Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite View Post
    where is this located? i search and can't find it.
    In Preware you goto the Available Packages Section but you need to have the Palm feed enabled. There's one version for the Pre and one for the Pixi. Also, HouseOfPalm, Find all applications and games available in the Palm Market for your Palm Phone, Palm Pre, WebOs etc... lists both apps. But it seems that only a Verizon phone can download them. It says that the Pre's version has been downloaded 165 times.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    post 33 in the patch thread has the correct links for all files still in the 'quoted' section..... installed and working GREAT!
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    For those who are having problems with MyTether conflict, see 'xorg tools' in my signature. It will fix the issues with MyTether and then you can remove it.

I have also scripted out a simple way to install mobilehotspot, but for now it is removed from xorg tools until we see how the dust settles.
    xorg tools - power tools for power users
  4.    #64  
    You will have to research this offsite, not kosher to post attachments here
    Last edited by crossweb; 01/24/2010 at 07:28 PM.
  5.    #65  
    I Updated the original thread and added the following RapidShare link available offsite for the MHS ipk:

<<Link Removed - Do not post links to illegal distributions of Palm software>>

MD5: C9AA59E67F081C53C01F3D573FFCD297
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 08/30/2010 at 10:43 AM.
    this is awesome. working great on my pre thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by threefiftyli View Post
    yes. your laptop will be using sprints network by connecting to your pre via wifi
    got it to work.now, is there a way to keep my connection on if the screen on the pre turnes black?
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    got it to work.now, is there a way to keep my connection on if the screen on the pre turnes black?
    The connection should stay live until you turn off MHS. Mine does.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crossweb View Post
    Have you tried my attachment here:
    Crossweb,

Please delete your attachments from your post before this thread goes Poof!
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach30SiR View Post
    Anyone else getting this error when installing?

Anyone please?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Is there now no way to get that mobile hotspot IPK?
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Anyone else having the problem that your laptop is ID'ing the network as "local only?" I've installed & uninstalled several times, everything appears to be working with mobile hotspot (IP address, forwarding on, etc.) and it even connects to it, but just says that it's "local only"....any help appreciated!

EDIT: also, I have disabled/re-enabled my laptop WAN

EDIT again: Working with iPod Touch connected to it now...must be something with Vista.

EDIT one last time: refreshed IP address on laptop, working great now. Amazing.
    Last edited by idoc21; 01/24/2010 at 06:48 PM.
    I'm writing this from my laptop connected with my Pre using Mobile Hot Spot while I wait for the wife at the Kohl's parking lot. Pretty cool! My wife just reserved a redbox movie from the laptop while I was driving. All this using my Pre!

Freaking awesome!
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    What is in the new version of the Mobile HotSpot v1.0.6 on the App Catalog and is it safe to download it. Also has anyone tried it yet.
    Last edited by saiks; 01/24/2010 at 05:14 PM.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saiks View Post
    What is in the new version of the Mobile HotSpot v1.0.6 on the App Catalog and is it save to download it. Also has anyone tried it yet.
    I'd like to but I don't think it's such an easy thing to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by saiks View Post
    What is in the new version of the Mobile HotSpot v1.0.6 on the App Catalog and is it safe to download it. Also has anyone tried it yet.
    Already been answered (perhaps elsewhere). It is a Verizon-only version that if installed on a Sprint phone, will cause it to reboot and remove the app.
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach30SiR View Post
    Anyone please?
    Just click OK and keep installing. Got that message on 3 Pres I put it on, and it works. And I still have and use MyTether. Its as easy as dragging the IPK to QInstall and clicking Install.
    it is working on a few pres that I have tried it on, but one pre just says "turning on mobile hotspot" when I turn the the app on. It just keeps spinning and I am unable to use it. Thoughts?
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Been watching the original thread from the start, and the various spur threads after the original thread vaporized. Looks like I'm in the (small?) group of people who this doesn't work for. Installed this with WebOS QI 2.96, uninstalled it with the same, installed/uninstalled with Preware (before things "changed" in preware) but all lead to the same end result with the "Auth Error - Your service account does not allow internet connection sharing. Contact Sprint for help" message. I DO have a valid IP address in freeTether and both the IP Forwarding and NAT are enabled. Still camping out on various threads to see if someone with similar problems gets lucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by slightlyoffbeat View Post
    it is working on a few pres that I have tried it on, but one pre just says "turning on mobile hotspot" when I turn the the app on. It just keeps spinning and I am unable to use it. Thoughts?
    i had the same thing happened to me...if uve had mytether in that pre then u will have to somehow remove it...i tried to remove it but somehow it still didnt work so i had to doctor...and now it works
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast