again.
    Now, I'm just sitting back and trying to let the pros figure this out.
    Even though I really do want to get this working.

Oh and I tried to follow vreihen's method, couldn't quite get what he was talking about with all the codes and whatnot.
    Again I'm new to this.
    Dear Jason Robitaille,
    we need a solution to Tether our Pre's and Pixi's Post WebOS 1.35.x... Over the past 6 plus months you and WebOS Internals have provided countless solutions to our problems. Would you be so kind, and pull another trick out of your bag of tricks?

Sincerely, Palm/Handspring user since 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by jay dubya View Post
    Dear Jason Robitaille,
    we need a solution to Tether our Pre's and Pixi's Post WebOS 1.35.x... Over the past 6 plus months you and WebOS Internals have provided countless solutions to our problems. Would you be so kind, and pull another trick out of your bag of tricks?

Sincerely, Palm/Handspring user since 2000
    My Tether : Tethering for Palm Pre - turn your Palm Pre into 3G WiFi router!
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    I got mytether to work as well. installed my tether v2.1.0 and freetether v0.0.1 and enabled ip forwarding and wifi tethering works fine, I'm using it now to post...

best of all i dint have to pay a dime.

look here for more details
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    Ivan,

Worked like a charm! Thanks for the quick fix. I think 1.0.0 was the key.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pks627 View Post
    So this script uses a command called pidof to return the process ids of daemons to be excluded from the kill list. Problem is pidof freetetherd returns nothing. Don't know why.
    No, pidof does return the PID. You're not using the whole name of the daemon, which is us.ryanhope.freetetherd.

My attempts at adding both daemons to the exclude list in S40sendsigs failed. I don't know what's hanging the shutdown script up, nor can I think of any additional apps/daemons that were installed with tetherd or mobilehotspotd.

I do believe you're on the right path, though--I'm not so sure the first part of the script (the 'for APPNAME in ' do loop) is ever getting out of the loop. I don't see anything in the /tmp/sendsigs.omit.d directory when the OS comes back up, but it's possible all of /tmp is being wiped at bootup.
    got it installed but it ask for a password that i put in and it says invalid.Fixed
    Last edited by DjQue; 03/10/2010 at 05:04 PM.
    got it posting from it now Mytether work perfect.Im getting good speeds.im downloading now and posting.
    Wow, I got completely different results using MyTether.

I've been following very closely to this thread.

I have read some very horrific stories about MyTeather in the past. Has it gotten better? Is this the only way to go?

I am a Linux noob but I can install/overwrite files to make MHS to work. I'm just trying to find the best way. BTW, I am only a VERY light teathering user. In fact, I almost never use it but I like to have the option of having it when the need comes up.
    I got this high when im not downloading.
    So has anybody looked into the code of mytether to see how Aonic is getting around the palm service?

Not sure if this is "legal" or not...

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Legal or not, I don't think Aonic would like that very much. Controversy aside, it's a source of revenue of his, and I don't think that we can just take his work without permission.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I got my fill of restarting and hanging my Pre in order to debug the issue. Reverted back to old files. Installed MyTether. Gonna stick with that approach until it breaks or I see confirmation that the MHS issues are fixed.
    Right now I trust FreeTether/MHS more than MyTether
    Once FreeTether/MHS connection is fixed, I'm switching back to FreeTether.
    I am successfully using Freetether with MHS. I had to go into the command line and manually start mobilehotspotd. Now I have my iPhone tether to my Pre. LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by alxb View Post
    I am successfully using Freetether with MHS. I had to go into the command line and manually start mobilehotspotd. Now I have my iPhone tether to my Pre. LOL!
    What command did you use in command line to manually start mobilehotspotd? I was under the impression that mobilehotspotd was removed from the phone's system files under 1.4.
    Not the daemon/service "mobilehotspotd" is removed but the startupscript in /etc/event.d/mobilehotspotd.
    mobilehotspotd is used by the MHS and bluetooth tethering on Verizon (and O2 Germany ;-)

More info here.
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    Please share your thoughts here. How To: Install Mobile Hot Spot on Sprint PRE

I'm sure a bunch of people will be interested.
    Thanks bnceo.
    You may have seen my post about successful tethering on Bell. It is confirmed so far by a handful of members.
    I don't know if this will work on Sprint but since both are EVDO it may.

UPDATE: Unfortunately does not work for Sprint as confirmed by Demlor
    Last edited by somline; 03/14/2010 at 12:13 AM.